PDA

View Full Version : Making of a MOD.

augustashark
02-17-2007, 02:54 PM
With all the Mod talk the last couple of months, I was just wondering what you think makes a mod a good mod? Did'nt want to put this in the BF, but I thought I would cut out the middle man.

IMO, I think being able to understand the difference of satire and being serious is a big key to being a good mod.

What do you think?

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 03:30 PM
A good MOD needs to be able to wield the "ban hammer". On my forums if you go over the line, I slam the ban hammer down. Also... The forum member does not get to make the line. The MOD makes the line.

Preacher
02-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh my...

I have a feeling this thread is going to turn ugly

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
A good MOD is consistent in the punishments handed out. Order has to be maintained for forums to thrive.

polamalufan43
02-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Oh my...

Well, so far everything is fine, so let's keep it that way.
A Mod is someone who won't be bias about people, for example, what team they cheer for or their views.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl
02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh Lord.......:dang:

X-Terminator
02-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh my...

Yep, and quickly at that.

Countdown to flame war in 5...4...3...2...1...

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 04:41 PM
There's no reason to flame this thread. It's just comments on what we think it takes to be a good MOD. I've posted on a lot of forums over the years. I've seen some really well run forums and others that I left after just a few posts.

The quality of the forums begins with the owner and the MODS.

X-Terminator
02-17-2007, 05:02 PM
There's no reason to flame this thread. It's just comments on what we think it takes to be a good MOD. I've posted on a lot of forums over the years. I've seen some really well run forums and others that I left after just a few posts.

The quality of the forums begins with the owner and the MODS.

Correct...however you know that the MOD issue has been a hot-button topic, so you should expect the worst and hope for the best.

BTW, I am an Admin myself on another board, so I have an idea on what it takes to be a good one. One of the biggest things is that you cannot play favorites nor hold personal grudges - whether they are long-time members, friends or mortal enemies, the rules must apply to them the same as everyone else. I have had to infract/ban long-time members on my board because they simply would not follow the rules or would deliberately break them. No one person is above the integrity of the board or it's admins/mods.

MACH1
02-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Yep, and quickly at that.

Countdown to flame war in 5...4...3...2...1...

Countdown to thread locked in 5...4...3...2...1.....

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Correct...however you know that the MOD issue has been a hot-button topic, so you should expect the worst and hope for the best.

BTW, I am an Admin myself on another board, so I have an idea on what it takes to be a good one. One of the biggest things is that you cannot play favorites nor hold personal grudges - whether they are long-time members, friends or mortal enemies, the rules must apply to them the same as everyone else. I have had to infract/ban long-time members on my board because they simply would not follow the rules or would deliberately break them. No one person is above the integrity of the board or it's admins/mods.

Very well said. I too have had to ban clan members from our online gaming board because they chose to ignore the forum rules. It's not fun or easy but I did it without hesitation.

Preacher
02-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Personally,

I think the best way for the forum to be and stay great is by the members themselves to be careful of how they post.

HometownGal
02-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Being fair, unbiased and having the best interests of the board and its overall "health" in mind - - always. As a Mod, you also have to be able to compromise at times and make decisions with good common sense, not allowing your emotions get in the way of making a sound (and fair) call. :thumbsup: A Mod also has to have pretty thick skin as sometimes, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Stillers#1
02-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't even get me started......I don't wanna hurt any kids feelings.

SteelShooter
02-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Being fair, unbiased and having the best interests of the board and its overall "health" in mind - - always. As a Mod, you also have to be able to compromise at times and make decisions with good common sense, not allowing your emotions get in the way of making a sound (and fair) call. :thumbsup: A Mod also has to have pretty thick skin as sometimes, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Awwww HTG, you KNOW you're too sweet to be damned. :flap:

But yes, just as a supervisor in any other situation, a cool head and thick skin are the best tools you can have in your tool pouch. :checkit:

PisnNapalm
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
What do you say folks...? This horse dead yet?

tony hipchest
02-17-2007, 08:47 PM
What do you say folks...? This horse dead yet?the horse is just being born! :chuckle:

:yeehaw:

what i really think is...

THREAD CLOSED

lol. i definitely agree with the fair and unbalanced stuff. rules should be enforced for all members one in the same. a mod should not show flagrant bias and put their duty behind personal agendas. a mod must be willing to sacrifice some of the fun of visiting a message board they may have previously enjoyed and know how to hold their tongue, while still blending with the internet community like a chameleon. a mod that can go unnoticed, yet still can get the job done is a good mod.

with a business approach, mods should cultivate conversation and always try to generate activity and hits. without ruling with a cyber gavel behind a hypothetical bench a mod should be able to remain a regular "average joe" member as long as the job and duties dont get forgotten.

while generating traffic is not a mods job (that usually falls on the admin and members themselves) it is a plus. their duties should never divert traffic. if a member is a good member and they can remain and stay true to themselves they will be a fine mod.

finally a mod should constantly run a board as if it were their own but always remember that it isnt. a board isnt set up for the amin themselves, but for the members.

Mosca
02-17-2007, 09:17 PM
A mod should know the difference between a momentary pique and a truly disruptive poster. Momentary piques can be handled by an edited post and a PM'd reminder, saving the harsher penalties for the chronic disruptors and habitually abusive posters.

It hurts to see regular people get severe penalties for minor infractions.

Tom

Suitanim
02-18-2007, 06:26 PM
All I ask is that mods don't get personal, and don't gig me for PM's (which only construe a personal attack if you are a mod and want to ban someone) or general statements that aren't specifically tailored to fit but are wrongly interpreted as such.

Too much to ask so far, I guess...

Stillers#1
02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Mods should be able to vote

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
All I ask is that mods don't get personal, and don't gig me for PM's (which only construe a personal attack if you are a mod and want to ban someone) or general statements that aren't specifically tailored to fit but are wrongly interpreted as such.

Too much to ask so far, I guess...you got a pm infraction too huh? how does anyone know we arent saying "great job" and getting infracted for it? it definitely leaves alot open to interpretation considering... nobody knows if the pm's violated any rules.

i have some pm's saved that would make most peoples heads spin. ive never asked for anyone to be infracted or banned because of them though. whats private should be kept private.

Suitanim
02-18-2007, 07:01 PM
you got a pm infraction too huh? how does anyone know we arent saying "great job" and getting infracted for it? it definitely leaves alot open to interpretation considering... nobody knows if the pm's violated any rules.

i have some pm's saved that would make most peoples heads spin. ive never asked for anyone to be infracted or banned because of them though. whats private should be kept private.

We should just have blind faith that our mods, regardless of what team they cheer for, or, even better, regardless of any past history we may have with them, will always be completely unbiased and will always just have our best interests at heart. I mean, Hell, look at me...I went thousands of posts with nary an infraction, but, completely by coincidence, when LITP became a mod, my ratio of 2000 posts/0 infractions changed to 10 posts/5 infractions.

If anything, I'm sure I should be gigged for bringing this up.

clevestinks
02-19-2007, 07:22 AM

Being fair and consistent! And trying to make your board the best! Whether or not you agree with the post. Do not take anything personal! Also with a Blast Furnace, I think things get "R" rated at times. So with that in mind, I would have to make every Mod an adult, NO EXCEPTIONS! 786 is a smart kid, but if he were my kid I would wnat to know exactly what was going on, and to say that this is just a Steelers sight, is a lie. It goes way beyond the Steelers.

I take my hat off to HometownGal! She is in the Dictionary next to the word MOD. look it up!

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't even get me started......I don't wanna hurt any kids feelings.

Your probably best keeping it that way.

HometownGal
02-19-2007, 10:01 AM

Too much to ask so far, I guess...

Suit - PMs are part of the board and are subject to the same regs as the open board. Like Tony, I've been forwarded a couple of PMs that would pop your eyes out of your head. :jawdrop: This is an internet BB - if someone dislikes a person behind a computer screen that they've never met so much that they feel the need to harass, name call and do everything they can do to get under their skin, and then carry the harassment and name-calling to PMs, I'd say they desperately need to talk to someone and fast. :screwy:

The COC was still very much in place before LITP, SCM and I became Mods. We do what Mike asks of us and enforce it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Suitanim

Suit - PMs are part of the board and are subject to the same regs as the open board. Like Tony, I've been forwarded a couple of PMs that would pop your eyes out of your head. :jawdrop: This is an internet BB - if someone dislikes a person behind a computer screen that they've never met so much that they feel the need to harass, name call and do everything they can do to get under their skin, and then carry the harassment and name-calling to PMs, I'd say they desperately need to talk to someone and fast. :screwy:

The COC was still very much in place before LITP, SCM and I became Mods. We do what Mike asks of us and enforce it.

Let me just add a little legal aspect to what HTG is talking about....There is a serious potential liability problem with a board that allows harrassment to go unchecked....Orders of protection are specifically initiated when a person feels justifiably threatened, intimidated or harrassed by a second party..(It does NOT have to be physical). Orders of protection now carry a caveat that states that contact cannot be made by e-mail, computer. or other internet means. This was put in place specifically to stop harrassment of any sort....
I say this because the courts now see no difference between me calling a person and cussing them out or harrassing them by phone...and my contacting them through a forum or message board. SteelersFever could be held liable if they knew of ANY FORM of harrassment whether it be posted or pm'd..and did not try and put a stop to it.
I know this may seem silly to most of us who feel we are "adults" and should be able to "freely express" ourselves..and that we can take care of things by hashing it out....but look at it from Mikes point of view and you would probably place the bar much short of allowing things to get to a point of possible liability and litigation.
Thats a long winded way of saying...Mike doesnt want to get sued... so we need to act like we have some common sense.:wink02:

Livinginthe past
02-19-2007, 10:56 AM

Agreed.

The aim of this board is to have friendly, civil debates/conversations about football - mainly Pittsburgh Steeler football.

Why some people feel the need to pursue ridiculous personal vendetta's through the medium of the open board and PM's is beyond me.

If anyone is in any doubt about who is the aggressor in 99% of these situations its easy enough to see who is consistently calling out who on the board.

I have gone out of my way recently to avoid contact with posters who I have a non-productive relationship with - unfortunately that effort isn't reciprocated.

Some people just enjoy conflict and will go out of their way to ensure they get some, which is pretty sad.

As HTG says, anyone exhibiting this type of behaviour needs to re-evaluate their reasoning for being here and what they are trying to get out of this message board.

NM

clevestinks
02-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Too much to ask so far, I guess.

Let me just add a little legal aspect to what HTG is talking about....There is a serious potential liability problem with a board that allows harrassment to go unchecked....Orders of protection are specifically initiated when a person feels justifiably threatened, intimidated or harrassed by a second party..(It does NOT have to be physical). Orders of protection now carry a caveat that states that contact cannot be made by e-mail, computer. or other internet means. This was put in place specifically to stop harrassment of any sort....
I say this because the courts now see no difference between me calling a person and cussing them out or harrassing them by phone...and my contacting them through a forum or message board. SteelersFever could be held liable if they knew of ANY FORM of harrassment whether it be posted or pm'd..and did not try and put a stop to it.
I know this may seem silly to most of us who feel we are "adults" and should be able to "freely express" ourselves..and that we can take care of things by hashing it out....but look at it from Mikes point of view and you would probably place the bar much short of allowing things to get to a point of possible liability and litigation.
Thats a long winded way of saying...Mike doesnt want to get sued... so we need to act like we have some common sense.:wink02:

I agree, and well said also! But with that said, some of the stuff that you do find in the BF shouldnt be intended for youths, why does this forum have a fifteen year old mod?? I have no personal problems or conflicts with 786, I`ve said before he seems inteligent, probably mature for his age. But he is still just a kid, if there could be legal consequences then why have a child mod?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Agreed.
As HTG says, anyone exhibiting this type of behaviour needs to re-evaluate their reasoning for being here and what they are trying to get out of this message board.
NM

I initially came here to prove metaphysically.... That I am the eggman.

Though the help of the mods and some dear friends...I now know myself to be the Walrus...............I would like to thank you all. :eyecrazy::screwy: :willy: :screwy: :eyecrazy:

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I initially came here to prove metaphysically.... That I am the eggman.

Though the help of the mods and some dear friends...I now know myself to be the Walrus...............I would like to thank you all. :eyecrazy::screwy: :willy: :screwy: :eyecrazy:"coo coo ka choo"

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2007, 12:49 PM
"coo coo ka choo"

..and Tony is Rocky Racoon.

polamalufan43
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
HUH????

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
HUH????

LOL...Tony can explain when he gets back..he went to his room to find Gideons Bible.

(NOW THIS is a Hijack!!!)

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
LOL...Tony can explain when he gets back..he went to his room to find Gideons Bible.:sofunny: no, no, i was in the sky with lucy. it just took a while to come down. :dang:

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN! WERE TAKING THIS THREAD TO PALESTINE!"

polamalufan43
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
:sofunny: no, no, i was in the sky with lucy. it just took a while to come down. :dang:

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN! WERE TAKING THIS THREAD TO PALESTINE!"

Tony... why???

P.S. The last time I posted this was about Mods... and when I came back you guys are going to Palenstine. Well, tell them I say praise Allah... i think.

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Tony... why???

P.S. The last time I posted this was about Mods... and when I came back you guys are going to Palenstine. Well, tell them I say praise Allah... i think. you havent heard of the infamous rap duo of Poopie-Pie-Master & Dawg-E-Doo??? we were just freestylin our own spin on the beatles and hijacking a thread at the same time. its quite fun. if im gonna get an infraction i might as well have fun doing it. in other words im just sitting on a cornflake waiting for the van to come.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2007, 02:36 PM
you havent heard of the infamous rap duo of Poopie-Pie-Master & Dawg-E-Doo??? we were just freestylin our own spin on the beatles and hijacking a thread at the same time. its quite fun. if im gonna get an infraction i might as well have fun doing it. in other words im just sitting on a cornflake waiting for the van to come.

LOL...If Poopie-Pie-Master has to rap "Beatles" songs....the level of his "soul-defeciency" should be painfully obvious!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Tony... why???

P.S. The last time I posted this was about Mods... and when I came back you guys are going to Palenstine. Well, tell them I say praise Allah... i think.

:toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
LOL...If Poopie-Pie-Master has to rap "Beatles" songs....the level of his "soul-defeciency" should be painfully obvious!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

:toofunny:

hey, youve heard of the grey album right? that mix of the white album and jay-z's black album. its not too far fetched but a bit helter skelter.

floodcitygirl
02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Tony....just stay away from magil, lil, and nancy and you should be ok. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Tony....just stay away from magil, lil, and nancy and you should be ok. :thumbsup:no worries there. lucy in the sky with diamonds is my new love :hypno: :yummy: :crazy01: :lost: :stickout: :thud: :nervous: :excited: :peace: :hypno:

:angel: :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
no worries there. lucy in the sky with diamonds is my new love :hypno: :yummy: :crazy01: :lost: :stickout: :thud: :nervous: :excited: :peace: :hypno:

:angel: :sofunny:Look out for those kaliedoscope eyes!!!!! :crazy01:

polamalufan43
02-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Look out for those kaliedoscope eyes!!!!! :crazy01:

They swirl and swirl... pretty... uhhhhhhhhhhhh:thud:

~Poalmalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
:toofunny:

hey, youve heard of the grey album right? that mix of the white album and jay-z's black album. its not too far fetched but a bit helter skelter.

I think the two of you have been hittin' the glue a little hard these days, eh? :wink02: Well at least I know Barbaro's remains have been put to good use. (OMG - did I just say that?) :jawdrop:

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I think the two of you have been hittin' the glue a little hard these days, eh? :wink02: Well at least I know Barbaro's remains have been put to good use. (OMG - did I just say that?) :jawdrop:

VIVA LA BARBARO!

:yeehaw:

Suitanim
02-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Agreed.

Why some people feel the need to pursue ridiculous personal vendetta's through the medium of the open board and PM's is beyond me.

NM

Oh my...I'm having trouble reading this through the irony.

"Personal vendetta"? Holy mother of God in heaven, if anyone has a personal vendetta, it's you. You stalk me like Mark David Chapman, slapping infractions on me any time I say "boo". Hypocrisy is one thing, but, dude, c'mon, let's be real. For you to gig me for what I type to you in complete confidence is off-the-charts crazy, not to mention arbitrary and unfair.

The fact that this board has devolved to the point where being honest and exercising free speech is frowned upon is very, very disturbing. It's too bad that the board has become so over-moderated and homogenized that any dissenting view is quickly quashed and the perpetrator is penalized for not following along like a good sheeple.

Livinginthe past
02-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh my...I'm having trouble reading this through the irony.

"Personal vendetta"? Holy mother of God in heaven, if anyone has a personal vendetta, it's you. You stalk me like Mark David Chapman, slapping infractions on me any time I say "boo". Hypocrisy is one thing, but, dude, c'mon, let's be real. For you to gig me for what I type to you in complete confidence is off-the-charts crazy, not to mention arbitrary and unfair.

The fact that this board has devolved to the point where being honest and exercising free speech is frowned upon is very, very disturbing. It's too bad that the board has become so over-moderated and homogenized that any dissenting view is quickly quashed and the perpetrator is penalized for not following along like a good sheeple.

Lets get a few things straight - again.

I want nothing to do with you, that does not directly come under my duties as mod.

You have been strongly advised by someone we both regard highly to back down from this ridiculous behaviour.

You are barely able to make a post in the regular forum without my screen name making an appearance - can it really only be you who thinks that I am the one stalking you?

I have never 'gigged' (by that I presume you mean infracted) you for anything you have put in a PM to me - any of the other mods can see your record (and im pretty sure you can too) - you have 4 infractions - all of them violations were for personally abusive posts made to me in the public forum.

I hope that last statement has sunk in, as I say, these are facts verifiable by any of the mods.

I really dont have to get into a debate about the various qualities of this board with you - you were told, and others like you, that if you found it so unpalatable you should just move on.

Thats not an order or even a request - its a simple common sense suggestion.

I have said to you many times, I find your anger regarding my presence on this board bemusing and irrational - yet you come looking for me everytime you post.

Do yourself a favor and take the advice, do something with your time that you enjoy instead of torturing yourself with this futile exercise in masochism.

NM

Preacher
02-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Um..

Let's get back to Tony and LLT's issues! That is much more interesting!!

X-Terminator
02-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Hate to say I told you so, but...

Preacher
02-20-2007, 02:03 AM
Hate to say I told you so, but...

Hate to say I said it first, but... :sofunny::sofunny:

X-Terminator
02-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Actually, that was in reference to my post to PisnNapalm about flaming the thread...but that's my fault for not actually quoting his post :dang:

Still though, who didn't see this coming?

ARKIESTEEL
02-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I for the most part stay out of the fights that happen on this board, I also think our mods do a good job. With that said it does seems strange to me that a Pats fan is a mod on a Steeler board, now I am not saying our Pat fan mod is doing a bad job, but I am not saying I am real sure he should be a mod either(not judgeing by action or abilaty just by the fact that it is a Steeler MB and not a pats one). I think our mods do a fine job keeping us riff raff in check when we need to be put that why. I also think maybe the balst furnace should be left a little more open for shots fired or be closed all together. I dont think fans of other teams should ever be pitty patted with kiddy gloves over a long term fan that is part of this board (not me I have only been here a short while).

I dont mean any of this as insults or stabs just my thoughts which I dont have very often.

I love this board look at it ever day as a place to find news on the Steelers that I might not find elsewhere. I also like to post and talk to other Steeler fans. I dont like Bengal fans or others coming here starting trouble then getting held up for cause on their MB you get banned with much hast for little or nothing:banging:

SF for Steeler fans is what I say:hug: :thumbsup:

or maybe its the drugs talking (bad headache today):tt02: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :tt02:

tony hipchest
02-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Um..

Let's get back to Tony and LLT's issues! That is much more interesting!!glad to know our issues are a hit! :jammin:

word!

Stillers#1
02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
word!

Hey don't be stealing my shit! Word! belongs to this Tony

HometownGal
02-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Arkie, my sweet - I have to take exception to a statement from your post above:

I dont think fans of other teams should ever be pitty patted with kiddy gloves over a long term fan that is part of this board (not me I have only been here a short while).

As I've stated many times before, our board COC was long in effect before LITP, SCM and I became Mods. Long-time members surely were aware of the rules and regs here - the COC has been in effect for almost TWO years. Trust me when I tell you (as could several Steelers and non-Steelers fans :wink02: ) - as far as I'm concerned, no one gets special treatment around here no matter how long they've been a member of this board, who they know or which team they pledge themselves to. We were asked to do a job and we do it -it's as simple as that. We have a lot of great people here, many of whom have been members almost since the inception of this board, and quite honestly - I believe they should hold up the standards as to why this board was created and lead by example, which the majority of them do. :thumbsup:

polamalufan43
02-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Arkie, my sweet - I have to take exception to a statement from your post above:

As I've stated many times before, our board COC was long in effect before LITP, SCM and I became Mods. Long-time members surely were aware of the rules and regs here - the COC has been in effect for almost TWO years. Trust me when I tell you (as could several Steelers and non-Steelers fans :wink02: ) - as far as I'm concerned, no one gets special treatment around here no matter how long they've been a member of this board, who they know or which team they pledge themselves to. We were asked to do a job and we do it -it's as simple as that. We have a lot of great people here, many of whom have been members almost since the inception of this board, and quite honestly - I believe they should hold up the standards as to why this board was created and lead by example, which the majority of them do. :thumbsup:

I agree. I'll use LITP as an example. If you look back, his posts and ideas were treated just like any other fans would, with the exception of the 10+ threads that questioned him being a Mod. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you love football and show that you can be responsible enough to be a mod, then that person should be considered.

ARKIESTEEL
02-20-2007, 03:14 PM
HTG I guess I what I was trying to say was dureing the whole rep point deal with the little guy from the land of the kitty cats folks all came together and loved him all up with rep points cause he cried a little. Some folks that have been here a great deal of time took exception to that and I dont blame them. I didnt so much mean the mods and how they dealt with folks does that make better sense?

ARKIESTEEL
02-20-2007, 03:19 PM
I agree. I'll use LITP as an example. If you look back, his posts and ideas were treated just like any other fans would, with the exception of the 10+ threads that questioned him being a Mod. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you love football and show that you can be responsible enough to be a mod, then that person should be considered.

I disagree with this; If this was a football MB and not a Steeler MB board then I would say you are right. I dont question LITP love of football or his fairness of the way he deals with folks all I said was I think Steeler fans should be mods on Steeler boards nothing about the guy as a person.

I will say no more about this and if you look back to 90% of my posts I dont fight argue or cause trouble with anybody. But if as a member of the board if I dont have a right to speak my mind then I will spend my time elsewhere not a threat just is how it is.

To LITP I hope you are big enough to see the point I am trying to make this is not a me and you thing it is more of an idea of how I think things should be.:cheers:

Stillers#1
02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
As one of LITP's biggest promoters, even I have to say I was wrong about him being a mod. It has nothing to do with him not being a good person, it's the fact that he is a Patriot fan, plain and simple. It has disrupted the board, and with him being one of the biggest smack talkers here, it's a conflict of interest.

I almost always stand up for LITP, but his time as a mod has been pretty rough for this board, it has more to do with Steelers fans being unable to accept a non-Steelers mod than anything else, but it might not hurt for him to step down and become a regualr member again.

Preacher
02-21-2007, 12:08 AM
As one of LITP's biggest promoters, even I have to say I was wrong about him being a mod. It has nothing to do with him not being a good person, it's the fact that he is a Patriot fan, plain and simple. It has disrupted the board, and with him being one of the biggest smack talkers here, it's a conflict of interest.

I almost always stand up for LITP, but his time as a mod has been pretty rough for this board, it has more to do with Steelers fans being unable to accept a non-Steelers mod than anything else, but it might not hurt for him to step down and become a regualr member again.

Wow...

Livinginthe past
02-21-2007, 01:12 AM
I disagree with this; If this was a football MB and not a Steeler MB board then I would say you are right. I dont question LITP love of football or his fairness of the way he deals with folks all I said was I think Steeler fans should be mods on Steeler boards nothing about the guy as a person.

I will say no more about this and if you look back to 90% of my posts I dont fight argue or cause trouble with anybody. But if as a member of the board if I dont have a right to speak my mind then I will spend my time elsewhere not a threat just is how it is.

To LITP I hope you are big enough to see the point I am trying to make this is not a me and you thing it is more of an idea of how I think things should be.:cheers:

Hey Arkie,

There are a number of people who feel the same as you on this issue, so I definitely realise it isn't a personal issue.

I think its also fair to say that the people who have the most reason to become vocal are those who disagree with any given situation - those in favor of it have less reason to voice their opinion frequently.

The thing is, not everybody has reasons as non-personal as you for raising this issue over and over again - the people who most vocal are the people who I didn't particularly get along with when I was a regular member.

Anyway, I get where you are coming from - people debate plenty of issues on this board they have no real control over - this just another one of them.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-21-2007, 01:21 AM

I appreciate your honesty as usual Stillers#1.

I agree that me being not being a Steelers fan has its own set of issues, and some people have been unable to come to terms with it.

As far as me being one of the biggest smack talkers - I dont think thats particularly true - there was a small period right after the Patriots/Colts game where a little was given back but I can't say i've been one to initiate any smack talk - even though the Steelers had a poor season by their standards.

Out of all the anti-Patriots stuff on this site, I have responded to about 10% of it.

If I thought the majority of people were unhappy with the job I was doing as mod, I would step down - no problem.

As I said in the previous post, the impression of disharmony on the site is due to the fact that people who want a change are typically the most vocal - thats a fact.

And not all of them are as honest as you and Arkie - they are quite happy to openly lie about the alleged misuse of my mod 'powers' - you know better I am sure - and to give in to them would be a poor precedent to set.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
02-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Hey Arkie,

There are a number of people who feel the same as you on this issue, so I definitely realise it isn't a personal issue.

I think its also fair to say that the people who have the most reason to become vocal are those who disagree with any given situation - those in favor of it have less reason to voice their opinion frequently.

The thing is, not everybody has reasons as non-personal as you for raising this issue over and over again - the people who most vocal are the people who I didn't particularly get along with when I was a regular member.

Anyway, I get where you are coming from - people debate plenty of issues on this board they have no real control over - this just another one of them.

NM

First off thanks for seeing past this as an attack like I said its just my thoughts. I do have to respond to your last sentence as to the fact if the folks here have no control, I do take some if not alot of issue with this due to the fact that alot of money comes from the folks that "have no real control". I am not saying we fund this whole board but when money has been called for money has been given now I dont regret one dime of the money I have gave but I also dont want my thoughts on how things should be dismissed. This and all MB are nothing without the folks who post on them daily.

I dont think you was trying to take a stab at me or anybody else with that statement so other than what I said I will say no more on it other than this I would choose my words a little more careful least we (the folks who have no real control) become unhappy.

Recall the "Mob" be a fickle bunch

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 08:57 AM
And not all of them are as honest as you and Arkie - they are quite happy to openly lie about the alleged misuse of my mod 'powers' - you know better I am sure - and to give in to them would be a poor precedent to set.

NMwho is this "they" who openly lie? thats a gross misrepresentation especially when it was YOU caught in a lie about your mod duties. you remember, where you denied to the bitter end of ever handing out an infraction to me before you knew i can see who hands out every infraction i get? that thread was quickly locked to never resurface again.

see the "8-8" thread in the blast furnace before you keep on with this need to call people liars.

Its very simple - the facts are out there.

I have never infracted Tony Hipchest - anyone who says I did is lying.

:smile:

you may not be implying me in this particular thread but we have ran this course in the past. remember the "17 rushes" thread, how i was supposedly lying about you calling FWP a flash in the pan?:

anyways, a mod should not be self serving and put themselves and their interests before the boards. a mod should know the subtle differences of saying "dont quit your day job", and repeatedly calling someone a "troll" and which one of those is a personal attack.

to me, conduct supercedes individual fandom, although the principle of being a fan of the teams board one moderates should be very high criteria.

augustashark
02-21-2007, 10:05 AM
This silly thread still going?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I may not have ambitions to be a mod..but my political run as "god-emperor" is still in full force....and remember.... a vote for me is a vote for Fiscal conservatism and clothing optional Fridays

MACH1
02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
If I thought the majority of people were unhappy with the job I was doing as mod, I would step down - no problem.

people debate plenty of issues on this board they have no real control over - this just another one of them.

Here's an idea----- Let the people who have no real control speak and put it up to a vote.

SteelersFever
02-21-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree, and well said also! But with that said, some of the stuff that you do find in the BF shouldnt be intended for youths, why does this forum have a fifteen year old mod?? I have no personal problems or conflicts with 786, I`ve said before he seems inteligent, probably mature for his age. But he is still just a kid, if there could be legal consequences then why have a child mod?

There are no legal consequences of having a 15 year old as a Moderator or a member of Steelers Fever. As a web site operator I am complying 100% with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

SteelersFever
02-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I want to view everyones unbiased opinion on the Moderators' duties. Please use my layout below. This is just to see what the average feeling is. Please don't discuss any personal feelings.

Steelers Fever Moderator Ratings :smile:

HometownGal - Excellent, Good, Mediocre, Bad, Horrible
SteelCityMan786 - Excellent, Good, Mediocre, Bad, Horrible
Livinginthe_past - Excellent, Good, Mediocre, Bad, Horrible

Can I do a better job Moderating? - Yes/No

Am I helping the Moderators? Yes/No

Do I create problems for the Moderators? Yes/No

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Yes/No

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
There are no legal consequences of having a 15 year old as a Moderator or a member of Steelers Fever. As a web site operator I am complying 100% with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

I should have been more specific Mike..The legal ramifications that I was talking about simply applied to on-line harrassment and not to age limit in any regard,.....if I caused any confusion it was not intentional.

Mosca
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I want to view everyones unbiased opinion on the Moderators' duties. Please use my layout below. This is just to see what the average feeling is. Please don't discuss any personal feelings.

Rating the mods = not a fair question.

I've never run across a problem where I've been "gigged". Most of the topics that have been discussed as contentious (regarding mods breaking rules or applying favoritism) I missed, other than the Bengal Brian fracas that led to the changing of the rep points. Which happened with other mods.

Can I do a better job? Probably not.
Am I helping? I don't think I SHOULD help. No one likes a tattletale, and they have eyes and can read. They don't need my help.
Do I create problems? No mods have complained to me, no one whom I've been at odds with have complained to me.
Do I follow the rules? I think so, like I said no one has complained. Some may not like me, but that's OK. I follow the rules.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2007, 12:39 PM

Wow..Honesty time

HTG-Excellent (Good combo of wit and firmness)
SCM786-Excellent (Age has never been an issue that I cans see personally)
LITP-Good...(Sometimes gets drawn into the anti-Steeler banter)

Can I do a better job at Moderating...NOPE!...I would get pissed to quick!
Am I helping the Moderators...Yes & No...I try and calm down some situations with humor..and get too emotional about other issues (like Veteran affairs)
Do I create problems for the Moderators...see above answer
Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever...Yes..and hope that I am considered a valued member.

ARKIESTEEL
02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Steelers Fever Moderator Ratings

HometownGal - Excellent,
SteelCityMan786 - Excellent,
Livinginthe_past - Good, Same as LLT said

Can I do a better job Moderating? - nope dont have time

Am I helping the Moderators? Not that I know of

Do I create problems for the Moderators? yes more than likely cant think of anything for sure. Better ask them on this one

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? I have followed ever rule that I have read... I also would hope that my presents here makes others happy and that I add something to the group

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2007, 12:58 PM

HometownGal - Excellent,
SteelCityMan786 - Excellent,
Livinginthe_past - Good, Same as LLT said

Can I do a better job Moderating? - nope dont have time

Am I helping the Moderators? Not that I know of

Do I create problems for the Moderators? yes more than likely cant think of anything for sure. Better ask them on this one

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? I have followed ever rule that I have read... I also would hope that my presents here makes others happy and that I add something to the group

Of course you add to the group...you are the mind behind the camo jersey idea that is going to make me rich!!!:tt02: :tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Of course you add to the group...you are the mind behind the camo jersey idea that is going to make me rich!!!:tt02: :tt02:

Please add an us to the rich part

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Please add an us to the rich part

My bad...did I say YOUR idea....who are you again?:flap:

Hines0wnz
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
As a Mod on a band's website, I would find it difficult to be a Mod of said site if I was not a fan of said band. I have no personal grudges or problems with LITP being a member of this forum. But I would expect that the first and foremost criteria for being a Moderator on this site is to be a Steeler fan. It is common sense to me and not some sort of personal vendetta against anyone in particular. However, what's done is done and I have enjoyed my time being a member on here. Just wanted to voice my tiny opinion since I have a little insight to the whole moderator thing.

Preacher
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Yes/No Wow... this has sure turned into a put up or shut up thread!! Have to say... Good job!!

Okay. HTG.. Excellent
SCM... Excellent
LITP... Hmmm. This is tough. I have had many good posts with LITP. I am a little bothered with a mod having a screename that is a bit of smack within the name itself. There are times I have questioned a move or a post. However, for the most part he has also added to this board quite a bit. Was on the spot with the sticky's when we were tracking the Steelers chances of making the playoffs, etc. So I think I have to break this answer up a bit.
In general, mod duties with other posters... Good.
Always being a mod, keeping mod duties in mind first... Mediocre
Contributing to the board in other ways... Excellent, the best of the three...

Those balance out to a Good in my book. (I wonder how much of the "Smack" That we think he is handing out is really more a difference of English vs. American communication? Just wondering).

Better job? Naaa... they have done a great job as a whole
Am I helping? Of course not! I take every opportunity to mess with HTG!!! :sofunny: (I hope I help...)

Do I create problems for the mods? I don't think so.. least I try not to.

Do I follow the the rules? I think I do!

SteelersFever
02-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I should have been more specific Mike..The legal ramifications that I was talking about simply applied to on-line harrassment and not to age limit in any regard,.....if I caused any confusion it was not intentional.

No, I was quoting CleveStink's post.

MACH1
02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
HTG...Excellent
SCM...Between excellent and good.-To quick on the the trigger sometimes. imo
LITP...Mediocre

Better job...Don't have the time
Helping...try not to stir the pot up to much :stirthepot:
Do I create problems.... not yet that I know of.
Do I follow the rules...try to

Big D
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I had to think long and hard about whether or not I wanted to express my opinions. I think hometown is a model mod. She is fair and honest. While I think steelcity is a good kid I think that a board this size shouldnt have a teen mod. I think a moderator should have alot of maturity and experience. As far as litp goes.. I think he has really hurt this board since comming on here. Alot of good posters have left or dont post as much because of his position. I also think he is unfair and picks and chooses when to enforce the rules of the board. Do I follow the rules? probably not as much as I should. Do I think I would be a good mod. Yes I do.

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Can I stay fair and unbiased? Probably not...but I think that makes my opinion maybe a little more poignant, not less.

HometownGal - Excellent- No question about it.
SteelCityMan786 - Lack of data means I must recuse myself. He became mod after I stopped posting.
Livinginthe_past - WTF do you think I'm going to say? If he wasn't a Pats fan, I'd still rate him as horrible, and I'll tell you why. NEVER put your most abrasive posters as mods, and LITP has always been abrasive. It's the same reason I could never be a mod on an MB. I consider part of my role to be a provocateur...it helps keep the board interesting, creates a little controversy, sometimes creates a little buzz, etc, etc. LITP has always been an agent provocateur, ergo, he's a horrible candidate for mod. The fact that he's a Pats fan only exacerbates the problem.

Can I do a better job Moderating? - Absolutely not.

Am I helping the Moderators? No, but only because it's forced solidarity on their part. Put it this way...would the mods jobs be easier if LITP was stripped and a better candidate was "promoted"? Yes. I'm all about getting a better candidate in, so tactically I'm a liability, but strategically, what I'm about is better for the board and the mods.

Do I create problems for the Moderators? See above

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Depends. The old rules? Yes. The new way-over-the-top Utopian impossible MB rules that would only work if the board was populated by nuns and saints? No. Example: Tony was reprimanded for calling someone obnoxious. What alternate universe are we living in where calling someone obnoxious equates to a personal attack?

A giant part of this equation is that the board is being drastically overmoderated, which makes the mods jobs next to impossible.

Want to fix the problem? Dump LITP, relax the rules a little bit, and I think you'll see the a vastly improved dynamic, and you might even attract back some of the disgruntled posters that were alienated by the original changes.

As for me, I'm trapped in a vicious cycle...I hop on the MB, and within a few posts I'm staring the hypocrisy and duplicity of LITP right in the face, and I can't help but call attention to it, which, of course, since I'm the target of his witch hunt, leads to him dinging me, which is of course the first thing I see when I get back on again, and I have to remind him that if I say "BOO!" he dings me, which leads to him stretching the definition of personal attack yet again and dinging me for....

Ah, Hell, you get the picture.

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I have never 'gigged' (by that I presume you mean infracted) you for anything you have put in a PM to me - any of the other mods can see your record (and im pretty sure you can too) - you have 4 infractions - all of them violations were for personally abusive posts made to me in the public forum.

I hope that last statement has sunk in, as I say, these are facts verifiable by any of the mods.

NM

Liar. Here's a screen shot of your gig for "PRIVATE"
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1260/untitledbi9.th.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledbi9.jpg)

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, this is what was "technically" posted up in my PM's as the reason for my gig. LITP is clever, and he certainly did cite a public forum post...problem is, that posts didn't really attack anyone, unless being called a lapdog is worse that admitting that on this board, if I'm not in the cabal, I'm a mere serf...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9783/bs1cl8.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bs1cl8.jpg)

Stillers#1
02-21-2007, 04:21 PM

HometownGal - Excellent
SteelCityMan786 - Bad, on top of that...due to new rules we now have a mod who cant' enter a forum.
Livinginthe_past - Mediocre

Can I do a better job Moderating? - I don't know, I have never been a Mod

Am I helping the Moderators? no

Do I create problems for the Moderators? no

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Yes

Mosca
02-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, this is what was "technically" posted up in my PM's as the reason for my gig. LITP is clever, and he certainly did cite a public forum post...problem is, that posts didn't really attack anyone, unless being called a lapdog is worse that admitting that on this board, if I'm not in the cabal, I'm a mere serf...

I would have gigged you on that post for using conflicting fonts.

JK.

Tom

Stillers#1
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd gig u both for using the word gig.

Big D
02-21-2007, 04:32 PM
you know how i know that you are gay?

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Then you would be gigging LITP, since it was his message to me...

Mosca
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey, I used it because he did! It must be some weird Brit slang.

Stillers#1
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
you know how i know that you are gay?

You have a bumper sticker that says "I love men!"

Big D
02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
You have a bumper sticker that says "I love men!"

thats gay?

Stillers#1
02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
thats gay?

Strictly in a non-plutonic way.

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by SteelersFever

HometownGal - Excellent,
SteelCityMan786 - Good,
Livinginthe_past - Bad, (although organizing a mock draft was good and hes put up several good stickies and participates in our games)

Can I do a better job Moderating? - if i putt the effort towards it? Not better than HTG, BRC, 83-steelers, probably as good as scm, prosdo (no offense guys- and gal you do great) and better than all the others.

Am I helping the Moderators? Yes- on a few occasions (i lean on suits and moscas answers here though). i dont nark, but i try to contribute, id like to think i provide the board with plenty of humor and laughter. i ceased the multiple personal attacks against bengalbrian when the flame was on high, once 83-steelers-43 politely asked me to, via PM, but i sure miss the "places bengalbrian has been banned from" threads! :chuckle:

Do I create problems for the Moderators? No- not the mods plural. from what i understand only one mod has ever had problems with me.

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Yes (but again i defer to suits answer). i still dont quite understand them, when calling someone obnoxious or a puke is against the rules, yet calling somebody a crybaby or a jester is OK. :huh:

to try and prevent getting drawn into these little "cyber-battles" i even went the route of reporting PM's that were especially personal, threatening, and abusive, but was pretty much told i deserved it.

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 06:03 PM

HometownGal - Excellent,
SteelCityMan786 - Good,
Livinginthe_past - Bad, (although organizing a mock draft was good and hes put up several good stickies and participates in our games)

Can I do a better job Moderating? - if i putt the effort towards it? Not better than HTG, BRC, 83-steelers, probably as good as scm, prosdo (no offense guys- and gal you do great) and better than all the others.

Am I helping the Moderators? Yes- on a few occasions (i lean on suits and moscas answers here though). i dont nark, but i try to contribute, id like to think i provide the board with plenty of humor and laughter. i ceased the multiple personal attacks against bengalbrian when the flame was on high, once 83-steelers-43 politely asked me to, via PM, but i sure miss the "places bengalbrian has been banned from" threads! :chuckle:

Do I create problems for the Moderators? No- not the mods plural. from what i understand only one mod has ever had problems with me.

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Yes (but again i defer to suits answer). i still dont quite understand them, when calling someone obnoxious or a puke is against the rules, yet calling somebody a crybaby or a jester is OK. :huh:

to try and prevent getting drawn into these little "cyber-battles" i even went the route of reporting PM's that were especially personal, threatening, and abusive, but was pretty much told i deserved it.

Tony, trust me, you'd make a lousy mod. But I say that in the best and most congenial way (Since we both suffer the same "disease"). Some people make good mods, and some don't, and it was meant to be that way. You are a better poster than mod...but the same reasons that make you a great poster are the same reasons that make LITP a lousy mod.

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Tony, trust me, you'd make a lousy mod. But I say that in the best and most congenial way (Since we both suffer the same "disease"). Some people make good mods, and some don't, and it was meant to be that way. You are a better poster than mod...but the same reasons that make you a great poster are the same reasons that make LITP a lousy mod.:chuckle: yeah, youre right. i have too much fun cuttin up and being a regular poster (getting into debates) which is the only reason i never threw my hat in the ring to be a mod despite numerous requests from other fellow posters to do so.

however, if a position is ever created to make sure no love making goes on in the blast furnace, i think i'd be perfect for that job. :thumbsup:

Hawk Believer
02-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Tony Hipchest - Official Chastity Mod

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM

Is that a personal attack?

I think you should be docked 3 posts and whipped with a wet SD card!

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 06:35 PM
:sofunny: i think that was a subtle attempt to gain my favor. NO NICETIES IN THE BF!!! :hug:

:chuckle:

SteelCzar76
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM

HometownGal - Excellent
She's honest,... yet not biased. Firm but yet fair. She's also very intelligent yet 'down to earth' with a great sense of humor. You would also be hard pressed to find another woman that knows more about the game. (Trust me)

SteelCityMan786- Very Good
Very astute and mature considering his age or should i say 'life experience'. Also does a good job in regards to being 'just'. In the past,...could have been a little more proactive in terms of 'reeling in' the clown 'internet tough guys',.....but this is understandable considering his 'real life' duty regarding 'building' for his future.

LITP- good (could be excellent)
Intelligent, witty and loves the game. (not just simply Pats football) For the most part
is reasonable. However at times has allowed his personal feelings to interfere with and or cloud his judgment in regards as to how to conduct himself in such a propossed position of "authority". Considering the fact that he is a Pats supporter on a Steeler message board and should expect a certain degree of 'disdain' (for lack of better words) from some if not many.

Can i do a better job moderating ? N/A not my style

Am i helping the moderators ? I think that would be a question better posed for them. LOL

Do i create problems for the Mods ? Refer to previous answer.

Do i follow the rules of Steelersfever ? For the most part. I'm not without fault,.....but at the same time,....i'm not a pathetic 'internet tough guy' with a 'Napoleon complex'. :sofunny: :sofunny:

Bottom line,.....IMO the Mods here perform their duties well. But you can't please everyone all the time. But then again,....when it comes to buisness such thoughts should never become a primary concern.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2007, 07:11 PM

Your right boss. I checked the ruling on that and it's anyone under 13 is considered a child under the online privacy protection act.

Hawk Believer
02-21-2007, 07:16 PM
:sofunny: i think that was a subtle attempt to gain my favor. NO NICETIES IN THE BF!!! :hug:

:chuckle:

Maybe it was a test.....

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Maybe it was a test.....

"aso grasshoppa!"

Stlrs4Life
02-21-2007, 08:29 PM

HometownGal - Excellent
SteelCityMan786 - Good
Livinginthe_past - Good, would be better if he was a Steelers fan.

Can I do a better job Moderating? - No

Am I helping the Moderators? I'm not hurting them

Do I create problems for the Moderators? No

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Yes

floodcitygirl
02-21-2007, 08:29 PM

I think that it's difficult to answer these questions in the format that they are posed. It seems to me that there are many functions of a mod that happen behind the scenes and probably constitute a good portion of the work. Such as: getting rid of spammers, combining and moving threads, monitoring threads, handling issues behind the scenes so they don't become an issue on the open board. I have no way to assess those things. I'll give my opinion based only on what I can see from the open board which is only how they interact with posters publicly and contribute to the board.

HTG...Excellent. Nothing I can add.

SCM...Mediocre to Good. As has been said SCM is obviously intelligent and mature beyond his years. I know you asked for no personal expressions so excuse me but personally, I like him and have enjoyed my interactions on the board with him. He seems like a terriffic young man. I think he is a valued and respected poster and an asset to the board.

I have seen a lack of response toward him by posters which I feel may be do to his age. Obviously there have been very vocal opponents to his being a mod which are definately based on his age. At times, I have felt myself with very maternal instincts that have made me want to "knock the noggins" of some of the critics who have come at him with overly sarcastic and spiteful comments. (I do have a son about a year younger.) However, I have considered the wisdom of putting a child....even a great one....in a position of authority over adults and have concerns with it.

LITP...Mediocre. Obviously enjoys football and has made some great contributions as a poster. However, the conflict and drama that have come to the board as a result of having a non-Steeler fan mod, and one with the reputation of enjoying smack talk to it's outer limits, and with the history of doing so with posters on this board, has not been an asset. At times, since becoming a mod has appeared contentious (which was acceptable as a poster) but has caused concern about fairness as a mod.

Moderating...In some ways yes. Others no.
Helping...I try...at least with spammers.
Problems...Not so far as I know.
Follow rules...So far as I know.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't have any problems with any of the mods. I think they all do a good job.

I can't do the job better and I know that.

Helping-I havn't been posting on here that much to help lately

Problems-yes I have caused problems in the past

Yes I have broke the rules in the past

X-Terminator
02-21-2007, 11:48 PM

HTG - Excellent. She's everything a moderator should be - very fair but tough when need be, does not get caught up in all of the drama nor create drama herself, and plays no favorites whatsoever. Her experience in dealing with the day-to-day rigors of a message board is an invaluable asset. Plus, you'd be hard-pressed to find a woman who eats, sleeps and drinks football the way that she does. Her knowledge and and insight into the game is on par and in many instances surpasses many on this board.

SCM - Good, for a kid his age. IMO, he's mature beyond his years. He deserves credit for holding down the fort while other moderators were appointed.

LITP - Too bad there's no "OK" option, so I'll go with mediocre. I was against his appointment from the beginning, because I knew it would end up creating problems and drama since he's a Pats fan first and foremost, and apparently because he has a rather sordid history with several members of the board that would almost surely cause a conflict of interest. He has blurred the line between mod and regular member at times, particularly in terms of smack talk and his dealings with those members he has a history with, but overall, I can't say he's done a bad job.

Can I do a better job moderating? - I think I could do a good job given my own experience as an Administrator and having served with HTG. I'd certainly have no problem taking out the trash, so to speak.

Am I helping the moderators? As much as I can or am asked to, particularly with the technical aspects of the board since I am very familiar with the software.

Do I create problems for the moderators? I sure as hell try not to. They have more than enough to deal with as it is.

Do I follow the rules of Steelers Fever? Of course. Do you think I want infractions or a ban? I think not. The only thing that would get me in "trouble" would be my brutal honesty. Can't help who I am.

polamalufan43
02-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Well, I can hoenstly say I dont really have a problem with any of the Mods either. From Mods that I have had to deal with on other fourms, they are a dream for me, lol.

Hines0wnz
02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1260/untitledbi9.th.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledbi9.jpg)

Epitome of 0wn463.

Preacher
03-03-2007, 09:25 PM

You know... That actually worries me.

Suitanim
03-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Do you think I've been making all this up?

There's been a problem on this board for awhile, but I think it's worth fixing. It was my mistake to ignore it and cop out and leave in the first place due to just a few ignorant asshats.

Preacher
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM

There's been a problem on this board for awhile, but I think it's worth fixing. It was my mistake to ignore it and cop out and leave in the first place due to just a few ignorant asshats.

Nope. Just didn't pay attention to it. that's all. But I happen to really read through it.

AvoidLlyod
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Don't sweat it.

Others' stupidity will make even the best want to get the hell out of a situation...