PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr. wants 51% of D.E.I.

tony hipchest
02-08-2007, 07:29 PM
for any non nascar fan reading this, its a very interresting story and contract negotiation. dale jr. is in a contract year and is easilly the most marketable person in nascar with the largest fanbase. he drives for a team founded by his dad, and that now belongs to his step mom. negotiations have been frosty due to personal issues.

teresa earnhardt owns the name "dale earnhardt" and "dale earnhardt jr." for marketing purposes. by itself, the 3 race teams cost about 20-25 mil/year to operate. the company, with all the licensing agreements, is probably worth as much as many nba, mlb, and nhl franchises.

when dale sr. died he was making as much money as all but a few atheletes in the world. not taking into account he didnt even drive for the team he owned or those revenues.

the thing that is most bizarre is that dale jr deserves it, to remain with dei. that team will crumble without him. budweiser probably pays him about 15 mil/year just to drive plus he gets around 40% of all winnings PLUS all his endorsement deals. if he could get a slice of all the merchandising he will be one rich man.

i'd have to say jr. holds all the cards and teresa is in no position to play hardball. she probably will though, which seems to be the reason she didnt sit in on the negotiations yesterday. good luck to him. although i hope he comes to team penske and takes over the miller lite #2.

daleemnm
02-10-2007, 03:24 PM
If he goes anywhere else, he'll be headed to Childress.

Buzz05
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
In a way I would like to see Little E go to Richard Childress Racing. I think he needs a fresh start and a new perspective. Besides how great would it be to see the black number 8 car permanently. I say number 8 because I think nascar should retire the number 3.

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Junior drives the cars at 200 MPH that could crash and kill him. Mom just scrogged Dale Sr.

Junior deserves 51%. It's not like Theresa will be left out in the cold...

Elvis
03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
If he goes anywhere else, he'll be headed to Childress.
I believe Jr. would look Awesome in the Red/Silver/Black #38 GM Goodwrench car!!
Elvis