PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Prosdo
01-24-2005, 02:18 AM
As I was leaving where I always watch each and every Steeler game a few not all of them were saying Ben sucks. They didn't want it. They are horrible. Am I the only one who is sick of the fair weather and band wagon fans? I was so disgusted and still am. If you don't love them through the good and the bad then how are you a real fan? I myself am very uspet we lost and I know the fans on here are not fair weather fans. This site is great and so are the steeler fans here. I can't wait for next season. LETS GO STEELERS!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Steeler fans where their emotions on their sleeves, as do I. I will never say our team sucks or down a player like that..but the fact is, we lost, and we lost big...and when you lose a game like this, you cant help but shoot ur mouth of sometimes outta frustration.

but to comment, no ben does not suck, he's our leader of the future, but today was not our day....again...

timsim00
01-24-2005, 03:01 AM
It is terrible about the loss, no doubt, but we rode Big Ben all the way to the playoffs, it was his to lose. Unfortunately, he lost it. He will grow, and all will be better down the road.

Terrible Game, Good Season!

Pacific NW Steelers Fan!

ironcitychef
01-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Exactly what I wanted people to say. Support him if he won, but get his back for giving us a great season. I know I must wait for next year, but at least I have even more anticipation for the off season.

shevdog
01-24-2005, 04:16 AM
6-10 a year ago was tough. I was still waving my Terrible Towel that year. 15-1 + a win over the Jets and a heart-breaker to the Pats... my Terrible Towel still waves.

This "One for the Thumb" is a long battle. 25 years of patience is tough on all of us. At least I was born and alive the year they won their last Super Bowl. At least I watched one. Now I want to see the Steelers win several!

As for this loss & Big Ben... Big Ben is the future of the Steelers, no doubt. I'm sorry his first loss was a big one. He made mistakes which in my opinion cost the game. He lead the team to battle back. They almost did rally back to tie it up. Ben will be the Steelers star QB, no doubt. He'll be solid for years to come. Just please, Steelers, don't repeat the O'Donell and Slash Stewart thing with Big Ben. Pittsburgh fans has a hard enough time loving and supporing a QB longterm.

My Steeler fans of Philly and I will continue to mourn this extrememly difficult loss.

I wonder if the Steelers set booby-traps on the field back when they played the Jagaurs? lol

crazynick
01-24-2005, 06:33 AM
We all got to remember are quarterback was a Rookie and has never been under this much pressure wait till next year i hope betis just holds out for one more year to get that ring

gaudjr
01-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Ask yourselves one question; Could I have held up as well as Ben under that kind of prolonged scrutiny? 4 months of overbearing expections. All the experts were saying his being a rookie would surface. It eventually did, at the most inappropriate time. He has proved a unique ability to learn from his mistakes. He will be back

Prosdo
01-25-2005, 03:31 AM
I agree. No way you can take that season away from him., First year, wow did way more than any of us expected. Many people thought when Maddox got hurt that the season was over. The ride just began there.

dlapitt
01-25-2005, 03:06 PM
This loss was certainly not all Ben's fault, but he must burden some of the blame. Fans are not fair weather fans because they criticize the Steelers. When professionals who make millions do not perform to the best of their abilities on the biggest stage, then they deserve to be criticized. I'm sure everyone will be back and ready to cheer the boys on next year, I know I will be. Let's just all remember, we can't think that the Steelers can do no wrong because they can't think that way either...they will never improve if that's the attitude.

ironcitychef
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
I am interested in how we handle the off season. Will we let some big names go and go real long term building, or try to resign everyone to keep everyting in tact for one more year. Either way, Ben deserves some rest.

JerseySTEEL
01-29-2005, 12:29 AM
iam only 19 and yet when i was 9 i caught all the old superbowls on espn one night and Bam STEELER fan for life, i live in jersey if u cant tell by my name , iam around all jets and gaints fans here and all i can say is GO STEELERS!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2005, 12:01 PM
im sure all the jet/giant fans just love you these days! :willy: i can just hear them all crying the blues that we beat them all..

JerseySTEEL
01-29-2005, 06:19 PM
lol ya they love me lol

bigbensgirl7
02-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I agree...with everyone on this subject. People that don't know me have said I'm a fair whether fan, but what they don't know...Is I'm 25, can not remember the Steelers ever winning a SB because I was less than one year of age...but I am still a die hard fan. I live in Dayton, OH and I am known around here as the "Crazy Steeler Girl" and well I was upset with the loss to the Pats...what Steeler fan wasn't. Did I agree with the every play call the coaches made...NO, but I'm not the coach (thank goodness...we'd be in real trouble then...lol), but I just don't see that we should pin point who's to blame. Who would have ever guessed we would even be in this situation last year? I know after a 6-10 season, I thought this was going to have to be a major rebuilding year for us. I just wanted Ben to sit back and learn, and if the season was out of reach, maybe put him in to get some NFL experience. Did I ever think he was going to be a star his rookie season...NO! Give him the chance, it's hard enough on him, we don't need our own fans putting anything negative in his head....not that he would care what any of the haters think anyways, I know if I was him, I wouldn't!

BUT THE MAIN REASON I JOINED THIS BOARD IS FOR THE MOST PART EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE TRUE FANS IN HERE!!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

__________________________________________________ _________________________
GO STEELERS....I still luv ya!!! :hope:

clevestinks
02-18-2005, 05:22 AM
I really believe that the best is yet to come, with Ben. He had a great rookie season, and the team played awesome. As a quarterback in the NFL he was good not great. He will be great, ijust hope the years that he`s great, the whole team is great. And I would never say that the Steelers suck. I bleed black and gold. Did it suck losing to the Pats? Hell yeah. But here in Cleveland, they new in Sept. that they weren`t going to the Superbowl. So what a ride we had, and the Rooneys never let us down for long. We rarely go back to back years without a playoff game, some cities wait years and years to get back, cleveland.. Be proud people, we are Steelers Fans