PDA

View Full Version : afc north 2007

terribletowel67
02-12-2007, 07:02 PM
i know it is very early but was wondering on how all you out there in steeler nation see the afc north shaping up in 2007?

PalmerSteel
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
it will be back to the toughest division in the nfl, imo, with a good chance of 3 teams going to the playoffs.

Newzfoxjr
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't know, but I'd say the Steelers AT LEAST get a wildcard. There's no way they're going to finish last...and I think they're better than the Bengals. The Ravens, that remains to be seen, but I'd say we either win at 11-5 with the Ravens going 10-6, or we get a wildcard.

Preacher
02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I think we will see 3 AFC north teams in the playoffs. What order? Who knows.

That is my honest assessment.

polamalufan43
02-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I think at least two AFC north teams will be in the playoffs, possibly even three.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

MACH1
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I think we need to be able to beat the ratbirds first to get in the playoffs.

polamalufan43
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I think we need to be able to beat the ratbirds first to get in the playoffs.

That I think we can do.

CantStop85
02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
I think there will be 2 AFCN teams in the playoffs and the third place team will be hovering around 8-8 or 7-9.

ChronoCross
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
We had a down season and when you play the way we did of course there will be some doubt but we are better then the Ravens. Ravens will fall to 3rd in the division while we fight with the Bengals for the top. And if you look at all of the schedules of the AFC North minus a game here are there was the toughest schedules in the league with Bengals having the toughest. The division last year had to play some serious games. I still think we take it home but at the worst get a wild card birth, but I am banking on AFC North Champs and a lock for the playoffs. Browns of course will sit at the bottom.

tony hipchest
02-12-2007, 10:35 PM
We had a down season and when you play the way we did of course there will be some doubt but we are better then the Ravens.

of course we are better than the ravens but what are we gonna do to prevent having our asses handed to us twice by them next year and beat them? rely on steve mcnair getting hurt like most people did last season? pray that ray lewis and ed reed both get injured again?

thats grasping at straws. the ravens woulda killed us with kyle boller as their qb last year anyways. we got to find a way to run on them and prevent ben getting sacked 14 times. then we got to be able to stop their offense.

CantStop85
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
At this point the Ravens are the most complete team, but I would say the Steelers and Bengals have higher ceiling potentials.

Preacher
02-13-2007, 02:25 AM
At this point the Ravens are the most complete team, but I would say the Steelers and Bengals have higher ceiling potentials.

I gotta say. When your not in the smack forum...

I actually like your posts.

Preacher
02-13-2007, 02:26 AM
of course we are better than the ravens but what are we gonna do to prevent having our asses handed to us twice by them next year and beat them? rely on steve mcnair getting hurt like most people did last season? pray that ray lewis and ed reed both get injured again?

thats grasping at straws. the ravens woulda killed us with kyle boller as their qb last year anyways. we got to find a way to run on them and prevent ben getting sacked 14 times. then we got to be able to stop their offense.

Tony...

I gotta beleive this was sarcasm.

Sleepless In Seattle
02-13-2007, 02:40 AM
I agree Tony but I just cannot see us getting swept again this year by them. Pretty brutal schedule though and we need to play better on the road. The North is gonna be nasty.

HometownGal
02-13-2007, 08:43 AM
With all of the coaching changes, I am not going to say the Steelers will win the AFCN, though it is possible, but I do see them in the playoffs next season behind the Rats. I don't believe the Bungles are going to improve much over last season's record, so I'm not concerned about them. If we can take both games from the Ratfinks, I think we have a good shot on winning the division. :tt02: :thumbsup:

polamalufan43
02-13-2007, 08:47 AM
With all of the coaching changes, I am not going to say the Steelers will win the AFCN, though it is possible, but I do see them in the playoffs next season behind the Rats. I don't believe the Bungles are going to improve much over last season's record, so I'm not concerned about them. If we can take both games from the Ratfinks, I think we have a good shot on winning the division. :tt02: :thumbsup:

I think we have the potenial this year, but the question is will another coaching change be a big distraction, and will someone step up and be a leader for the team. Honestly, I thin the Ravens will make the playoffs just because they are an all around good team, and it pains be deeply to say it. The Browns, yeah, not even worth me typing this sentence. The Bengals might make it, but I really don't have much of an opinion on them just yet.

Borski
02-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I think we'll have 2 teams from the AFCN make the playoffs in the 10 - 11 win range and the 3rd place just missing the playoff. with 8/8 or 9/7

If we play Steelers football theres no reason we cant win the division. just eliminate turnovers
on offense and recover them on D

Hines86Ward
02-13-2007, 02:48 PM
It's gonna a race between the Steelers, Ravens, & Bengals. There's no reason why the Steelers can't make the playoffs this year. Last season was a wake-up call for these guys, and they'll come out with a chip on their shoulder. With Baltimore playing that 1st place schedule, they might be the team that gets left out in the end. Cincinnati really needs to improve their defense before they have big playoff hopes. And Cleveland is 2-3 years away from being competitive.....

Elvis
02-13-2007, 03:58 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
In my opinion, I think that Tomlin can win a Super Bowl Tittle in his 1st NFL Season as Headcoach of the Steelers! This team is talented enough to do this super bowl run again.. and given that Bigben doesnt have another offseason like the last and with Santonio Holmes stayin' out of trouble and having a full spring to work with Big Ben and Hines and I think that our passing game along with Heath Miller can flourish. Our running attack.. must figure out what kind of style they are gonna show. Power or Finesse.. I think that Parker can and will get the job done, but he needs a breather every now and then. Our Defense should be back to its normal mean side. I think that special teams make a big difference somewhere down the line and the Steelers must address that position(s) Punter especially..
1. Ravens... will be hard to unseat but it can be done
2.Steelers... Less turnovers and a little more physical play against the Ravens things can/will change
3. Bengals.... Give them time and there will be no one left to play for them... JAILTIME ANYONE ELSE?
4. Browns... Crennell just not getting the job done
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Dragon
02-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I think 2 teams will go to the playoffs, which is more difficult to say though.

I think the Steelers will be back, I believe we have the potential to do so

Bengals will be a competitor if Palmer can stay healthy and their players can stay out of jail.
With Ravens its a question whether McNair can stay healthy as well

Elvis
02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I think 2 teams will go to the playoffs, which is more difficult to say though.

I think the Steelers will be back, I believe we have the potential to do so

Bengals will be a competitor if Palmer can stay healthy and their players can stay out of jail.
With Ravens its a question whether McNair can stay healthy as well
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
AGREED!!
:helmet:

CantStop85
02-13-2007, 05:38 PM
The Steelers (at this point) probably have the biggest question marks (excluding the Browns) simply because of Cowher's departure, but also because of Big Ben's struggles and the offensive playcalling. The Steeler's biggest issues are continuity and cohesiveness. They've got the personnel, but with a new head coach and offensive coordinator coming in, could it take a while for the team to adjust? Also, will Big Ben finally be able to revert to his 2005 form?

The Bengals biggest issues are on defense...will Odell return, will Pollack be able to play, will Deltha O'Neal still be with the team...It's obvious the Bengals need a playmaker on defense...Odell could be that person, but will he ever suit up for the Bengals again? Also, there still remains a lot of concern over the team discipline...will the players finally put an end to the legal troubles and could they spill over onto the field?

The Ravens' biggest foes are age and lack of explosiveness. Steve McNair, Derrick Mason, Ray Lewis...none of these guys are getting any younger. You have to wonder when they will finally experience a drop-off. Also, the offense is less than spectacular...Jamal Lewis has eternally lost his early 2000 form and Steve McNair is little more than a game-manager at this point in his career.

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 06:21 PM
The Steelers (at this point) probably have the biggest question marks (excluding the Browns) simply because of Cowher's departure, but also because of Big Ben's struggles and the offensive playcalling. The Steeler's biggest issues are continuity and cohesiveness. They've got the personnel, but with a new head coach and offensive coordinator coming in, could it take a while for the team to adjust? Also, will Big Ben finally be able to revert to his 2005 form?

.actually the steelers had the biggest question marks last season. will cowher retire, and will ben live, let alone play football again. i dont think other teams fans will ever realize this until they get the mid day news that carson palmer, tom brady, or peyton manning is in critical condition and going through 7 hours of surgery with a mangled knee and throwing arm.

the coaching question has been answered
bens health has been answered

tomlin is gonna be a fine head coach. he has already proven he is a good coach, and he works for some of the best owners in football and a team that has already proven they have the talent to win a superbowl.

the ravens have some salary cap issues and age issues, but to their credit, they have an excellent scouting department and have proven they can fill the gaps when needed. thomas may leave, jamal may get cut and ray wants more $$$. every team faces those issues and deals with them. im sure the ravens will too.

the bengals, on the other hand, have to worry about just getting through draft day.
every day lewis and palmer wake up, the 1st thing on their mind is if anyone was arrested. lewis seems to have the brian billick syndrome: defensive "genius" that cant field a defense. then you have an underachieving group of players that have a superbowl hang over without even winning a superbowl. is the trips to hawaii and commercials and interviews enough to keep these guys being hungry? i thought the bengals were a few players away last year of solidifying their defense. that wasnt the case. the defense seems to be happy just to ride the coat tails of the offense. do they even know if they want to run a 4-3 or 3-4 yet?

the browns are playing for bill cowher to be their HC next season.

i do think a fresh face leading the steelers is gonna make it a little more difficult for billick and lewis to gameplan for. both coaches have studied cowher for years. both knew all the trends and tendencies (especially billick). throw those years of accumulated knowledge out the window and start from scratch while gameplanning.

CantStop85
02-14-2007, 09:17 PM
thought the bengals were a few players away last year of solidifying their defense. that wasnt the case. the defense seems to be happy just to ride the coat tails of the offense. do they even know if they want to run a 4-3 or 3-4 yet?

They probably were, but insteading of adding a few players, they lost a few players (Odell, Pollack, etc.). The run defense got better, mostly because of the performance of the D-Line...however the secondary just sucked with Tory James and Deltha O'Neal being the largest culprits.

Marvin Lewis has already stated that the Bengals will stick with a 4-3...which is a good decision because the last thing that defense needs is another major change to adjust to. I would like to see the Bengals pick up a guy like Nate Clements in free agency and add a linebacker like Patrick Willis in the first round (not to mention the returns of Pollack and Thurman).