PDA

View Full Version : joey porter- NFL's strongest man?

tony hipchest
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
in the pumping iron contest he tied lecharles bentley (center) with 35 reps, and they both lost to larry allen (tackle) who put up 43. porter blew everybody else away, and he must be the lightest person in the competition at 250 lbs. osi umeniora, and shaun rodgers got nothing on porter.

its pretty funny that the only ones stronger (or as strong as him) are oxen linemen.

Fullback&Punter
02-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Is this on TV? what channel

tony hipchest
02-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Is this on TV? what channelnfl network :dang: stupid that it isnt on abc or espn. right now therye doing the best hands comp

Fullback&Punter
02-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I was watching that earlier but I was thinking it was from last year. Because it was being done by ESPN.

I think it is because I remember Rackers vs Grahm in the kicking competition.

polamalufan43
02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I remember that. I think they are doing something with that now....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

momper
02-10-2007, 03:23 PM
they are showing last years skills competition on the nfl network

Joey didn't even make the pro bowl this year

iloveben7
02-10-2007, 03:40 PM
It's last year's competition and today's is on NFL Network tonight at 10PM

Elvis
02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
nfl network :dang: stupid that it isnt on abc or espn. right now therye doing the best hands comp
:dang: :dang: :dang: :banging: :banging: :banging: Guess you forgot that Porter wasnt a Pro Bowler this past season huh?.... Stupid...:toofunny: you are only a year behind HIP!!!:jawdrop: :wave:

touchdownward
02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
:dang: :dang: :dang: :banging: :banging: :banging: Guess you forgot that Porter wasnt a Pro Bowler this past season huh?.... Stupid...:toofunny: you are only a year behind HIP!!!:jawdrop: :wave:
Like me, Tony was probably to busy watching that BABE Suzy Kolber on the sideline to care what year it was. :bouncy:

Elvis
02-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Like me, Tony was probably to busy watching that BABE Suzy Kolber on the sideline to care what year it was. :bouncy:
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
I totaly understand....:sofunny: :smile:

touchdownward
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey, remember at the Alabama/Auburn game several years ago?
Joe Namath to Suzy Kolber "You're sho bootiful, I shust wanna gib ya a kish"
:smile:
Incidently, upon sobering up, an embarrassed Namath checked himself into an alcohol rehab program.

Man, was he ever sloshed.

Elvis
02-10-2007, 06:33 PM
:tt02: A shamed that he embarassed himself like that aint it?:tt02:

Fullback&Punter
02-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I think it is Suzy's fault. The guy was with old team mates having a good time. She should have known he was drunk and never asked him to go on TV. Who does that. If I were a football player I'd never do an interview for her again.

Preacher
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I think it is Suzy's fault. The guy was with old team mates having a good time. She should have known he was drunk and never asked him to go on TV. Who does that. If I were a football player I'd never do an interview for her again.

I gotta disagree. The man got drunk and made a fool of himself. It is his fault, regardless of anything else. It is called personal responsibility.

I also gotta agree that it was classless to put a drunk guy on tv. It is her personal responsibility to say no.

But in the end, I blame him. He was the idiot that got drunk.

touchdownward
02-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Whether he was having a good time with old buddies or not, he still came across as a dirty old man. :old:

Furthermore, I would never blame ANYTHING on that little cutey. :wink02: :hug:

slashsteel
02-10-2007, 09:01 PM
This year I think Larry Allen won it with big Casey coming in second with one rep less I believe.

Steeldude
02-11-2007, 12:39 AM
that benchpress contest is a comical. how many times do they short-arm their reps or bounce off of their chest? the players with the long arms are going to have a more difficult time.

porter is just a benchpress guy. if he would work on his lower body he would probably be better than just an average LB.

SteelShooter
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
That was last years Bro.

Big Casey was leading with 39 until the last one, Larry Allen (again), put up 40 to win for the second year in a row. S'Okay though..........

polamalufan43
02-11-2007, 07:08 AM
That was last years Bro.

Big Casey was leading with 39 until the last one, Larry Allen (again), put up 40 to win for the second year in a row. S'Okay though..........

Oh well, I guess he did good anyway.

tony hipchest
02-11-2007, 11:10 AM
:dang: i saw the replay of casey puttin up 39 and allen w/40 :dang:

and here i was thinking joey was going for 2 runner ups in a row. still impressive what he did last year though. like someone said, he is one of the few who doesnt short arm them or bounce the bar off his chest.

way to represent hampton. maybe a steeler has a shot when allen finally retires.

i still remember people getting an greg lloyds case cause larry shut him down in superbowl XXX :rolleyes: (lloyd was giving up 100+ pounds)

slashsteel
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
he would probably be better than just an average LB.

Many would agree that Porter didn't have the year we would have liked. He was one of the main reasons we went all the way with our SB win. To call him average is a insult to what he has done for us. Saying he had a average year would make sense but anyone who followed his career knows he has never been a average linebacker.

polamalufan43
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Many would agree that Porter didn't have the year we would have liked. He was one of the main reasons we went all the way with our SB win. To call him average is a insult to what he has done for us. Saying he had a average year would make sense but anyone who followed his career knows he has never been a average linebacker.

I agree, although his actions have put him in certain situations, he is a great player.

dunkuntou
02-11-2007, 05:56 PM
"that benchpress contest is a comical. how many times do they short-arm their reps or bounce off of their chest? the players with the long arms are going to have a more difficult time."

But thats a generalization. Guys with long arms always have a harder time with bench presses. Guys who are smaller always do better in the bench press. Plus thier chests aren't exactly made of rubber so its not like you are getting an extra 10 inches off your chest