PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Wade Phillips will be named Cowboys head coach

sumo
02-08-2007, 02:31 AM
I am surprised by this - after all the interviews, I have to admit - I didn't think Phillips was in the picture at all - I was thinking Norv Turner - maybe Rivera - Jerry Jones is suffering from botox brain freeze...Phillips is way to passive to make it in Dallas - he will go the way of Campo and Gailey...

Livinginthe past
02-08-2007, 02:37 AM
I am surprised by this - after all the interviews, I have to admit - I didn't think Phillips was in the picture at all - I was thinking Norv Turner - maybe Rivera - Jerry Jones is suffering from botox brain freeze...Phillips is way to passive to make it in Dallas - he will go the way of Campo and Chailey...

I remember reading (on PFT, I think) that Jerry Jones wants a puppet for a HC, so that he can have him rule by proxy.

Then there was Norv's apparent insistence that the OC in Dallas, Jason Garrett, wasn't up to the task - and I think he had only just recently been appointed, or re-appointed in that position.

PFT gets alot of stick, but it looks like they called this one right.

NM

touchdownward
02-08-2007, 06:33 AM
What's Sports Illustrated saying about all this. :wink02:

Big D
02-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I can hear T.O. calling phillips a hick now. I think that Phillips is just an interm head coach until jerry feels garrets ready.

Hines0wnz
02-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Another glaring reason that shows how stupid Jerry Jones really is. Jimmy Johnson is laughing his ass off somewhere.

Big D
02-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Another glaring reason that shows how stupid Jerry Jones really is. Jimmy Johnson is laughing his ass off somewhere.

jimmy johnson has been laughing his ass of for ten years now.

Hines0wnz
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
jimmy johnson has been laughing his ass of for ten years now.

Of course he has.....along with most of the league. :sofunny:

klick81
02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Another glaring reason that shows how stupid Jerry Jones really is.

OR not. What if he hired Phillips as a stand-in until Cowher is ready to come back?

boLT fan
02-08-2007, 05:13 PM
We lost every coach EXCEPT Marty. WTF is this? :banging:

tony hipchest
02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
We lost every coach EXCEPT Marty. WTF is this? :banging:lol. welcome to the big leagues. and just think... you couldve had a sb winning staff of whiz, grimm, and perry

Fordy
02-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Owens wont respect him and he wont help Romo improve much, they are going to implode. Unless its only a temporary hire because Garrett is the future coach it is a terrible hire. Being a Cowboys hater it will be fun to see them struggle with Phillips and watch the Owens sideshow.

NV STEELERS 723
02-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Owens wont respect him and he wont help Romo improve much, they are going to implode. Unless its only a temporary hire because Garrett is the future coach it is a terrible hire. Being a Cowboys hater it will be fun to see them struggle with Phillips and watch the Owens sideshow.

Who is she? OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!