PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaughs latest NFL "analysis"

tony hipchest
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM
...the media picks on rex grossman because he is white. :dang:

what an idiot.

sumo
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Are you sure he was serious and not joking? - that guy is about 80% sarcasm - which is why he's always in trouble - he thrives on it - he waits for the controversy and then claims he was only kidding around...

tony hipchest
02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Are you sure he was serious and not joking? - that guy is about 80% sarcasm - which is why he's always in trouble - he thrives on it - he waits for the controversy and then claims he was only kidding around...the guys on pti were talking about it. i dont think rush believes half the stuff he says. just the fact that he has a medium to say it is what makes him a multi millionaire.

its a retarded thing to say regardless, but that is what he gets paid to do. haha

sumo
02-09-2007, 06:18 PM
the guys on pti were talking about it. i dont think rush believes half the stuff he says. just the fact that he has a medium to say it is what makes him a multi millionaire.

its a retarded thing to say regardless, but that is what he gets paid to do. haha

Rush has to make serious bank - a couple of weeks ago I heard him say he felt insulted when someone claimed he only made 12 million a year....

I thougth he was being sarcastic with the grossman stuff based on when he got blasted for the Mcnabb comments on ESPN...

Atlanta Dan
02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Probably just another way for Rush to play to his base and claim white males never catch a break.

Limbaugh's success is the living embodiment of the observation of H.L. Mencken that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Preacher
02-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Rush has to make serious bank - a couple of weeks ago I heard him say he felt insulted when someone claimed he only made 12 million a year....

I thougth he was being sarcastic with the grossman stuff based on when he got blasted for the Mcnabb comments on ESPN...

More then likely... That is EXACTLY what it is.

Stainless Steel
02-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Rush is a big Steelers fan. Aside from that, he doesn't have much going for him in the area of football.

tony hipchest
02-09-2007, 07:44 PM
rush could be being sarcastic, after all its a good and convinient "out" for him to say just about whatever.

i didnt hear the comments in context, just what wilbon and kornheiser touched on on pti.

however, judging by rush's reputation and all his comments that precede him, i do believe he thinks that if rex were black he wouldnt take quite the same amount of heat that rex has.

black or white, rex's 4th quarter interceptions are equally horrible. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. i thought the white vs. black qb issue was dead and a non issue. i guess not. atleast it makes for funny fodder.

sumo
02-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Rush is a big Steelers fan. Aside from that, he doesn't have much going for him in the area of football.

You're right I forgot about this - I have heard him a couple of times talk about his love for the steelers..

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-09-2007, 08:07 PM
black or white, rex's 4th quarter interceptions are equally horrible. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. i thought the white vs. black qb issue was dead and a non issue. i guess not. atleast it makes for funny fodder.

if the white vs. black HC is still alive and kickin why not QB's ??

boLT fan
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
if the white vs. black HC is still alive and kickin why not QB's ??

That's just so blown out of proportion by the media it's not even funny...

Stlrs4Life
02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Rush Limbaugh is a Huge Fat Loser, and a big %^& hypocrite. And ashamed that he is a Steeler fan, cause he talks like a Bungle Fan.

Atlanta Dan
02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
You're right I forgot about this - I have heard him a couple of times talk about his love for the steelers..

For those old of us enough to remember, the genuine Steelers loyalty comes from the days Limbaugh was disc jockey "Jeff Christie" on WIXZ 1360 and KQV in the early 1970s. There is what may just be a nasty rumor as to why Rush was fired from KQV in those less tolerant times, but unlike Rush I will not slam someone's reputation and then claim I was just kidding.

Stlrs4Life
02-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Fill me in on the nasty rumor. I'm old enough to remember the early 70's.

Mosca
02-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Phhhhht. I'm no fan of Rush, but anyone who doesn't recognize his peculiar brand of sarcasm here is off base a bit. If Rush is anything, he's media savvy and knows exactly what he's saying.

Tom

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
He's a Big Fat Idiot! Good read if you get a chance. Gotta love Al Franken

CrazySteelerFan
02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
i was actually listening to limbaugh when this was said....it was said in total sarcasm mainly to mess wit the media and show the difference when they report between a
black qb and a white qb...it was all tongue in cheek

tony hipchest
02-10-2007, 11:37 AM
i was actually listening to limbaugh when this was said....it was said in total sarcasm mainly to mess wit the media and show the difference when they report between a
black qb and a white qb...it was all tongue in cheekdefinitely a calculated comment to create buzz then.

in the same hour 2 black head coaches earned a superbowl bid and the steelers named the first black head coach in their lengthy history. then the following day, i believe, the giants named their 1st black gm in their lenghty history. i think the whole black/white qb thing can die out now. rush's take on how black qb's are pampered by the media is old hat and SO last century (i know, he only said it a few years ago).

but then thats rush's schtick and his job. when the flames begin to die down, he is right there to stoke the fire.

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Rush Limbaugh is a Huge Fat Loser, and a big %^& hypocrite. And ashamed that he is a Steeler fan, cause he talks like a Bungle Fan.

I agree Dom ! I too am ashamed to have that tub of goo even remotely associated to something I hold so near and dear as the Stillers!

augustashark
02-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I guess this is a lefty thread. LOL

tony hipchest
02-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I guess this is a lefty thread. LOLi take my football very seriously. something as trivial as politics (or rush), shouldnt even f' with it.

:chuckle:

HeartofSteel
02-10-2007, 12:31 PM

That's just about the most accurate thing I've read all day!

augustashark
02-10-2007, 12:34 PM
That's just about the most accurate thing I've read all day!

I'm glad you agreed.:yawn:

HeartofSteel
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm glad you agreed.:yawn:

I'm glad you're glad :wink02:

tony hipchest
02-10-2007, 12:42 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

hugs all around!

:chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I guess this is a lefty thread. LOL

I am left handed!:smile:

Stainless Steel
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Rush has some great political views, but not 100% accurate. Not even 98.3 % accurate. When he steps into arenas that he is interested but not an expert, he tends to miss the mark quite often.

Preacher
02-11-2007, 09:21 PM
For those who are calling Rush a hypocrite... or talking about his schtick.. etc.

May I suggest you listen to Rush for a couple of weeks first. One thing Rush has NEVER been is a hypocrite. He was addicted to painkillers... and PURPOSEFULLY never talked about drug *******, even though everyone says he did, no one can pull a quote, cause they don't exist.

The same is true in talking about his schtick. People, I have heard Rush say things, then watched it circulate in the media, taken WAYYYYYYYYYYYY out of context.

I don't talk about Al Franken, cause I don't listen to him. I don't beleive what others say about him, because I DONT LISTEN TO HIM.

May I suggest we actually get first hand knowledge before we make judgements...

Preacher
02-11-2007, 09:58 PM
For those who are calling Rush a hypocrite... or talking about his schtick.. etc.

May I suggest you listen to Rush for a couple of weeks first. One thing Rush has NEVER been is a hypocrite. He was addicted to painkillers... and PURPOSEFULLY never talked about drug *******, even though everyone says he did, no one can pull a quote, cause they don't exist.

The same is true in talking about his schtick. People, I have heard Rush say things, then watched it circulate in the media, taken WAYYYYYYYYYYYY out of context.

I don't talk about Al Franken, cause I don't listen to him. I don't beleive what others say about him, because I DONT LISTEN TO HIM.

May I suggest we actually get first hand knowledge before we make judgements...

Could someone tell me why addi*tion is ********?????

Preacher
02-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Could someone tell me why addi*tion is ********?????

Thanks Tony for the PM answer!!!

tony hipchest
02-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks Tony for the PM answer!!!no problem preacher! :cool:

tony hipchest
02-12-2007, 11:51 AM
since i started this thread and since i came across the quote, its only fair to post it, so nothings taken out of context or being paraphrased. thanks to peter king (whos football takes i feel are much more legitimate):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/02/11/jones/4.html

7. I think for any of you -- us -- feeling the least bit of pity for Rush Limbaugh after his silly remarks about black quarterbacks and the media, we can all now rest easy. The guy's a race-aholic. He injects race where it has no business being injected. The latest, you've probably heard, but here it is, from Limbaugh's radio show last Monday:

"And before we go to the break here, folks, I've got to get something off my chest. You know, the game was the game. And the game was what it was. But I - I can't handle any more press criticism of Rex Grossman. They're writing his name W-R-E-C-K-S. They're just ... worst quarterback ever to play in the Super Bowl. And it's been like this since the Green Bay game -- actually since the Arizona game, a little crescendo of it in the Green Bay game, the last game of the season for the Bears. And it's just unrelenting! It's just -- they're focusing on this guy like they don't focus on anybody!

"And I tell you, I know what it is. The media, the sports media, has got social concerns that they are first and foremost interested in, and they're dumping on this guy -- Rex Grossman -- for one reason, folks, and that's because he is a white quarterback.''

Rush, we're dumping on him because, in a five-point game in the fourth quarter, with the Bears in possession of the ball and still with a very good chance to win, he threw two ridiculous passes in the biggest game of his life. Two interceptions. Buried his own team. Had it been McNabb or Brees or Leftwich or Kitna or Daisuke Matsuzaka, we'd have buried them too.

Atlanta Dan
02-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Michael Wilbon sums up my feelings regarding the star of the EIB Network:

Michael Wilbon: Limbaugh is the worst kind of race-bating bigot: one who's smart enough to be very dangerous. His hatred for people different than him is such a sad, sad thing to see and have to put up with.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/02/08/DI2007020801510.html

Stainless Steel
02-12-2007, 04:27 PM
LOL. Auto censors can be funny things.

It isn't ad, add, nor tion. let's try dic and see what happens.

Stainless Steel
02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
No it must be the word addiction that does it.

Stainless Steel
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Nope. I don't know then. Maybe the mods have an eye out for you. lol

Preacher
02-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Michael Wilbon sums up my feelings regarding the star of the EIB Network:

Michael Wilbon: Limbaugh is the worst kind of race-bating bigot: one who's smart enough to be very dangerous. His hatred for people different than him is such a sad, sad thing to see and have to put up with.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/02/08/DI2007020801510.html

Let me say this about Rush Limbaugh. I have listened to him on and off for a number of years. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I think he is way off base.

However, one thing I have absolutely learned about Rush, he is NOT a race bigot. Those who call him that either
1. Use the phrase because they dislike his politics or
2. Haven't spent the time listening to him, and are being intellectually dishonest with his assessments.

For those of you who don't know, Rush's closest friend and workmate.. the infamous "Mr. Snerdley," is gasp... a black man. One of Rush's hero's is a famous economist who is... gasp... black. One of Rush's favorite fill-ins for his show is... gasp... black. So much for being a race bigot. What Rush does do, is point out areas of racism, reverse racism, etc. in the media on his show. Many times he uses satire with great humor and results. Many times, he allows the message to get lost in the method. For that, he is wrong.

And for those of you who are about to jump to the whole "Donovan Mcnabb is black" issue. Check yourselves please. Be honest with what Rush said. He could care less about Donovan Mcnabb, black or white. His issue was the soft racism of the philly press, making McNabb out to be something that he may not be, JUST BECAUSE OF HIS RACE. And before anyone jumps on that, May I point you to the number of articles posted on this forum concerning the reason we now have a black coach. To say that the press doesn't involve race in thier assessment is ludicrous. Just look at the SB.

Taking all of that as background to the comment he made the other day, I want to hear RUSH'S comments. Not what someone else says he said. Furthermore, understanding that Rush uses MUCH satire, etc. I want to hear his tone and delivery. Because that is what I expect ANY THINKING PERSON to do. I would tend to bet that once again, whatever he was trying to say got lost in the method.

And that is wrong.

If anyone has spent the time listening to Rush, assessing what he says, and comes out with the opinion that his is racially insensitive...etc. Good. Thank you for taking the time.

My problem with a number of posts on this thread is that they SEEM (my assumption...) to be knee-jerk reactions. Just like those who are saying Tomlin was hired as our coach because he is black.

Atlanta Dan
02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I do not even know if this thread could go to the Blast Furnace, but since we are now commenting on the attitudes of the posters rather than Rush's comments I will respond here.

Preacher - I respect your posts on football but when it comes to our views on Rush Limbaugh you and I are 180 degrees apart.

So, to use one example, playing the theme from the Jeffersons while doing a riff on welfare is just good clean fun that has nothing to do with stereotyping individuals on the basis of race? The fact that "some of his best friends are black" does not change Rush's MO for his broadcast.

Rush plays to a white male audience (good for him - he is an entertainer, not a political philosopher) and IMHO panders to that audience quite a bit (once again - go for it; he is ratings driven in a ratings driven business).

You may have a different opinion, which I will respect, but spare me the condescension about me being intellectually dishonest. As for viewing Rush through the prism of our political beliefs, I would submit for your consideration that Rush's apologists might excuse a lot of his less defensible actions because he roots, roots, roots for the GOP home team (except of course when he tells us after the GOP's rout last November that he is relieved he no longer has to defend the excesses of the Republican Congress.)

I think Rush is, to use Peter King's term on MMQB this morning, a "race-o-holic." You certainly can disagree with that conclusion without attacking the character or intellectual rigor of those who do not share your views.

I write this as someone who voted for Reagan twice and the incumbent in 2000.

NM

Preacher
02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Preacher - I respect your posts on football but when it comes to our views on Rush Limbaugh you and I are 180 degrees apart.

Not a problem... and thanks for the respect on football!!

to use one example, playing the theme from the Jeffersons while doing a riff on welfare is just good clean fun that has nothing to do with stereotyping individuals on the basis of race? The fact that "some of his best friends are black" does not change Rush's MO for his broadcast.

My point on who his friends and workmates are go to the point that a raging racist (which people would try to paint Rush as) would NEVER be caught dead with friends and workmates who are black. That was my point. Rush's "enemies" are not blacks, but liberals and PC police. Like I said, Many times, the message gets lost in the method. He is guilty of that, and is foolish for not checking himself.

Rush plays to a white male audience (good for him - he is an entertainer, not a political philosopher) and IMHO panders to that audience quite a bit (once again - go for it; he is ratings driven in a ratings driven business).

I have to disagree with you. He doesn't play to a white male audience. He plays to a conservative audience, regardless of race and sex. But yes, he is an entertainer. Absolutely.

You may have a different opinion, which I will respect, but spare me the condescension about me being intellectually dishonest.

What I actually said was, " 2. Haven't spent the time listening to him, and are being intellectually dishonest with his assessments." My point was that I know of many people who takes a second or third hand account of what he says, and then plugs in thier ideas of what he really meant (kinda like the right does with Kerry's and Gore's statements). However, the bigger push about being honest was directed to those who would rather paint with a big brush then look at the specifics of a comment or picture. I have no patience for that... on the left OR the right... (except in discussion of the Bengals... Both the left and right have discovered... The Bengals suck!... wait... wrong thread!)

I would submit for your consideration that Rush's apologists might excuse a lot of his less defensible actions because he roots, roots, roots for the GOP home team (except of course when he tells us after the GOP's rout last November that he is relieved he no longer has to defend the excesses of the Republican Congress.)

No consideration required. that is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. I would that both his supporters AND detractors have just as big of blinders. I don't think racism is one of them. You wanna talk about bad actions and arguments... Rush is a HORRIBLE person in actual logical/honest argumentation. He is almost as bad as Sean Hannity. BOth of them create Straw-man arguments and attack them.
Actually, were Rush really makes his mistake... and gets into trouble, is when he "Uses the absurd to illustrate the point," but we can discuss those in a different thread.

You certainly can disagree with that conclusion without attacking the character or intellectual rigor of those who do not share your views.

In general, there are those for whom my previous post absolutely applies. When I read those who use some of the same phrases, I assumed it to be the same mentality. My frustration comes from a personal place. I am tired of the fact that I have seen many people throw thier life away because it was simply expected of them to do so based on thier race. WHen I hear someone who in my opinion is trying to puncture that mentality, I tend to agree.

Obviously, I also assumed a great deal. I should know better then to do that... I was wrong and apologize. I didn't mean to insult you if I did. I re-read my post... And realized that I made a lot of absolute statements... Which don't belong in this type of discussion. Thanks for tempering your response... I appreciate it.

Atlanta Dan
02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Preacher

Thanks for the nuanced response

:cheers:

Preacher
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Preacher

Thanks for the nuanced response

:cheers:

Okay...

Now your reminded me of my wife... WHen I get a short response to a long comment from her... I KNOW I am in trouble!! :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
02-12-2007, 10:43 PM
post #39 &40

2 excellent posts from 2 great posters. i am more in tune with post #39. dan, being that i started this thread in the nfl forum, you can bet it will find its way to the blast furnace somehow, some way :rolleyes:

i see rush working, and really couldnt care about his political views or target audience. it is all entertainment and what "feeds his family".

but the nfl is bigger than rush and he knows this, infact id say about as many people watched the last superbowl as turned out to cast a vote in the last presidential election (just guessing- anyone feel free to prove me wrong).

i just wish he would leave the nfl out of his political agenda, propoganda err... entertainment. like i said "one step forward, 2 steps back". theres millions of other things the media covers that he can use to prove his "points".

since i typically ignore him since he was busted as a "hillbilly heroin" (oxycontin) addict, i dont really know.... is he this vocal about the media coverage of the mlb, pga, nba, nhl, or nascar? if he is, he should leave sports alone all together and stick to political or worldly issues.

but really, the nfl is making small strides to improve the situation and the progress is visible.

i would still take steve young over michael vick or d. culpepper, but on the flipside i would still take kordell stewart over cade mcnown or ryan leaf.

Preacher
02-13-2007, 09:43 AM
post #39 &40

2 excellent posts from 2 great posters. i am more in tune with post #39. dan, being that i started this thread in the nfl forum, you can bet it will find its way to the blast furnace somehow, some way :rolleyes:

i see rush working, and really couldnt care about his political views or target audience. it is all entertainment and what "feeds his family".

but the nfl is bigger than rush and he knows this, infact id say about as many people watched the last superbowl as turned out to cast a vote in the last presidential election (just guessing- anyone feel free to prove me wrong).

i just wish he would leave the nfl out of his political agenda, propoganda err... entertainment. like i said "one step forward, 2 steps back". theres millions of other things the media covers that he can use to prove his "points".

since i typically ignore him since he was busted as a "hillbilly heroin" (oxycontin) addict, i dont really know.... is he this vocal about the media coverage of the mlb, pga, nba, nhl, or nascar? if he is, he should leave sports alone all together and stick to political or worldly issues.

but really, the nfl is making small strides to improve the situation and the progress is visible.

i would still take steve young over michael vick or d. culpepper, but on the flipside i would still take kordell stewart over cade mcnown or ryan leaf.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

BRINGING KORDELL STEWART INTO THIS CONVERSATION?? IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU!!! :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 09:48 AM
HOW DARE YOU!!!

BRINGING KORDELL STEWART INTO THIS CONVERSATION?? IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU!!! :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:
lol. no need to go "ryan leaf" on me! :toofunny:

Preacher
02-13-2007, 10:09 AM
lol. no need to go "ryan leaf" on me! :toofunny:

Or Dennis Green? Tony is who I thought he was!! Tony is who I thought he was!!! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Or Dennis Green? Tony is who I thought he was!! Tony is who I thought he was!!! :sofunny:"...then crown him!!!"

:king:

Preacher
02-13-2007, 10:18 AM
"...then crown him!!!"

:king:

Well... So much for the seriousness of this thread!! LOL

augustashark
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I do not even know if this thread could go to the Blast Furnace, but since we are now commenting on the attitudes of the posters rather than Rush's comments I will respond here.

So, to use one example, playing the theme from the Jeffersons while doing a riff on welfare is just good clean fun that has nothing to do with stereotyping individuals on the basis of race? The fact that "some of his best friends are black" does not change Rush's MO for his broadcast.

You may have a different opinion, which I will respect, but spare me the condescension about me being intellectually dishonest. As for viewing Rush through the prism of our political beliefs, I would submit for your consideration that Rush's apologists might excuse a lot of his less defensible actions because he roots, roots, roots for the GOP home team (except of course when he tells us after the GOP's rout last November that he is relieved he no longer has to defend the excesses of the Republican Congress.)

I think Rush is, to use Peter King's term on MMQB this morning, a "race-o-holic." You certainly can disagree with that conclusion without attacking the character or intellectual rigor of those who do not share your views.

I write this as someone who voted for Reagan twice and the incumbent in 2000

NM

And that was???

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Clarification - in 2000 I voted for the current holder of the highest political office in the Fruited Plain.

I did not write in Clinton's name for a third term.:smile:

Preacher
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Clarification - in 2000 I voted for the current holder of the highest political office in the Fruited Plain.

I did not write in Clinton's name for a third term.:smile:

I was up ALL NIGHT watching those election returns.

What really burned me was when other nations were making snied comments about it. I heard one american reporter retort... In other countries, there would be tanks in the streets. Here, most people go about their day without really caring on a day to day basis.

I thought that was a rather astute point! It actually made me proud of the American press for once.

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I was up ALL NIGHT watching those election returns.

What really burned me was when other nations were making snied comments about it. I heard one american reporter retort... In other countries, there would be tanks in the streets. Here, most people go about their day without really caring on a day to day basis.

I thought that was a rather astute point! It actually made me proud of the American press for once.

Agreed - forget just the ping-pong of Florida being called for Gore, then being called for Bush, and then finally being called for nobody around 3-4 a.m. EST the next morning.

What was really amazing was how political life simply went on while it all got sorted out in the courts for the next month following the election. Complling evidence as to how stable the political institutions in the U.S. are (at least as long as you are not the current or a former U.S. President on 24).

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Agreed - forget just the ping-pong of Florida being called for Gore, then being called for Bush, and then finally being called for nobody around 3-4 a.m. EST the next morning.

is it me, or did the tomlin-grimm-tomlin ping-pong seem to have more immediate impact???

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
is it me, or did the tomlin-grimm-tomlin ping-pong seem to have more immediate impact???

In one of my ramblings around midnight on Sarturday several weeks ago, right after the Trib-Review had "called" the Steelers HC job for Grimm, following the earlier back and forth between SI and ESPN as to whether Tomlin had been picked, I recall comparing that back and forth to Election Night 2000.

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
In one of my ramblings around midnight on Sarturday several weeks ago, right after the Trib-Review had "called" the Steelers HC job for Grimm, following the earlier back and forth between SI and ESPN as to whether Tomlin had been picked, I recall comparing that back and forth to Election Night 2000.lol

well, lets hope when the tomlin led steelers secure their 1st playoff appearance with him at the helm, he doesnt immediately step on an aircraft carrier and declare a superbowl victory! :sofunny:

Preacher
02-13-2007, 09:03 PM
lol

well, lets hope when the tomlin led steelers secure their 1st playoff appearance with him at the helm, he doesnt immediately step on an aircraft carrier and declare a superbowl victory! :sofunny:

I guess its better then saying he has football experience becausee he coached a little league!! (Yeah, I know, that is quite a obscure referrance. Let's see who actually remembers it and makes the link!)

rhino
02-13-2007, 09:45 PM

Premiere Radio Networks, the syndicator that gave him the richest deal in radio history, an eight-year, $285 million contract through 2009

Preacher
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Premiere Radio Networks, the syndicator that gave him the richest deal in radio history, an eight-year, $285 million contract through 2009

And that doesn't include perks... Speaking engagements, etc.

Elvis
02-14-2007, 06:42 AM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
Good A.M. to everyone
Rush Limbaugh..
'nuf said'
:helmet:

Godfather
02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
<i>Rush, we're dumping on him because, in a five-point game in the fourth quarter, with the Bears in possession of the ball and still with a very good chance to win, he threw two ridiculous passes in the biggest game of his life. Two interceptions. Buried his own team. Had it been McNabb or Brees or Leftwich or Kitna or Daisuke Matsuzaka, we'd have buried them too.</i>

Exactly. Hush Bimbo (anyone get that reference? :smile: ) isn't even telling the truth. McNabb took plenty of guff for "choking" in the Super Bowl--the media claimed he was puking because he couldn't handle the pressure when in fact itwas because of the monster hit Jarvis Green put on him. (Can't remember which Pats fan I heard that from.)

And I hear a lot more media types questioning Tomlin's qualifications than Lane Kiffin's.

yinzer-inseattle
02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Rush gets paid for opening his mouth, not necessarily thinking beforehand. I'm not a fan of his, but I think this is just a cheeky response to his prior comments.

Supporters and detractors have made this guy out to be a much bigger entity than he deserves.