PDA

View Full Version : NFL analyst Michael Irvin no longer with ESPN

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2007, 09:43 AM
There is a God....:smile:

NFL analyst Michael Irvin no longer with ESPN
ESPN.com news services

ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2769871

Mosca
02-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Doesn't TO need a professional sycophant on his payroll?

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
How much will we miss this gentleman who gave us such memories as...

Irvin said he tries to bring fans inside the world of the locker room. But he admitted he "crossed the line" when he joked some slave "brother" must have had relations with one of Romo's maternal ancestors. "Certainly, in this case I crossed the line," he said. "I need to learn how to better draw the line between bringing people into the locker room and the boundaries I should not go past as a broadcaster."

Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after Plano police officers searched his vehicle during a traffic stop.
Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehab center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.

SteelShooter
02-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Doesn't TO need a professional sycophant on his payroll?

Tom

:sofunny: :dang: :sofunny: :dang: LMAO! You hit that nail RIGHT on the head! :dang: :sofunny: :dang: :sofunny:

NV STEELERS 723
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
..I watched the NFL ESPN show most Sundays, and I just never remember hearing Irvin trash the STEELERS ....in fact he used to talk alot about how awesome their Defense is...

Good Luck to Mr. Irvin.

polamalufan43
02-18-2007, 03:40 PM
..I watched the NFL ESPN show most Sundays, and I just never remember hearing Irvin trash the STEELERS ....in fact he used to talk alot about how awesome their Defense is...

Good Luck to Mr. Irvin.

I wish him luck as well

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Suitanim
02-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow...it only took 3+ suspicious police confrontations, and 3 more confirmed crack/hooker/hotel room arrests.

I wouldn't hire that POS to flip burgers at a McDonald's, let alone let him speak for my network on national television.

Stillers43
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm going to miss him. I hated him when he played for the Cowgirls, but I think he was good at ESPN. I liked when him and Ditka would go face to face. He did always talk good about the Steelers too. I wish him the best.

Preacher
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I wonder what the real story behind the move is.

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I wonder what the real story behind the move is.i think was to make room for either marty or parcells (being that parcells gets the job almost immediately, i think this was all it was about- just a better person for the job)

anyways, irvin probably got tiresome to all the others on the set with his constant homer pimping of owens and tha U.

PisnNapalm
02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I just might start to watch ESPN pre game shows again.

HometownGal
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
The only thing that I'll miss about Michael Irvin on ESPN is his sharp attire. He's a darned snazzy dresser. :thumbsup: I guess there's more than just chump change in crack dealing.

fansince'76
02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
The only thing that I'll miss about Michael Irvin on ESPN is his sharp attire. He's a darned snazzy dresser. :thumbsup: I guess there's more than just chump change in crack dealing.

Not if you're already a crackhead - tends to reduce the profits a bit. :chuckle:

Preacher
02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Eversince I moved back to the west coast, I haven't had need to watch the pregame...

vasteeler
02-21-2007, 12:26 PM
i for one will miss seing him i thought he was insightful and down right funny

Elvis
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
Good Riddens to a Joke in the Hall Of Fame
:helmet:

ChronoCross
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I am so happy he was fired.