PDA

View Full Version : Momma Blount 100th Birthday!

Stlrs4Life
02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
ALICE SHARPE BLOUNT, MOTHER OF FOUR-TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMP, PITTSBURGH STEELER AND NFL HALL OF FAMER MEL BLOUNT, CELEBRATES 100TH BIRTHDAY

No one enjoyed the excitement of the Super Bowl more than four-time Super Bowl champion, Mel Blount. But this year, the celebration he's looking forward to even more than Super Bowl Sunday, is his mother's birthday. Mrs. Alice Sharpe Blount celebrates her 100th birthday today at her home in Vidalia, Ga., where she's lived for a century. The official commemoration will be held Saturday, February 10, when Ms. Alice will be joined over 200 family members and friends to mark the momentous occasion. Ms. Alice will be recognized again at the 9th Annual Mel Blount Youth Home's All-Star Celebrity Roast fundraiser, scheduled for April 20, 2007 in Pittsburgh, Pa.

"My mother was the inspiration for me to start the Mel Blount Youth Home," said Mr. Blount. "The lessons my mother taught us growing up during the hard times are the foundation of what we teach our children at the Home. The Youth Home is a true testament to the life lessons and the strength of character my mother instilled in all of us," he added. "I'm so blessed she has lived long enough to see me put these lessons into action, and helped me find my true life's work."

God Bless her! Happy Birthday!