PDA

View Full Version : Snakes on a Plane

Mosca
02-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Wifey and I watched this last night on pay per view; it was actually a pretty good night of entertainment! SoaP is just winking parody enough to take the edge off, and well done enough to keep it from being uninteresting. Casting was absolutely spot on; props to Julianne Margolis especially, her tough beauty was perfect for the female lead, and to Flex Alexander, Kenan Thompson and Keith Dallas as The 3 Gs lite rappers.

There's not much to say about the plot; go with the flow. The overall experience was very much like eating junk food; lots of fun with no redeeming value beyond the experience itself. Recommended for when you want to escape for a few hours without having your strings pulled (everything was too obvious for ANY of it to qualify as manipulation; whatever you think is going to happen, that's what happens).

Tom

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Movie looked horrible when it came out. From what I heard it did not do very well at the box office. They were promoting the hell out of it if I recall correctly? Thanks for the scoop/opinion on the movie. When it comes out on cable I might give it a shot. But I can't bring myself to renting/purchasing it on ondemand.

If you haven't already seen it, rent/buy on PPV "The Departed". Very good movie. Some were comparing it to "Goodfellas", but I still prefer "Goodfellas". I believe it's on ComcastOnDemand right now.

Maidenarcher
02-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Movie looked horrible when it came out. From what I heard it did not do very well at the box office. They were promoting the hell out of it if I recall correctly? Thanks for the scoop/opinion on the movie. When it comes out on cable I might give it a shot. But I can't bring myself to renting/purchasing it on ondemand.

If you haven't already seen it, rent/buy on PPV "The Departed". Very good movie. Some were comparing it to "Goodfellas", but I still prefer "Goodfellas". I believe it's on ComcastOnDemand right now.

Yeah, I definitely agree.....I saw "The Departed" at the theatre and then watched it again at home last night. Very good movie....

However, "Snakes On A Plane" wasn't a horrible movie or anything(not great either), but it was one of those kind that I sat through feeling very tense. You had no idea when one of those darn snakes was going to pop out from the screen, and it freaked me out. I am not one of those females that squeals or anything, but I did have my blanket clenched near my face...(laughing)

Now, if you like comedy...I thought "School for Scoundrels" was pretty funny.