PDA

View Full Version : Rivals.com rankings -

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Here is the final ranking of the '07 signing classes by rivals.com, which is my opinion is the most reputable and competent of the major recruiting services.

http://www.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

memphissteelergirl
02-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Looks like the usual suspects at the top of the list....

They have Memphis at 96...hmmm. Well I still think we have a good class...very excited about the depth we have on the O-line and D-line with the ju-co players we got. Dallas Walker looks like he could be a great QB for us too. Looking forward to spring practice and see how our guys look.

GO TIGERS!

Hines86Ward
02-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, Wannstedt knows how to recruit, let's see if he can transform it into wins....

Elvis
02-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I just hope that Butch Davis gets the Heels going in the right direction
on the football field...
:smile:

Godfather
02-22-2007, 09:10 PM
The recruiting services in general are shills for certain programs. I've seen people on several message boards track their star ratings over time, and in many cases the rating changed after they signed with the "right'or "wrong" program.

Suitanim
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
OSU shows how flawed these rankings are.

(From Terry Pluto of the Akron Beacon Journal)
Remember that famed 2002 Buckeye recruiting class, ranked No. 1 in the nation by several services?

According to Scout.com, the highest rated player was linebacker Mike D'Andrea, No. 8 in the country. He rarely played for the Buckeyes because of major injuries.

Other big names were Maurice Clarett (now in prison), Justin Zwick (a backup quarterback) and Mike Kudla, who had an impressive college career battling through major illnesses and injuries. He was not drafted, went to camp with the Pittsburgh Steelers but was sidetracked by injuries and cut.

The best player of that class turned out to be A.J. Hawk, now with the Green Bay Packers.

Scout uses a five-star system. The more stars, the better. Hawk was a middle-of-the-pack, three-star guy.

Ever hear of a kid named Rob Sims? An offensive lineman from Nordonia High? They gave him three stars. He's now an NFL starter with the Seattle Seahawks.

How about T.J. Downing from GlenOak High? They gave him two stars. He was named first-team all-Big Ten as an offensive lineman.

What about Nick Mangold, a starter for the New York Jets? He received ONE star, but he was a first-round NFL pick. Jay Richardson also was a one-star player but started as a senior on the defensive line.

It's just like first-round draft choices in the NFL, compared with guys picked in the later

Elvis
06-03-2007, 07:45 AM
These services know no more than we do how these young kids will fare in the college game or the pros. Alot of times an injury changes the way the player can get around and their speed may change etc. I like to look at these sites as well as everyone else, but they cant give us anything in stone of how players will perform and this is the same at any sports level in any sport.
God Is Love...
Elvis