PDA

View Full Version : What other sports interests ya'll?

Elvis
02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Now, What Else Interests You People?
I am big sports fan all the way around.. I am college football fan and I love college basketball as well.. I used to be a big NBA fan (Lakers) and I still like Baseball when it comes to the Dodgers, I also like the Pirates but they are just not in the position to spend
$$$ to keep their talent together and bring in
new talent to help out. I have never really liked Hockey but I would be willing to learn if someone would explain the rules to me I guess. My college basketball team is no other than the Tar-Heels they are the closest thing to the Steelers for my heart in the sports world.
OK.. everyone let me know what you guys/gals are into ..
but keep it clean please...
:helmet:

fansince'76
02-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I enjoy basketball - NCAA hoops moreso than the NBA. Baseball and hockey don't do it for me, unless I can see the game live in person - TV is unkind to both sports, IMHO. Nothing comes close to NFL football as far as my personal sports spectating interest is concerned, so I'm kind of going through withdrawal right now.

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Hockey
College football
Boxing
College basketball

polamalufan43
02-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I watch hockey and baseball every once and a while. Basketball i watch sometimes, really during the NCAA. College football too, USC and Notre Dame are my two favorite teams.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
02-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Hockey
College football
Boxing
College basketball

Same here. I like College basketball duribng the March Madness tournament. And love Penguin Hockey, and Pirates Baseball.

MasterOfPuppets
02-16-2007, 07:22 PM
women jello wrestling !!!!:thumbsup:

Newzfoxjr
02-16-2007, 07:36 PM
The ONLY other sport I watch absolutely anything of is College Football, and that is very little. Usually only the hyped Bowl games.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Anything but Boxing, Tennis, and Racing.(Unless extreme boredom)

MACH1
02-16-2007, 08:52 PM
nothing better than watching an action packed game of golf on tv. :sofunny:

iloveben7
02-16-2007, 09:35 PM
The Steelers have the true place in my heart, but other than them, I love the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Pittsburgh Panthers football/basketball!! I'm not really into hockey, but once in awhile I'll watch a Penguin game!!

Preacher
02-18-2007, 12:05 AM
For playing, I am interested in golf. For watching.. well when i was young, I skied, played hockey, played rugby (in college), played soccer.

Now.. I am just old and fat! LOL

though I love watching the Seattle Mariners.

Borski
02-18-2007, 12:27 AM
I love the Pirates and for the longest time I only watched football and baseball, but now I'm starting to like hockey (its helping that the Penguins are doing amazing right now).

if theres absolutely nothing to do I'll watch some nascar or other form of racing but thats rather boring.

I cant watch golf, soccer (fun to play, boring to watch) or alot of the weird sports on ESPN....although Cupstacking is kinda fun to watch lol

clevestinks
02-19-2007, 07:17 AM
I love sports! I do not like NBA but I enjoy NCAA hoops.

My first love right now is my daughters USA/Junior Olympic Volleyball team. We were at a tournament in Toledo yesterday, Teams form three states, over 40 teams in 4 age groups , what a great time.

And It might seem gay to some. But I enjoy bodybuilding, I dont compete, but I love to workout. ANd I sell and promote/demo for some of the biggest players in the bodybuilding supplement industry. The self discipline of these guys/gals in second to none.

Hines0wnz
02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
College B-ball, especially March Madness, some college football and snowboarding which is something I actually participate in as much as possible. I also watch a little NASCAR and MotoGP, golf for some of the big tourneys, tennis during the majors and the MLB & NBA playoffs.

IESteel
02-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Can't wait for baseball season. I'm a member of Red Sox Nation. Until then, I get to watch the Kings lose and even though I'm not the biggest NBA fan, I do root for the Lakers. I also love college football, go USC. Polamalufan, how can you root for both SC and Notre Dame. Thats like us rooting for the Brownies.

Preacher
02-20-2007, 01:41 AM
I love sports! I do not like NBA but I enjoy NCAA hoops.

My first love right now is my daughters USA/Junior Olympic Volleyball team. We were at a tournament in Toledo yesterday, Teams form three states, over 40 teams in 4 age groups , what a great time.

And It might seem gay to some. But I enjoy bodybuilding, I dont compete, but I love to workout. ANd I sell and promote/demo for some of the biggest players in the bodybuilding supplement industry. The self discipline of these guys/gals in second to none.

Actually, I love watching volleyball, especially women's volleyball and woman's hockey. The reason? Because the men's side of both sports is so fast, that you can't see the fundamentals as well. In woman's volleyball, there is usually more volleying, which shows the fundamentals and strategy. men's V-ball tends to have more kills straight-away.

Hockey is about the same, because it is slower, you can see the play develop more, and watch the fundamentals of stick-handling, passing, etc. It really is exciting when you can see the play set up in the neutral zone. You don't often get that chance in mens hockey to see it because by the time you realize it.. it has already happened.

LarryNJ
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
NFL is tops, NHL second, playoff hockey is great especially if the Pens are involved. The early 90's was a great time. That's about all I watch, I used to be into baseball but it bores me now although I'll go to an occasional game. I follow Aussie Rugby, and watch several games a year but I'm still learning the sport. It's a cool sport with some great fans. I'll also watch figure skating. My daughter has been skating for years so I follow it pretty closely and love to see it live.

SteelShooter
02-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Anything outdoors. I love hunting, camping, hiking, and fishing, as well as Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, and 5-Stand. Done some low-level Trap/Skeet tourneys. Any and all target skills, mostly long-range.

steelerbackr4life
02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Ice hockey any and all. I started skating when I was 7 and havent stopped. Baseball I love the Yankees with the same passion I have for the Stillers!