PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers "Play of the Year"

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
espn is running all 32 teams plays of the year. the steelers POTY was their final play of the year.

santonio holmes 67 yard td catch in OT to win the game and knock the bungles from playoff contention.

i cant argue with that.

notables:

bungles limp wristed flea flicker against the ravens
brett farves 400th td to speedster g. jennings
t. holts juggling catch vs seattle
m jones drew gatting knocked down, getting back up and ripping a long one on the pats

Stainless Steel
02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Good selection. It was a great play and had the most effect on the results of the season.

touchdownward
02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
It was definitely my favorite play.
Although it would have been cool to make the playoffs, it was sweet ending their season 2 years in a row. :yeehaw:

ChronoCross
02-07-2007, 07:53 PM
It was a great play and a preview of what is to come this next season. Ben to Holmes and Ward. What a nice combo with Holmes improving all the time.

sumo
02-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I really liked Ward's catch and TD run against the Falcons too..but since we lost that game, I guess it doesn't count

Stainless Steel
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
My favorite bengals pic :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/BigJer/image_1823227.jpg

FastWillieParker39
02-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I thought of the Willie TD against the Clowns but then they showed the Holmes catch and forgot about that play.................defiantly the best play of the year.

PisnNapalm
I got my favorite play of the year right here....

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/harrison2.gif

klick81
It was definitely my favorite play.
Although it would have been cool to make the playoffs, it was sweet ending their season 2 years in a row. :yeehaw:

Hell yeah!!!

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I got my favorite play of the year right here....

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/harrison2.gifhehehe. c. henry getting "jacked up" in game 1 was pretty cool too. houshmanzadeh getting "jacked up" in game two could also be included... infact, i dont think any group of wr's was punished more than the crapmouthed bungles. i wonder why.

Steelers
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
That would be my pick. The Ben to Santonio.

steel#1
02-08-2007, 12:32 AM
The whole game against the loud-mouthed Bengals was good. I loved ending their season and having the same record against them was even OK. It was a good indicator or what can happen this coming season with Ben having more time to get in sinc with his receivers. People tend to forget that all of the WR's were relatively new and inexperienced this past year. With this years debacle behind them they should all be more motivated and in sinc.

And I don't know about everyone else, but it got a little nauseating listening to the press try to make the Jail-Break Bengals into the next Superbowl Champs. Carachter, Class, Humbleness, Unselfishness, and knowing that if you all sacrifice for the good of the team then every single player on the team will receive recognition--these are all realized by the Steelers--The Bengals are too much into glory-seeking and self-gratification to ever be successful. You can't win a team sport unless you are a team.

Physical Presence
02-08-2007, 05:16 AM
I liked the Holmes play as well.

shutdown
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I liked the Holmes play as well.

Same here.

memphissteelergirl
02-08-2007, 11:35 AM
It was a great play and a preview of what is to come this next season. Ben to Holmes and Ward. What a nice combo with Holmes improving all the time.

:iagree:

Stlrs4Life
02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Pretty good selection. Another might have been Porter INT in the first game versus Miami.

IA Stiller
02-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Agree with the holmes play. Knocking the bengals out and 8-8 looks way better than 7-9. Only play that I can remember of any impact this season. Of course, CJ getting slammed and knocking the crap out of H-zada were fun to watch.

Max Power
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, CJ getting planted is perfect. Any Bungle planting is welcome.

squirreljr_98
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Ben to Santonio was my pick too.

I just love (and hate) when your in the game and in one instant, and BAM!, one play and the game is over.

To put cincy out of the playoffs like that was definately the sweetest play all year.

augustashark
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
espn is running all 32 teams plays of the year. the steelers POTY was their final play of the year.

santonio holmes 67 yard td catch in OT to win the game and knock the bungles from playoff contention.

i cant argue with that.

notables:

bungles limp wristed flea flicker against the ravens
brett farves 400th td to speedster g. jennings
t. holts juggling catch vs seattle
m jones drew gatting knocked down, getting back up and ripping a long one on the pats

:chuckle: