PDA

View Full Version : Colts Rhodes Arrested for DUI

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Colts running back Rhodes arrested for drunken driving
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts running back Dominic Rhodes faces a drunken driving charge after state troopers arrested him Tuesday.

Rhodes, 28, was pulled over about 3 a.m. driving a truck 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on Interstate 65 in Indianapolis' far northwest side, Indiana State Police spokesman 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten said.

"It was a normal, run-of-the-mill drunk driving arrest," Bursten said.

Rhodes was cooperative with the state troopers who arrested him, police said.

Rhodes was still being processed at the Marion County arrestee processing center Tuesday morning.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team did not have any immediate comment on the arrest.

Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded not guilty in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and is the mother of a child with Rhodes, said Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes was charged with domestic battery but avoided prosecution. Instead, Rhodes was placed in a diversionary program and underwent mental health counseling.

The Associated Press left messages Tuesday seeking comment from Rhodes' attorney in that case, Jim Voyles, and with Rhodes' agent Michael McCartney.

Rhodes delivered an MVP-like performance in Super Bowl XLI, rushing for 113 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' 29-17 victory over the Bears. He started all 16 regular-season games in 2006, rushing for 641 yards and five touchdowns.

Rhodes was Edgerrin James' backup since 2001 and had a chance to become the Colts featured back in 2006 but instead shared the job with rookie Joseph Addai.

The six-year veteran will become an unrestricted free agent and has rushed for 2,274 yards in his career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2771925

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2007, 08:40 AM
:chicken: :banana: :banana: Guess who is going to Cincy!!!:banana: :banana: :chicken:

PisnNapalm
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
:chicken: :banana: :banana: Guess who is going to Cincy!!!:banana: :banana: :chicken:

That's cold.... :wave:

Preacher
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Sadly.. I was thinking the same thing... Actually I was going to post...

I related news, Cincinnatti Bengals have shown much interest in trading for Rhodes as part of their new Character counts campaign!

TackleMeBen
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
That is too funny.. Maybe they should take lessons on behavior after winning a superbowl.. just make sure you wear your helmet..lol

fansince'76
02-20-2007, 11:56 AM

Nah - he cooperated with the arresting officer. Still not Bengals material. :sofunny:

TackleMeBen
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
I thought the Bengals was over the cap on criminals???

Newzfoxjr
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Jeez, how many Bengal-joke things are going to happen this off-season?

SteelShooter
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
As I said in another thread on this same topic:

This is an exceprt from the article ( http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/10009680 )

"Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded innocent in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and is the mother of a child with Rhodes, said Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes was charged with domestic battery but avoided prosecution. Instead, Rhodes was placed in a diversionary program and underwent mental health counseling. "

Battery/Domestic Violence, mental health counseling, and now DUI?

Not sure about you, but I am seeing the beginning of a trend for this individual. Sure, I would love to see what he could do for us, but the history is something I could do without on our team.

Preach said it right, "let's go for Michael Bush" ....and avoid bad Bengal-oid controversy.

fansince'76
02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
"Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded innocent in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and is the mother of a child with Rhodes, said Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes was charged with domestic battery but avoided prosecution. Instead, Rhodes was placed in a diversionary program and underwent mental health counseling. "

Battery/Domestic Violence, mental health counseling, and now DUI?

Maybe Rhodes IS Bungles material after all.... :sofunny:

SteelShooter
02-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe Rhodes IS Bungles material after all.... :sofunny:

<Chuckle-chuckle> :dang: Maybe so, maybe so..............................

floodcitygirl
02-20-2007, 01:30 PM
No doubt this is sounding like Bengal material...and I could care less if that team takes him ,but for the love of God we have enough of these NFL baffoons driving around our streets drunk an/or stoned! Please let somebody...anybody else have him....even if you are kidding!!!!!! :dang:

tony hipchest
02-23-2007, 08:35 AM
rhodes pissed himself while in back of the police cruiser. :sofunny: