PDA

View Full Version : Priscos Power Rankings

tony hipchest
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9978990

i figured every off season power ranking would have the steelers written off as a bottom half team. this one has us 10th (7th among afc teams though)

SteelerFanInCA
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
"Bill Cowher is gone, with Mike Tomlin now the coach. He is young, but everybody speaks highly of him. Losing Ken Whisenhunt to the Cardinals will hurt the offense."

I don't exactly agree with that. Even though we lost Whiz I still believe our offense will be OK, especailly now with the scaled down play book.

slashsteel
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I think our O goes as Ben goes. And our D will follow suit if the O motivates them. Ken Anderson will hold the key to our season. Will Ben to the Ice rebound ? ? I tend to think so ! !

Atlanta Dan
02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
We will never know whether Whiz as HC would have unleashed all of Ben's talents - since I wanted an outside hire as HC and IMHO virtually the entire offense other than Parker regressed in 2006 with Grimm & Whiz as coaches, I do not regard a further offensive slide without Whiz as inevitable.

The new coaches are sending a message to Ben through their comments to the media that the days of Ben being the QB savant who could slide by with sloppy work habits are over. It's all on Ben to respond to the challenge and show that 2006 rather than 2004-05 was the aberration.

Off season rankings are a joke - in today's NFL past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Dragon
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I agree, It all depends on Ben and whether he can come back strong next season.

SteelersTilIDie
02-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I thnk the Steelers should be like 8th, and i dont think the eagles are better than us.

Infamix
02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I thnk the Steelers should be like 8th, and i dont think the eagles are better than us.

I dont know about that. It's kind of wrong if they aren't...they made it pretty far.

steeler614
02-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Steelers are better than Bengals, Eagles, Saints, and Broncos, possibly better than the Bears. should be at 5 or 6.

HometownGal
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Off season rankings are a joke - in today's NFL past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Well said, Dan - couldn't agree with you more. :thumbsup:

I crack up watching all of these schmos clamoring to crown next year's SB winner in advance, only to see most of them with egg on their faces by the time the playoffs arrive. :toofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
As for Ben being the key to the season. He is a big part but not the key. The key to me is the Oline and hopefully their return of dominating the trenches. At times the Steelers Oline was just pushed around (especially against the Ravens twice). Lets face Ben could turn into the next great QB this year and it won't matter if he gets dropped 45 times again this year. Plus just imagine how many more yard Fast Willie could get with a more consistent Oline.