PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Larry Fitzgerald to Vikes?

yinzer-inseattle
02-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Arizona Cardinals Updated:02/09/2007

Coach Ken Whisenhunt is working on his coaching staff while focusing on the upcoming free-agency period. The Arizona Republic reports that offensive tackle Leonard Davis might be re-signed, while the Vikings might trade their No. 7 overall pick in April's draft, plus a player or two, for wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

Whiz and AZ must be loaded at WR for them to even be considering this. Troy Walters is shown as #3 on the depth chart. I'm not familiar with him, but he must be pretty good or they are comfortable with the depth in this year's draft.

When it's all said and done and you look at his career numbers, I think Fitz will be one of the more productive receivers. Plus, everyone's always gushing about what a great persons he is. If true, this would be a great pick up for the Vikes.

I know it's just a rumor (and a CBS-SL rumor at that), but interesting enough. Don't know if there an Vikes/AZ fans left over from the Tomlin/Whiz coaching moves. I'd be interested to get their opinions too.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh how I would love to have Fitz on this team. I can dream can't I?