PDA

View Full Version : Which Player???

BB2W
08-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Injuries have already started to hit the Steelers, and it seems like every year someone goes down early with a season ending injury.....

Which player can we least afford to lose to a season ending injury?

SteelR1
08-19-2005, 04:21 PM
I would certainly have to say Big Ben. He's become THE quarterback for the Steelers....

BB2W
08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
After you think about it the most damaging loss might be Marvell Smith. If he went down we would have Barrett Brooks or Trai Essex starting at Tackle along with first time starter Max Starks on the other side. That would not be good.

Prosdo
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I have to go with Ben. He does have a good backup, but I definitely would rather have Ben healthy and playing.

steelparrot
08-19-2005, 11:50 PM
We have zero depth at the o-line. If one goes down, were finished.

figg
08-20-2005, 12:33 AM

Actually the depth isnt that bad.

T-Essex G-Kemoeatu C-Okobie

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2005, 12:35 AM
our OL depth was very suspect in mini camp and in the coaching sessions, but so far, we're looking alot better. We're still thin at Tackle behind the starters, as far as experience goes, but they are looking better. We're ok at guard for the most part. Okobi is ready to take over as soon as Hartings retires.

SteelerSal
08-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I picked Feneca, and noticed Ben is leading in votes.

O-line is so important with our style offense, we pound the ball on the ground to set up the pass, we live by the running game. I feel our other QB's are capable of leading our offense as long as we control the clock and the ground game.

Lets all pray for an injury free season!!!! (Duce included)

clevestinks
08-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Troy is an all over player, I can see us reaqlly really needing him. Ben is awesome, but we are a running team, and Maddox can fill the void, not as well, but well enough.

SteelersWyo
08-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Anyone on the O line. The second half of Ben's season was not real good. We were lucky to win some of those games. Without him the team could still do well. O line is the most important. Remember recent years when the rushing game was in the toilet? No running game means fewer wins and it all starts with the O line.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Our depth is decent this year in most areas, but not quite as good as last year.. so we'll need everybody to be ready every week, no exceptions, cuz u just never know.

Blitzburgh55
08-20-2005, 12:28 PM
i think big ben by far followed by hines ward

BB2W
08-22-2005, 12:14 AM
i think big ben by far followed by hines ward
I am suprised to see that Ward hasn't received any votes.....

ironcitychef
08-23-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm saying Farrior. His number of tackles is far more important than Ben's number of passes and most important hand offs. We could be 10-6 with another QB. But to lose a D playcaller and force, a back up couldnt really have that impact.

acrossthepond
08-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Definitely Marvel Smith - or crazy as it sounds even Max Starks!!!! I think we've got good enough depth everywhere else to put in a player who will be pretty good in place of nearly every other player. Polamalu may be the only other exception, due to his uniqueness. I'm not convinced we can count on a rookie (or Barrett Brooks) at either Tackle position. As the OL so the whole offense goes imo.

It's got me thinking about another thread to start on which OL players to keep - so watch out for that thread, please.

acrossthepond
08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I say Big Ben...he goes down and we have Maddox under center. 2003 all over again.

2003 all over again only if the line gets decimated by injury . . . like it did in 2003 . . .

clevestinks
08-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I say Big Ben...he goes down and we have Maddox under center. 2003 all over again.

Right now Tommy has outplayed Ben this preseason. I know its against others teams seconds. But Ben has played with our stars. I was in favor of letting Tommy and his contract go. Now I`m not so sure.

Steel - X
08-25-2005, 04:01 PM

I dont necessarily agree with no depth but Faneca is a main peice to the puzzle and if he goes down the power running game might flutter.

Ben has a guy that knows the position behind him. And Staley has been injured already so these 2 are far from the worst to loose

SteelProven
08-25-2005, 05:54 PM
While losing Ben would be a dark day in Steeler land. T. Maddox could handle the offense enough to at least get us to the playoffs. But losing our anchor on the offensive line would be disastrous, while we would have M. Smith over there. Who's replacing him?

LambertIsGod58
08-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Ben definately....I disagree with the fact that Maddox is good. You don't stay out of Pro Football for 10 yrs selling insurance because you are NFL playoff caliber.