PDA

View Full Version : dre' bly

CanuckCurtain
02-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Does anybody think he is worth trading for? Who or what would Detroit want in return?

MJ5150
02-14-2007, 10:20 PM
He's a FA after 2007. I don't think the Steelers are ready to lock up a 29 year old CB for another four or five years for the $4 million plus per year Bly will want.

-Mike

CanuckCurtain
02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
yeah I guess your right. I didn't see anything about his wage. Whats the price on townsend?

coachspeak33
02-15-2007, 08:47 AM
I know a lot of folks out there arent happy with our DB play....but I really believe that we will start the 07 season with a similar looking defensive backfield to that of 06 (if for no other reason than our current financial commitment and we just hired a former DB coach in Tomlin):

08 Steelers Defensive backfield
CB - Ike Taylor
CB - B McFadden
S - Troy Polamalu
S - Anthony Smith
NB - D Townsend (he is a strong candidate to either take a pay cut or be a cap casualty)
Depth - Ric Colcough(he too might get the training camp ax), A Madison, Logan, Carter

Draft - the steelers have too much money tied up over the next 3-4 years in their current dbacks to draft one in rounds 1-2 this year... they will probably take a couple in rounds 3-6 to battle for a spot...they would be in competition with Colclough, Madison, Logan, and Carter

tony hipchest
02-15-2007, 10:13 AM
yesterday dre bly was quoted as saying he is not a guy who is needed in a cover-2 defense, that he is a cover corner.

anyone think marinelli would actually recommend a malcontent to tomlin?

DACEB
02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I know a lot of folks out there arent happy with our DB play....but I really believe that we will start the 07 season with a similar looking defensive backfield to that of 06 (if for no other reason than our current financial commitment and we just hired a former DB coach in Tomlin)

Draft - the steelers have too much money tied up over the next 3-4 years in their current dbacks to draft one in rounds 1-2 this year... they will probably take a couple in rounds 3-6 to battle for a spot...they would be in competition with Colclough, Madison, Logan, and Carter

Well thought out coachspeak. I hope we can keep Townsend at a lower price and I would really like to see Colclough come back. Colclough I thought had a ton of potential and he wouldn't be returning any punts thats for sure. Does anyone know the status of that neck injury?

coachspeak33
02-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Hopefully he is fully recovered by camp....Depth at DB is vital....ask Bellichick about the last two seasons in his defensive backfield

SteelerFanInCA
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I believe this guy is only 5 "9". If we did go after a corner I would hope he came with a little more size.

I know CB size may be overrated at times but I can remember quite a few plays last year where our CB's were getting out jumped in the end zone.

Plus he alreadys sounds like he has the wrong attitude for the job. This team is built upon team players.

SteelersTilIDie
02-17-2007, 06:33 PM
i think they should. He is a quality corner with four-six years left on his contract. I say trade for him, but it depends what.

SteelersTilIDie
02-17-2007, 06:35 PM
my mistake, i meant 4-6 years left in his career, not on his contract

polamalufan43
02-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I believe this guy is only 5 "9". If we did go after a corner I would hope he came with a little more size.

I know CB size may be overrated at times but I can remember quite a few plays last year where our CB's were getting out jumped in the end zone.

Plus he alreadys sounds like he has the wrong attitude for the job. This team is built upon team players.

Hmmm... I might agree on you with that. I honestly don't know that much about that guy, and so I don't really think I should judge him just yet. But I agree that alot of the time our corners were getting out-jumped, and if the guy isn't going to be able to work together with everyone else because of his 'tude, then I might feel uneasy with him on the team.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: