PDA

View Full Version : DAYTONA 500- "boogity, boogity, boogity!!!"

tony hipchest
02-17-2007, 10:24 PM
anyone gonna watch? any casual fans gonna check it out? i gotta say nothing is more genius than having the superbowl of auto racing on the week after the official ending of the nfl season.

its great to have NASCAR back in the hands of ESPN. its back to getting the type of coverage and exposure it has earned. i look forward to more post race interviews and highlights shoved down the throats of all those who hate nascar but like their sports coverage via "sportscenter".

CrazySteelerFan
02-17-2007, 11:39 PM
im going to have to record it....gotta work....waaaaaaaaaaa

Fire Haley
02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank gawd for Tivo....I gotta let it wind up so's I can watch the Pens too....

woo-hoo!

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Thank gawd for Tivo....I gotta let it wind up so's I can watch the Pens too....

woo-hoo!its a good sports day, especially if youre into the nba all star game too. anyways, i think its a foregone conclusion that a chevy is gonna win today. theres power in numbers and it seems they have a monopoly on the restrictor plates. i would really like to see the dodge teams of evernham and penske team up with roush to put an end to the chevy dominance. thats a little too much to ask for though.

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
way to drive on the apron idiot stewart! i cant wait to hear him get out of the car and blast other drivers for costing him a win.

of course kurt bush takes all the blame. undeservedly though. wait till he sees the replay.

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Someone's not a Stewart fan....... :yawn:stewart and jimmie johnson cause the days 2 biggest wrecks. whats new and go figure. no car control.

Suitanim
02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, in that last one, Kenseth hit McMurray...

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty exciting finish.with kurt, newman and jr. out how can anyone not root for mark martin!

(i have a feeling hes gonna get rail roaded, but theres always hope):thumbsup:

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I hope Mark hangs on during this next restart. I'd like to see him finally win one.
It definitely is going to be a nail biter for him.anyone but "rat fink jr." kyle freaking busch (even though i have him in my fantasy league)

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 07:17 PM
definitely a great finish lloydfan. sucks for mark martin but good to see harvick and childress win. (odd to say harvick has as many daytona 500 wins as dale sr. though)

Suitanim
02-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I always liked Happy...he says it like it is, and turns some people off, but I like the genuineness...Go Harvick!

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that really was a great finish! Too bad for Mark! He really seemed to take it in stride in his interview. He's gotta be sick inside.

I might just have to start watching a little more Nascar. (I'm sure the wife will love to hear that!) :dang:good luck with that, but its a great methadone for the end of the football season.

suit i always liked harvick too. i was really hoping penske would be able to land him instead of busch. childress is a smart man though and definitely made the right move not letting him get away. of coure if stewart knew how to drive we may only be looking at harvick with a top 5 finish. regardless he has proven he can drive the wheels off the car and is great in front of the camera.

good win for nascar

interresting to see theres caution flag controversy brewing. i feel bad for martin, but hes such a great sport, he will always be a champ in my eyes.

Fire Haley
02-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!I FREAKIN' hate restrictor plate racing!!!

Suitanim
02-18-2007, 07:38 PM
good luck with that, but its a great methadone for the end of the football season.

suit i always liked harvick too. i was really hoping penske would be able to land him instead of busch. childress is a smart man though and definitely made the right move not letting him get away. of coure if stewart knew how to drive we may only be looking at harvick with a top 5 finish. regardless he has proven he can drive the wheels off the car and is great in front of the camera.

good win for nascar

interresting to see theres caution flag controversy brewing. i feel bad for martin, but hes such a great sport, he will always be a champ in my eyes.

Martin will run the next 5 500's...he'll always have a ride. Harvick has a bumb rap...he's a good driver and a really good guy...

Fire Haley
02-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Daytona is nothing but bad luck for us....let's get on to California.

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Harvick has a bumb rap...he's a good driver and a really good guy...
sometimes its the simplest (or most complex) things that will make you appreciate those in the limelight.

to see harvick break down in victory lane last year, less than a week after the death of his father in law, while his wife was able to stoicly stand beside him as a pillar, told me alot about the man.

the "nascar drivers 360" clip of him putting thousands of boucy balls in the cab of delanas dads truck, as a practical joke was great. harvick is definitely a good guy. hes fun, and all those insiders who cover the sport absolutely love him. sure he might have caught a bad rap for his WWE move against biffle several years back, but i enjoyed it.

so strange to see the goodwrench chevrolet sporting pennzoil colors and sponsorship though.