PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Snickers Commercial

Stainless Steel
02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
You've all seen it. Two mechanics "accidentally kissing". Gay rights people think it's offensive. Christians think it is offensive for different reasons. What do you think?

stillers4me
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
It was funny. People need to get a grip.

I could make a list of things about a mile long that offend me but nobody cares.

Preacher
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
I thought it was absolutely gross...

Why would ANYONE eat a snickers?

Stainless Steel
02-07-2007, 07:47 PM
1. The person that decided to do this commercial should be fired.

2. The gay rights people should be happy that two guys were kissing during the super bowl. On top of that, they should be happy that two "homophobic" people acted so stupid when their manhood was in question.

PisnNapalm
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
That commercial probably killed any future desire to eat a snickers.

I completely hated it.

Maidenarcher
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I think the media is trying their hardest to shove homosexuality down everybodies throat as if it were the norm. Look how our morals have decreased over the decades. The things we use to not stand for were pushed at us until we accepted them. We desensitize ourselves to those things and now they are apart of our daily lives...Just look at our PG 13 movies....We have accepted the "P" and "D" words and now they are used in almost every movie that has a PG 13 rating....I guarantee just like we have accepted this other crap in our lives, in the future we will except homosexuality and anything immoral as the norm....So, we can all kick ourselves in the butts...Why? Because we have accepted this crap and made it okay instead of standing up for what we believe is right.

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
the ad campaign managers were going for shock value and "buzz". in that aspect they were a success. most sb ads dont re air much anyways. its a 1 shot "bang for your buck" type of deal.

name recognition mustve been the main goal. those who eat snickers will subliminally be tempted to buy a few more. those who dont probably wont buy a snickers regardless of how good a comercial was.

i dont drink bud, regardless if ive loved or hated their dozens of commercials throughout the years.

Stainless Steel
02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I think the media is trying their hardest to shove homosexuality down everybodies throat as if it were the norm. Look how our morals have decreased over the decades. The things we use to not stand for were pushed at us until we accepted them. We desensitize ourselves to those things and now they are apart of our daily lives...Just look at our PG 13 movies....We have accepted the "P" and "D" words and now they are used in almost every movie that has a PG 13 rating....I guarantee just like we have accepted this other crap in our lives, in the future we will except homosexuality and anything immoral as the norm....So, we can all kick ourselves in the butts...Why? Because we have accepted this crap and made it okay instead of standing up for what we believe is right.
Well put.

fansince'76
02-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I think the media is trying their hardest to shove homosexuality down everybodies throat as if it were the norm. Look how our morals have decreased over the decades.

I agree with the media blitz regarding homosexuality, but I think the "morality" of earlier times was about the same as it is now - things were just a hell of alot more suppressed. Look at all the catholic men in their 30's and 40's coming out and saying they were molested as alter boys by priests. Not to mention how many people of both sexes who were well into adulthood before they told anyone about being sexually abused by a parent or another close relative when they were children. Society is just more open now - in some cases for better and in others for worse.

Maidenarcher
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree with the media blitz regarding homosexuality, but I think the "morality" of earlier times was about the same as it is now - things were just a hell of alot more suppressed. Look at all the catholic men in their 30's and 40's coming out and saying they were molested as alter boys by priests. Not to mention how many people of both sexes who were well into adulthood before they told anyone about being sexually abused by a parent or another close relative when they were children. Society is just more open now - in some cases for better and in others for worse.

True....However, we are only considered more open or openminded now because the BS that is put down our throats we have tolerated and accepted as being okay.....

And, again like you said some of those things were for the worse...And some of those things we have accepted were for the betterment of mankind.....Hell, thank God as a woman I can actually be grateful I am allowed to speak my mind and am considered an equal.....I would consider that for the betterment of mankind...However, maybe you men would not agree(laughing)...:flap:

melroseplace
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
I thought the commercial was stupid. not because I have anything against gay people, because I don't. I just didn't like the commercial itself. but then again I didn't really like a whole lot of them this year...was it just me?

Stainless Steel
02-07-2007, 09:22 PM
This is great news. I was so afraid that if I ate another snickers I would be subliminally tempted to kiss another guy! :yuck:

Start ripping your chest hairs out just for thinking that.:jawdrop:

:smile:

Borski
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
That was the 2nd best ad of the SB, sick yes, funny and if you never want to eat a snickers because you saw that ad, get over it.
its just an ad, your not going to go gay if you eat one....just pull out your chest hair after you eat it and you'll be fine.

pitt
02-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I thought the commercial was just plain dumb.

augustashark
02-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I ate a sssnickers yesterday, and I'm sssorry to sssay that today I feel ssssuper.

Not gay here, thanks for aaasking.

klick81
02-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I ate a sssnickers yesterday, and I'm sssorry to sssay that today I feel ssssuper.

Not gay here, thanks for aaasking.

LMAO...I didn't like commercial. I just thought it was gross.

jjpro11
02-10-2007, 03:07 AM
it was pretty stupid.. then again all the commercials were pretty bad. probably the worst set of super bowl commercials i can recall.

Preacher
02-10-2007, 04:06 AM
What a sad world we live in when we have SB commercials being railed against and boycotted for being homophobic and a ROBOT going off a bridge being pulled for being "insensitive to suicide."

IT IS A COMMERCIAL PEOPLE... OF A ROBOT.

Seriously America...

BUTCH UP

Oh wait... That might be homophobic

Big D
02-10-2007, 09:13 AM
This was a snickers bar commercial? I thought it was a trailor to the new movie broke back moutain 2.

X-Terminator
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I never saw it, but the flap it's caused doesn't surprise me in the least.

polamalufan43
02-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm not really sure. Honestly, I think it was just strange, I haven't actually seen the commercial, but have heard enough about it. I can understand why there is such a hype over it, but I think that every one should just settle down.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

sumo
02-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I eat snickers....but I'M NOY GAY!!! .... not that there's anything wrong with that....

Stainless Steel
02-11-2007, 06:44 AM
http://youtube.com/superbowl

Here's a link to all SB commercials.

stillers4me
02-11-2007, 07:17 AM
What a sad world we live in when we have SB commercials being railed against and boycotted for being homophobic and a ROBOT going off a bridge being pulled for being "insensitive to suicide."

IT IS A COMMERCIAL PEOPLE... OF A ROBOT.

Seriously America...

BUTCH UP

Oh wait... That might be homophobic

:toofunny:

A gay snickers commercial and All Anna Nicole, all the the time.....egads, it's a slow news week!!