PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis

CrazySteelerFan
02-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Ive been hearing rumors of Baltimore letting Lewis go.

Do you think he would be a good compliment to FWP if we could get him for a decent price?

I dont think he has it in him to be a feature back, but i think he could be a good 3rd down back. I like haynes and davenport but it would be nice to have a back thats more proven as RB

Preacher
02-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Oh Heck no.

I don't want mr. murder on my team

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Oh Heck no.

I don't want mr. murder on my team

That's Ray Lewis. Jamal Lewis is Mr. Coca Plant. :wink02:

HometownGal
02-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Most definitely NO. Besides, the Bungles will make a mad dash for him, as he'd fit more in line with their criminal element style. :chuckle: I also don't think he'd come all that cheap and I'd rather stay with the guys we have or draft a power back than to bring that problem child here.

steelin games
02-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Jamal "FELONY" Lewis is washed up and we do not need to go after someone who is fast approaching the end of his career.

Stlrs4Life
02-17-2007, 09:32 AM
No way. He would come with too big of price tag to play behind WP. Let him audition for the Bungles or Shitstains, he'd fit right in.

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd much rather see what Kuhn can do than bring in Lewis.

Livinginthe past
02-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Has a running back ever been mentioned more for doing less than Kuhn?

Pre-season is no real indicator for performance in the regular season, otherwise Patrick Cobbs (38 carries 188 yards 4.9 ave) would have stuck in Pittsburgh.

Jamal Lewis isn't going to be back up anywhere, not this year anyway.

NM

Hines86Ward
02-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I would never want to see Jamal Lewis is a Steelers uniform. And anyways, we'd be paying too much for a washed-up, 2nd string RB....

WV-SteelerFan
02-17-2007, 11:03 AM
...Jamal Lewis isn't going to be back up anywhere, not this year anyway...

Agreed...He may (now) only have the skills to be a back up, but he'd wanna be "Da Man". I'm betting that his pride wouldn't LET him be a back up, not to mention (as others have alluded to) he'd probably want "starter's" money,

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I still want to see what Kuhn can do. One game. Just let me see him in one game.

fansince'76
02-17-2007, 11:36 AM
So he can come to the 'Burgh and dog it like he's done for the last several years in Baltimore in hopes of scoring another big contract which will never be offered as his best days are obviously behind him? Never mind the fact that he's a coke dealer. No thanks.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-17-2007, 11:46 AM
No thanks,we aren't trying to be the Bengals or the Ravens.

Let the cocaine dealer go somewhere else,I don't want him in The Burgh ruining the good city.

DACEB
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I would much rather draft Hunt than bring in an older player for more money.

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Why do we need a washed up running back?

yinzer-inseattle
02-17-2007, 07:17 PM
If we're gonna flush money down the toilet why not do it with class. Let's go after Priest Holmes.:thumbsup:

Preacher
02-17-2007, 07:52 PM
If we're gonna flush money down the toilet why not do it with class. Let's go after Priest Holmes.:thumbsup:

I agree.

SteelShooter
02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Two Words............................................. ........Hell No!

CrazySteelerFan
02-17-2007, 10:24 PM
looks like i opened a bad can of worms....ill humbly admit that i should have thought this one through a little better....i apologize for my lack of judgement

SteelShooter
02-17-2007, 10:46 PM
no need for apologies Bro. You asked our opinions, we gave them. It's all good......

Preacher
02-17-2007, 11:12 PM
looks like i opened a bad can of worms....ill humbly admit that i should have thought this one through a little better....i apologize for my lack of judgement

Hey... No reason to apologize.

It was a question. thats all. Now if you asked if we would want to pick up Chad Johnson.... Well... we would have to petition to ban you!!!

(P.S. There is no such thing as a petition to ban!)

CrazySteelerFan
02-17-2007, 11:21 PM
i showed a lack of judgement for lewis....but if i had suggested chad johnson, just take my brains out and turn me into a bungles fan. lol

NV STEELERS 723
02-18-2007, 12:24 AM
The draft will help us... no to JL...no way !

SteelermanBirth2Death
02-18-2007, 09:03 AM
I agree with Napalm. Kuhn is every bit as big as Bettis is. Lets see what he can do. We do need someone that can drive the ball up the middle, not dance around at the line. Willie is quick, i will give him that, but he needs a hole to go up the middle. We have three big backs, lets put one of them to work.

CrazySteelerFan
02-18-2007, 10:25 AM
so THAT'S why they call you 'CRAZYSTEELERFAN' !! LMAO!!! :flap: :tt02:

It's all good, no apology required!

:sofunny: that and the fact that i used to live outside baltimore for 12 yrs.....worst time in my life..:banging:

Dylan
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I would never want this guy on a team like ours

:tt02:

SteelerFanInATL
02-19-2007, 06:56 AM
The thought of aquiring J. Lewis has never entered the Steelers mind. This would never happen because of his background. I like the idea, but it would NEVER EVER happen.

Infamix
02-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Jamal is going to ask for big money, and the Steelers aren't giving it. But contrary to what everyone else says, I think Jamal will be a solid back this year. He will get fired up on a new team and run mad.

Elvis
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
If Lewis would take the league minimum for the veterans of his
years in the league, then I would say yes.. He would have to be the batterin' ram in shortyardage situations but I think that he would
do fine in those situations. The man still shows power and the willingness to run inside. And besides, what more motivation would
anyone ask for than for him to come to a big division rival and win a Super Bowl Again?
:helmet:

aussiesteelers
02-22-2007, 01:57 AM
it's simple, we won't get jamaal lewis for veterans minimum. If we're going to spend money to compliment Willie Parker, might as well do it through the draft. Just leave him for the lawless bengals.

paw-n-maul-u
02-22-2007, 02:45 AM
Some people on here are crazy ... Kuhn??? 2 carry savior of the steelers. get a grip people. Stories like willie parker are few and far between. Now, jamal lewis is 3 years removed from one of the most prolific seasons ever ... hes still only 27, and i think he could definitly provide some team an excellent change of pace and short yardage back. I think he has worn out his welcome in b-more, not to mention the b-more offensive line is nothing to be desired outside of ogden.. now, on that note, I still don't want him just because he would be way too expensive.

I'm not really sure who I want to complement parker, but it sure isn't dookie, and definitly not kuhn.

I really hope the steelers ditch a few picks in the lower rounds to move up and maybe acquire another second or third round pick. maybe a J-peezy draft day trade? there is so much talent on defense in the first few rounds, but the running backs that the steelers are most likely targeting, (bigger bodies like marshawn lynch,michael bush,tony hunt,brian leonard), are all going to be gone in the first three rounds. Also I wouldnt mind if we grabbed another receiver in round2 ... big ben loved having plax because of his size and this draft is absolutely loaded with tall receivers that are physical and can play the deep ball pretty well. sidney rice, bowe, robert meachem (sp?) from tennessee, dallas baker, craig davis.

coachspeak33
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Default Re: Jamal Lewis
I'd much rather see what Kuhn can do than bring in Lewis.

What is it about John Kuhn.....why does anybody on here think he has any chancec whatsoever of making ANY kind of impact within the steelers running game?

Crazt talk i tell ya....simply CRAZY

coachspeak33
02-22-2007, 09:36 AM
sorry but i messed up my cut and paste....someone one here said no to Jamal Lewis because we have John Kuhn???

NickersonsBadThings
02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
The Ravens were so stupid for giving him that money last year and cutting a guy like Chester Taylor loose. Taylor averaged a full yard per carry more than Lewis did in Taylor's last season there despite playing behind the same line!