PDA

View Full Version : Palmer has some satisfaction in Pro Bowl honor

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9988987

:toofunny: has there ever been a bigger schmo?

HONOLULU (Feb. 10, 2007) -- It won't do anything to erase Carson Palmer's disappointment over the Cincinnati Bengals' failure to reach the playoffs after a late-season collapse.

That will likely linger through the offseason and only disappear if the Bengals are able to bounce back with a postseason appearance in 2007.

Still, Palmer couldn't deny feeling at least a small bit of satisfaction from being named Player of the Game after throwing two long touchdown passes to help the AFC to a 31-28 victory over the NFC in the Pro Bowl.

"This is a huge honor and extremely exciting and I feel very blessed just to be here, let alone for the outcome to be this," Palmer said. "But my goal's to be in a Super Bowl. And to win a Super Bowl. That's where my mind's at, and after this week I'm going to start focusing on that again."

Palmer, who took the lion's share of snaps for the AFC, then secured his Player of the Game honors by leading the AFC on the winning drive, which ended with Nate Kaeding's 21-yard field goal as time expired.

"Both great routes, both long-developing plays," Palmer said of his touchdown passes. "You've got to have protection up front. In games like this, protection's always a scary thing just because defenses start to key on snap counts.

"We just had fun," said Johnson, who finished with three receptions for 70 yards. "It's what we do during the season, so it's just a lot of fun to come out here and do it out here at the Pro Bowl."

Johnson is optimistic about the Bengals' future.

"We're going to be fine," he said. "We've been thinking Super Bowl a long time, so it's going to stay like that."

thats pretty sad and sissified that carson is still fearful of protection breakdowns in a game with no blitzing. :rolleyes:

atleast chad recognizes they will continue "thinking" about playing in a super bowl for a long time as other teams actually play in them. somebody should tell him that winning a superbowl > thinking about a superbowl.

MACH1
02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Thinking or Daydreaming about the SB.

HometownGal
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Thinking or Daydreaming about the SB.

Probably a wet dream at that. :chuckle:

winning a Super Bowl > playing in a Super Bowl > thinking about a Super Bowl.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey..in Carsons defense...He is only a Pro-Bowl defense ,a pro-bowl Bowl offensive line, a pro-bowl RB, a Pro-bowl Special team ..and a winning coach away from the realization of that dream...Other than that...his "one-man" performance shows that he is on the right track:dang:

BOXCAR JOEY
02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
i think about the super bowl too just like carson...... at least i'll probably be watching the game from the stands or in my own home unlike mr. carson, who will probably be watching it from the visitors center at the local prison with he rest of his teammates.

fansince'76
02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey..in Carsons defense...He is only a Pro-Bowl defense ,a pro-bowl Bowl offensive line, a pro-bowl RB, a Pro-bowl Special team ..and a winning coach away from the realization of that dream...Other than that...his "one-man" performance shows that he is on the right track:dang:

Yep - also factor in that in the Pro Bowl, the defenses aren't even allowed to blitz, which is a BIG part of any D's gameplan in any other game....

stlrtruck
02-13-2007, 02:17 PM

Let's not forget - he also had Steelers on his Pro Bowl team so he knew they wouldn't be coming after him!

HometownGal
02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Let's not forget - he also had Steelers on his Pro Bowl team so he knew they wouldn't be coming after him!

Yep - that tail between Cartoon's legs got a chance to get out and get some fresh air.