PDA

View Full Version : What a Game!

Justin Otstott
08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
wow! Did our D kick some ass or what! For the first time in my life I got tired watching a Steelers game when they were winning. But YES WE GOT WARD BACK!!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Yep, I was happy!!!!. Special teams was just awesome!!!!

steelparrot
08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Secondary was a little iffy. I know Ben barley played but some of his passes missed pretty bad. Right now thats really the only things that really stick out in my mind. We did many more good things than bad. Overall a good start.

Another thing....did anyone notice how loud that crowd was at the last 4th down play. Damn, for as many little people that were there at that time, they were very loud. Very nice :cool:

BigBen2WardPITT
08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
yea our secondary was not good. as usual.

Prosdo
08-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Special teams were awesome! Great job to them!

Justin Otstott
08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
^ yes OMG they kicked ass! Hope our SPT play like that in the regular season! Also I loved seeing Maddox on the field, I have a lot of respect for that guy, Tommy Gun!

JerseySTEEL
08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
well our secondary wasn't that bad most of the plays were made against 2nd-3rd string guys and don't forget the best secondary is a great pass rush and we have the best in the league. glad to see we have great WR depth and RB depth.

Justin Otstott
08-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I know right, The team is looking good and once Porter and Staley come back, it should be a trip to the SB!

steelersgirl86
08-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Yes awesome game. It was great to be watching the black and gold again and what better way to see it. At first I didnt think we were going to see our quarterback come out on the field...great job to all.....

Justin Otstott
08-16-2005, 07:07 AM
^ lol! Its crazy because I was going to turn the game off in the first 3 mins.

Stlrs4Life
08-16-2005, 10:37 AM
We didn't see our 1st team O enough. What 10 plays we did see, they looked sluggish. But with Hines back I think that will change. Also, our 2nd team D needs alot of work.

Rush58
08-16-2005, 10:41 AM
^ lol! Its crazy because I was going to turn the game off in the first 3 mins.

I had to after the 1st quarter, electrical storm.

Rush58
08-16-2005, 10:44 AM
We didn't see our 1st team O enough. What 10 plays we did see, they looked sluggish. But with Hines back I think that will change. Also, our 2nd team D needs alot of work.

I agree with the 1st team offense being sluggish. There were a couple of bad throws by Big Ben and a drop ball. But in all fairness, the timing I believe was thrown off by the dominance of the defense and special teams. Our offense didn't get the ball until 5 minutes to go in the 1st quarter, I believe.

rowedf
08-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Well, although I was very happy in the result, I was pretty disspoinated in the gameplay of our starters. Ben looked off, 2 throws over the middle reminded me way to much of the playoff games were he threw like that. It's only the first preseason game, so I'm not worried. The starting D, I thought got eaten up when they needed to get off the field. They would play great on 1st and 2nd down but on third McNabb exploited them up converting on 3rd and longs, thats worrisome to me.

What I did like was our our 2nd and 3rd string D line play.....showed a lot of promise. The one very very sour spot was Alonzo Jackson, they have done everything they can to get the guy to perform but he cant make plays on the field. They put him back to his collegiate position and still.....nothing. They were getting some interrior pressure while he was in the game, but.....do you really think thats caused by his play? I dont think so. The other guy I was a bit dissapointed in that I had really high hopes for was Ryan Wallace....he just looked.....slow and cumbersome out there, not the same player I watched at temple, I hope he was just nervous and tentative. He had a chance to blow up a screen play......but totally took the wrong angle and got eaten up by a pulling guard.....that led to a nice earful from cowhwer when he came off the field :)

Rush58
08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
They would play great on 1st and 2nd down but on third McNabb exploited them up converting on 3rd and longs, thats worrisome to me.

Actually, I think we gave them one on that 3rd and 17 b/c we went into a zone instead of blitzing.

clevestinks
08-16-2005, 02:14 PM
For a team hurting at the wide receiver position. Philly and McNabb did show us up a bit. McNabb 119 yards passing in the first quarter. I`m a little worried there.
Ben did looke shaky at best. I wish we could have seen more. He could have been picked twice.

steelparrot
08-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Actually, I think we gave them one on that 3rd and 17 b/c we went into a zone instead of blitzing.

yep i noticed that happened a couple of times. That wont happen in the regular season

VaDave
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
McNabb is not exactly chopped liver. McMahon is not bad either. We were playing a soft zone a lot and these guys hit the wideouts like they're supposed to. I'm sure when the real games start it will tighten up.

BTW, it is only one game, and it didn't count, and it sure was fun, but there's going to be a lot of playing between now and Detroit, so keep some powder dry. Onward and upward!

SteelerFanInATL
08-17-2005, 07:19 AM
I have never seen our special teams play that well. I hope this is not just a one game type thing but something that we can look forward too for the season. Every little bit helps
when you are looking to make the Drive for Five!!! :wink02:

Bamataco1
08-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Our special teams were good and they actually should be every year being that Cowher was a special teams player and coach. You would think that it would be a trademark of the Steelers instead of a suprise.
The D looked good but it is much quicker and easier to get the d playing together and looking good than the offense.
I think that they should have played the first team O and Big Ben longer, he didn't get many snaps. Instead of playing these players for a quarter they should play them for a number of snaps. That way you would be sure that these guys got in enough playing time together.

Justin Otstott
08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
^ I agree, We didnt get to see enough of Ben. I was mad because I wanted to see how Ben played his second season! I was thinking we had Stewart, then Maddox took over, then Maddox lost his spot and Ben took it, I hope Ben dont lose his spot to St. P! I hope ben is up with Brady and McNabb!