PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Arrested For Animal Abuse

Atlanta Dan
02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
I assume this involves some jock suffering from a testosterone overdose that beat his pit bull, but this story certainly leaves a lot of blanks to fill in.

Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman Jonathan Babineaux was arrested by Gwinnett County police on Monday morning and charged with one count of felony animal abuse.

The Falcons confirmed the arrest in a brief statement.

"We're aware of the situation and we're in the process of gathering information," said Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts. "Until we have the information we need, we will have no further comment."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/02/19/0220babineaux.html

Yet another example of what wonderful role models pro athletes are.

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 06:23 PM
whew... as i was laughing upon reading the headline to your thread i was so worried this story would involve m. vick, a goat, anthrax, cipro commercials, and the alias "Robert Greece".

:chuckle:

MACH1
02-19-2007, 07:37 PM
whew... as i was laughing upon reading the headline to your thread i was so worried this story would involve m. vick, a goat, anthrax, cipro commercials, and the alias "Robert Greece".

:chuckle:

I thought maybe it had something with gerbil stuffing...:toofunny:

SteelShooter
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
No telling what happened. It could be something as simple as leaving the animal in a vehicle while running into a store.....not feeding is typically charged/termed as "neglect", not abuse.

My mind really wonders on this one.

stlrtruck
02-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Will the Falcons become the Bungles of the NFC?

fansince'76
02-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Will the Falcons become the Bungles of the NFC?

Nah - ever heard of the Lions? :wink02:

BOXCAR JOEY
02-20-2007, 07:51 AM
I think he was a Bungles prospect at what time hahahahaha

polamalufan43
02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Nah - ever heard of the Lions? :wink02:

Times have changed my friends, it only takes one arrest to tip the scale... or in the Bungals case for the Cinci gov to build more cells.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Dragon
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
ALLEGEDLY, Mr. Babineaux had a domestic argument with his girlfriend. She left to go to the movies; he stayed home. A little while later, he called her to say "you better check on your dog." She came back to find the dog "was not right." She took it to the vet where it was pronounced dead. The vet diagnosed the death was caused by blunt force trauma to its head. The police charged him with felony animal abuse.

From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (sorry not allowed to post links )