PDA

View Full Version : Question about emailing someone at the Steelers

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm attempting to reach Burt Lauten (public relations manager/media manager) and Michele Rosenthal (community relations manager) at the Steelers.

I contacted the front office to find out what their email addresses are, but the lady refused to give them out. I assume it's because of security issues, which I completely understand.

Anyway, do any of you guys know what kind of email "format" the Steelers use?

For example, would it be b.lauten@steelers.com....burtlauten@steelers.com, etc. I'm sure you follow my examples. So, with that said, can anyone help me out? I'm trying to land a co-op or internship of sorts with either of them and I'd like to contact them via email so that i can attach a copy of my resume.

Thanks ahead of time.

alittlejazzbird
02-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm attempting to reach Burt Lauten (public relations manager/media manager) and Michele Rosenthal (community relations manager) at the Steelers.

I contacted the front office to find out what their email addresses are, but the lady refused to give them out. I assume it's because of security issues, which I completely understand.

Anyway, do any of you guys know what kind of email "format" the Steelers use?

For example, would it be b.lauten@steelers.com....burtlauten@steelers.com, etc. I'm sure you follow my examples. So, with that said, can anyone help me out? I'm trying to land a co-op or internship of sorts with either of them and I'd like to contact them via email so that i can attach a copy of my resume.

Thanks ahead of time.

My suggestion would be to do it the old-fashioned way via snail mail and send a cover letter and a resume. Trust me, as someone who works in a corporate setting and has to field these things all the time, I can tell you that your resume is no more likely to be looked at if it's attached to an e-mail, as opposed to arriving through the mail. Spring for some high quality cream colored cotton paper and have a go at it! If the Steelers' front office folks wanted to be solicited via e-mail, they would have published e-mail addresses on the Steelers site.

polamalufan43
02-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Honestly, I think that they wouldn't open an e-mail from a random person because of security issues and for other reasons. I think you would have a better chance of mailing it.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Honestly, I think that they wouldn't open an e-mail from a random person because of security issues and for other reasons. I think you would have a better chance of mailing it.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

I know that they respond because I've emailed them in the past....but I forget the format that they use. I don't have a problem with snail mailing...but I'd much rather email. The world revolves around technological communication these days.

SteelerFanInCA
02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Plus not to mention the e-mail even getting through and not being blocked as spam.

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
You guys are letting this "security" issue alter your perspective a bit. I work for the Pirates organization and for MLB Advanced Media right now. I also spent 3 years working for the Cincinnati Reds and two years working for the ABC-TV affiliate in Cincinnati.

All of those jobs were landed by emailing people. Not once did I use regular "snail mail".

So, does anyone have any information on the Steelers email format?

iloveben7
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
did you study sports marketing/management in college?

fansince'76
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
You guys are letting this "security" issue alter your perspective a bit. I work for the Pirates organization and for MLB Advanced Media right now. I also spent 3 years working for the Cincinnati Reds and two years working for the ABC-TV affiliate in Cincinnati.

All of those jobs were landed by emailing people. Not once did I use regular "snail mail".

So, does anyone have any information on the Steelers email format?

No, unfortunately, I don't - however, I did find this: http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/sports/nfl/pittsburgh_steelers/. Of course, the "journal" will cost you $50, and unfortunately, I couldn't tell if it will give you the Email contacts of those folks specifically either. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
did you study sports marketing/management in college?

Actually, no. I received a B.A. in Mass Communication from Miami University in Ohio. I actually had a couple classes with your boy Roethlisberger.

Fid
02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I know the woman who writes and does work for the webpage, Theresea Varley. She organized a VIP weekend in 99 for fan club members and I went. She gave me her business card with all of her contact information, and she still doesn't answer my e-mails. hahaha. So I would go with snail mail.

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I know the woman who writes and does work for the webpage, Theresea Varley. She organized a VIP weekend in 99 for fan club members and I went. She gave me her business card with all of her contact information, and she still doesn't answer my e-mails. hahaha. So I would go with snail mail.

So then, you know the format. Will you post it or PM it to me?

If they don't respond then I'll consider other options. We live in a technology driven world so I'm not going to attempt my first interaction via the slowest method available, haha. I'm going with the instant method.

joest73
02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Last Name then First letter of first name @ steelers.nfl.com

iloveben7
02-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Actually, no. I received a B.A. in Mass Communication from Miami University in Ohio. I actually had a couple classes with your boy Roethlisberger.
Oh I see!! I was just wondering because I may be interested in studying sports management/marketing and my first choice was actually mass comm!! You had classes with Ben? That's awesome!! Was he a good boy? haha!! You can pm me if ya want!!

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I lived by the Miami U. rec center, which is HUGE...and I played basketball there a lot. Ben would come a lot in the off season. Let me tell ya', he's a pretty good basketball player too.

I'm obviously a Bengals fan, but I rooted for Roethlisberger for his tenure at Miami. If it wouldn't have been for the loss to Iowa during the first game of the season his senior year, Miami would've been undefeated. He threw 4 INT's during that game.

iloveben7
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I lived by the Miami U. rec center, which is HUGE...and I played basketball there a lot. Ben would come a lot in the off season. Let me tell ya', he's a pretty good basketball player too.

I'm obviously a Bengals fan, but I rooted for Roethlisberger for his tenure at Miami. If it wouldn't have been for the loss to Iowa during the first game of the season his senior year, Miami would've been undefeated. He threw 4 INT's during that game.
That's so cool that you actually knew Ben before he was a great football star!! He is also a good basketball player and a baseball player in high school too!! That would've been cool for Miami to go undefeated!! Ben is how I started becoming a diehard Steeler fan!!

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Now that Cower and Bettis are both gone, you guys may tend to get away from the hard nose -pounding running game.

With that said, if your new coaches allow for Ben and the offense to throw the ball more, you will see how great of a QB he really is. He has been limited at having the opportunity to display how great of an arm he has. In every game you guys play against us (the Bengals), Ben and Palmer seem to have a shootout. I love it. Obviously, I can't and won't root for Ben anymore, but that doesn't meant that I can't comment on how great of a player I think he is...and how great I think he WILL be.

Pittsburgh did good by drafting this guy. Hopefully you'll get to see more of what he has to offer like I did back at Miami.

iloveben7
02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I hope Tomlin sticks with the running game and he kept most of the offensive guys, so maybe that will help!! I do believe Ben has a great arm and he doesn't have the chance to show it every game!! I also believe that we did not make a mistake when we drafted him and hopefully they'll keep him for a very long time because he's something special that doesn't come around everyday!! Thanks for your kind words about Ben and Palmer also has a great arm-he's never afraid to throw the ball 80 yards on the first play of the game!!
Good luck to the Bengals this year and hopefully we'll both be playing in the playoffs1!

Jungle_Juice
02-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Same to you buddy. I didn't come on this site to start any kind of nonsense. I mean, to each his own, ya know.

The Bengals have a site exactly like this called CincyBengals.com. I visit it daily, but I figured since I'm going to be living up here and working for the Pirates that I might be able to gain a few friends by posting on here.

Preacher
02-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Same to you buddy. I didn't come on this site to start any kind of nonsense. I mean, to each his own, ya know.

The Bengals have a site exactly like this called CincyBengals.com. I visit it daily, but I figured since I'm going to be living up here and working for the Pirates that I might be able to gain a few friends by posting on here.

Stick around...

It is nice to have non-troll bengal fans here that we can actually dialogue with.

MJ5150
02-23-2007, 04:21 PM
From Steelers.com.........

Resumes can be sent to:
Human Resources
Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

-Mike