PDA

View Full Version : Who concerns you the most in the AFCN

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
We all know the clowns are much of a worry this year. They may surprise a few people in a few games, but overall, they arent a major threat in the division this season.

So who concerns u the most..the ratbirds, or the bengals ( u know how hard it is for me not say bung..., but out of respect to our bengal friends I will refrain ;) )

figg
08-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I picked the Ravens. Im hoping with all the new additions they turn into the Redskins lol. But they improved the most of all the teams in our division.

SteelR1
08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Im not so much worried about the Ravens as long as Kyle Boller is the quarterback. The Bengals seem to be heading in the right direction right now...

Enough about them, Lets go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2005, 07:45 PM
The ratbirds will only go as far as Boller will carry them, and so far, that isnt very far! The bengals are improved, but their troubles getting their big draft pick signed and in camp will hurt. They have a pretty good defense as well.

But here's to the black n gold heading up the AFCN after December !! :cheers:

Steelersfan
08-19-2005, 10:00 PM
I'd have to say the Raven's. Until the Bengals prove they can win I will never consider them a threat. The Raven's on the other hand have proven they can win and they still have a good D. That will make them tough even with Boller as the QB. If Boller settles in and plays well they will give us a run. If not then we should have the division by 2-3 games easy.

bengalsfan21
08-20-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll say you have to watch out for the Bengals, Only bc the defense is improved and if the offense clicks it will be hard to stop it....Now if Ben does not have a sophmore slump I will say the steelers are the Bengals biggest threat.....And Cleveland better watch out bc with Boller leading the Ravens, they could easily lose the last place spot in the division.

bigbensgirl7
08-20-2005, 08:30 AM
This is a hard one. Right now I'm not completely sure who I see as our biggest threat. With what I saw from the Bengals last night, I can't say I was completely impressed with their starters esp. with their offense. However, it is preseason, this is something I think I will have more of a grasp on once regular season starts

clevestinks
08-20-2005, 09:26 AM
The AFCN, who concerns me most? That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have a great team. In this division it would take a total melt down by us, for us not to win it. Our defense is the best in the division, and maybe the NFL. And it is defense that will win it for us again. Our offense is good enough to win it all. Injuries always play a part, sometimes it isn`t the best team in the end, its the healthiest. So if we don`t beat ourselves, and Ben improves just a little, because our offense isn`t centered around having to have an explosive passing game, we will win the AFCN, the AFC and the fifth ring.

SteelProven
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
The bengals scare me the most it's not the Ravens I know we can split the series or even sweep them. But it's the Bengals that could actually sweep us just becuz there offensive fire power. But it's going to be really interesting but I has to be the Bengals. IMO

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2005, 01:30 PM
The AFCN, who concerns me most? That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have a great team. In this division it would take a total melt down by us, for us not to win it. Our defense is the best in the division, and maybe the NFL. And it is defense that will win it for us again. Our offense is good enough to win it all. Injuries always play a part, sometimes it isn`t the best team in the end, its the healthiest. So if we don`t beat ourselves, and Ben improves just a little, because our offense isn`t centered around having to have an explosive passing game, we will win the AFCN, the AFC and the fifth ring.

:iagree: Couldnt have said it better myself cleve... but no fair bringing the obvious into it :rofl:

Rush58
08-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Ravens! I was not impressed with the Bengals last night. The Ravens, despite Boller, can still be very dangerous. The Bengals, on the other hand, need stellar play from Carson Palmer.

stand undefeated
08-20-2005, 04:28 PM
If I were to rank the AFCN teams as threats according to a percentage rate, it would be...

Cleveland 1%
Cincinnati 1%
Baltimore 1%

Steelers 97%

The fact of this matter is, the only way these "rivals" can beat us, is if we beat ourselves.

Period.

bengalsfan21
08-20-2005, 05:36 PM
If I were to rank the AFCN teams as threats according to a percentage rate, it would be...

Cleveland 1%
Cincinnati 1%
Baltimore 1%

Steelers 97%

The fact of this matter is, the only way these "rivals" can beat us, is if we beat ourselves.

Period.

:funny: And I thought I was a homer.........You guys are so great, you will have another 15-1 season hell you will 16-0.......Whatever you can take your 1% and shove it up your ass, I am not going to trash talk you gyus until the Bengals beat you.... :rolleyes:

stand undefeated
08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
:funny: And I thought I was a homer.........You guys are so great, you will have another 15-1 season hell you will 16-0.......Whatever you can take your 1% and shove it up your ass, I am not going to trash talk you gyus until the Bengals beat you.... :rolleyes:

::Yawns::

::Getting Sleepy::

SteelZeal
08-21-2005, 01:30 AM
If you don't think it's the Ravens, you're kidding yourself.

I hate the Ravens more than most (I went to college in MD), but let's be honest. The Ravens have a very good D, and while it is sometimes overhyped, it is still very good. The Bengals, on the other hand, do not have a good defense. Especially against the run, and if you can't stop the run in this division, you're not a real threat. People can say the Cincy D is improved, but it's just talk at this point. Any team that let the Browns drop 48 on them last year, at home, is not a defense to fear. The Cincy offense is definitely solid, and Baltimore's is lacking. But I'm more confident in getting 31-17 wins over Cincy than 13-9 struggling wins against Baltimore.

I've also seen the Ravens win plenty of games they had no business winning. Can't say I've seen the Bungles do the same.

I.C. Lights
08-22-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm not concerned about any of our division rivals. Sure, they may have a chance against us in a head to head game, but eventually they will self destruct and/or drag each other down to where they belong: below us. To win the division, we just have to keep our collective eye on the prize.

Prosdo
08-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Right now I would say the Ravens, but I think I need to watch a preseason game of the Ravens and Bengals to get a better idea.

ironcitychef
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
For me its the Ravens. The Browns and Bengals need several players to play up to their potential to come back into contention. For the Reavens they really only have one who needs to start playing better and that is Boller. So if he can do better than the Ravens will be better.

Koopa
08-23-2005, 11:09 PM
i fear the ravens more then any of the other teams, the bengals will have another decent year but not to where they'll contend for the division. the browns still suck so obviously i don't worry about them beating us. the ravens have jamal lewis healthy and ready to take out his anger by running over ppl, heap is healthy and is a very good tight end, they got derrick mason, they got clayton who scares the shit out of me because i've seen what he can do, i'm a ut fan so i know what kind of threat he is. and their d is awesome, ed reed is crucial, suggs is good, rolle might be a good fit, and of course ray lewis. i think it's going to be a very tight race for the division but i say we take it by 1-2 games. damn i can't wait for the season to start, even though i can't watch the games cause i live in texas and i'm stuck watching the texans and cowboys. damn i'm looking at the schedule and i can't watch the steelers till oct. 10th, well at least i get to see them play a worthless preseason game on friday against the redskins.

Livinginthe past
08-24-2005, 01:11 AM
Here is outsiders take on the AFCN

Pittsburgh -

Defence and Ball control will again be the strong suits of the Steelers. Assuming that they can keep Bettis and Staley healthy for the majority of the season they will still have the best 1-2 combo in the league at RB.
All eyes will be on QB Ben R - if I had a penny for everytime I heard the phrase 'sophomore slump' I would be considerably richer!
Amazingly some pundits/fans are managing to put a negative spin on an excellent 1st year for Ben - yes he was protected well by a top notch O-line and RB division - but the fact remains that he still outperformed 98% of QB's in their rookie year.
My major concern with this team is injuries at key positions ( a worry for every team I am sure) - not alot of depth at key skills positions on offence could leave the D shouldering the burden for large parts of the season.

Ravens -

On paper, the strongest deepest D in the NFL has improved again this year with a few acquisitions in the off-season.
With Jamal Lewis returning at RB and new WR target Mason, Kyle Boller is all set for an improved year at QB - no-one is looking for 300yard games - just consistent mistake free football should be enough to keep the Ravens competetive against all comers this year.
The Ravens are my official AFC 'dark horse'.

Bengals -

Exciting on paper, the Bengals highly touted Offence is all set for a high octane year.
Carson Palmer has showed us plenty of glimpses of elite talent - this is his year to put it all together as a package and lead the Bengals to the post season.
Strong and talented at WR and RB - the Bengals O will provide plenty of fireworks this year...and judging by the past performance of their D unit - they very well may need to.
The Bengals biggest weakness last year was undoubtedly their D - but on a positive note they have defnsively minded coach and some new talent from the draft to plug into key positions.

Browns -

Beginning of a rebuilding phase for Crennels Browns - this team will have two plans of action running concurrently.
Firstly, build from the bottom up - this means a much improved draft day performance and better judgement on younger talent.
Secondly, the plugging in of key veteran acquisitions in order to grab just enough wins for the next 2/3 seasons to keep Crennel in a job.
This franchise has been mismanaged so poorly the earliest playoff challenge wont be until 2008, but this process maybe be accelerated somewhat if they can keep trading dead wood to the Broncos.
The Browns are my official candidate for 'worst record in the league'

Ok folks here endeth a Pats fans take on the AFCN - bring on the proper games!

NM

ironcitychef
08-24-2005, 07:30 AM
One question cause I keep hearing it over and over...

How are BAL, CLE, and CIN deeper in depth at positions than us? I think if they get hurt at positions they are worse of than us. QB we have Maddox, WR we have Wilson(starter) and trio of young guys to divide up the 20 passes we'll throw in 8 games. RB is Parker and Herron(untested yes, but they have shown stuff) O-line would be a problem only from consistency standpoint, but all have the skills to plug holes or be stand outs in their own. Everyone in D-line and LB get rotated so much that they have experience already. The worse case is secondary where inexperience could bite us, but overall I can live with that considering we drafted all of them in the last 3 years. Not to mention that we have made the playoffs last year gives our young guys that postseason xp points as well. Cincy can't claim that. Boller all of a sudden will guide his team all the way through the playoffs and SuperBowl? Or his back up? Not seeing how depth is our issue alone...:twocents:

Da Boot
08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
The ratbirds, especially if Boller figures out how to play QB.

Blitzburgh55
08-24-2005, 10:44 AM
The steelers will easly win the divison

bengalsfan21
08-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Bengals have depth, Kitna, Perry, WR we still need to make a cut but we have Warrick, Walter, Brousard, Perry, Henry.....Defense isn't awesome that we know of yet, we did force a lot of take aways last year. We have a bunch of LB's and CB's several Safties, I think we could use a stud saftey and a stud DT, as for now I think we have 2 stud LB's in the making.

SteelCityMan786
08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Bottom Line

Bengals: This Team is a Joke. No Playoffs again
Browns: The Overall AFC North Class Clown. No Playoffs
Ravens: No Playoffs again with Boller at QB
Steelers: All the tools needed to win the AFC North

Livinginthe past
08-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Bottom Line

Bengals: This Team is a Joke. No Playoffs again
Browns: The Overall AFC North Class Clown. No Playoffs
Ravens: No Playoffs again with Boller at QB
Steelers: All the tools needed to win the AFC North

Thats the kind of unbiased opinion that wins friends and influences people.
How do you expect anyone to take anything you psot seriously with this bunch of cock-eyed rubbish??

NM

bengalsfan21
08-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Thats the kind of unbiased opinion that wins friends and influences people.
How do you expect anyone to take anything you psot seriously with this bunch of cock-eyed rubbish??

NM

I agree with living here, I could care less what you think but other ppl might have respected you until then