PDA

View Full Version : anklebiter pac man jones involved in another fracas?

tony hipchest
02-20-2007, 06:30 PM
appearantly he was in a brawl at a las vegas nightclub for all star game festivities that wound up with 3 people getting shot and the bouncer having his ankle bitten by pac man. early reports from adam schefter is that the bouncer put pac man in an arm lock. pac man had surgery on his shoulder 10 days ago and left in discomfort.:footinmou

he was born to be a bungle, how did he not wind up with them?

SteelCityMan786
02-20-2007, 06:36 PM
appearantly he was in a brawl at a las vegas nightclub for all star game festivities that wound up with 3 people getting shot and the bouncer having his ankle bitten by pac man. early reports from adam schefter is that the bouncer put pac man in an arm lock. pac man had surgery on his shoulder 10 days ago and left in discomfort.:footinmou

he was born to be a bungle, how did he not wind up with them?

That was just his luck.:toofunny:

SteelShooter
02-20-2007, 06:38 PM
........people are drafted onto the wrong teams all the time Bro.

With F/A, I'm sure he'll find his rightful group within a few seasons.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2007, 07:29 AM
It's amazing how this guy always finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time......:rolleyes:

Jones wasn't involved in shooting, lawyer says

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones witnessed but wasn't involved in a shooting at a Las Vegas strip club that injured three, his lawyer said.

Jones, who has faced charges in other nightclub arrests in Tennessee, was only a witness to the triple shooting early Monday that left two critically wounded, attorney Worrick Robinson said Tuesday.

Robinson said Jones was in Las Vegas to attend the NBA All Star game over the weekend and was invited to the Minxx Gentleman's Club, where the shooting occurred in the parking lot as Jones was leaving.

Jones was interviewed by local authorities as a witness, not as a suspect, Robinson said. Jones did not know anyone involved in the shooting, he said.

"He is cooperating with authorities, and he is free to return to Nashville," Robinson said.

Jones has faced criminal charges three times since the Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft - all involving incidents at nightclubs in Tennessee.

The cornerback promised he had seen the inside of a courtroom for the last time on Feb. 1 when a judge dismissed an assault charge filed by a woman who claimed Jones spit on her during an October nightclub altercation.

Charges in a confrontation with a club manager during a private party in July 2005 also have been dismissed. But Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson said the incident in Las Vegas started as an altercation between women in the club, prompting the owners to turn on the lights and ask everyone to leave.

Jones and his friends exited the back door of the club and were walking around the front to get in their car when he heard shouting, his attorney said.

"An altercation broke out in the parking lot and someone started firing a gun," Robinson said. "He (Jones) and his friends ran to the vehicle they arrived in and left."

Robinson said he didn't think this latest incident violated the judge's order to stay out of trouble.

"I would expect the judge to be monitoring this incident, but he was just really a witness to what occurred," Robinson said. "I would not think the judge would hold that against him."

Jones led the NFL in punt return average with 12.9 yards per return in 2006, and he tied a franchise record set in 1975 by Billy "White Shoes" Johnson with three punt returns for touchdowns. He was an alternate for the AFC Pro Bowl roster at returner.

He also was second on the Titans with four interceptions, one returned 83 yards for a TD.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6488246

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
hmmm. no word from the lawyer about jones supposedly having his repaired shoulder popped out of place or the dna sample he was asked to give.

"I would not think the judge would hold that against him."

i think when the judge says, stay out of trouble, that means stay out of the clubs at 3 am.

tony hipchest
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
it seems eye witnesses and video suveilance show that pac man arrived with and left with the shooter. pac man was said to punch a woman a few times in the face and bite the bouncer.

appearantly this all started during something called the "raindance" where, i guess pac man gets $100 in a stack of ones, throws them up in the air, and the stripper dances in the falling money :rolleyes:. i guess the stripper didnt know proper strip ettiquite and started to scrounge up the dollar bills too soon so she got her ass kicked.

way to put dat ho in check, Pac! :rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
02-22-2007, 08:35 AM
i guess the stripper didnt know proper strip ettiquite and started to scrounge up the dollar bills too soon so she got her ass kicked.

Hey, at times you have to go Ralph Cifaretto on the strippers. What can you do? :smile:

Big D
02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
I really can't figure out professional athletes. You are millionaires and in the public eye. Why the hell can't you stay out of trouble.

tony hipchest
02-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey, at times you have to go Ralph Cifaretto on the strippers. What can you do? :smile: :chuckle: i just heard a bit more. according to the owner of the club, while the bouncer had jones pinned to the ground he was heard saying "im gonna kill you". it seems all the patrons left including pac and his homie. the homie returned with a gun and emptied his gat towards the 2 bouncers standing in the doorway. while no one died, one of the 3 hit is now paralyzed.

he will probably never walk again.
pac man will take the field on opening day.
and the poor girl will never be able to be in, or watch, a ticker tape parade.

ChronoCross
02-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Club owner accuses Pacman

Says Jones was at center of events before shooting

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Titans cornerback Pacman Jones set off a melee that led to a triple shooting outside a Las Vegas strip club early Monday morning, the club's co-owner said Wednesday, based on accounts he said he had from eyewitnesses.
It's a completely different version of events than the one given by Jones' at-torney, who said his client told Las Ve-gas detectives that he had done nothing wrong and that no one with him had a gun or was involved in the shooting.
http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/advertisement_300.gif
http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/1pix.gif OAS_AD('300x250_1');
http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/1pix.gif Robert Susnar said Jones had been in Minxx Gentleman's Club with the man who later came back and did the shooting. Susnar said Jones had threatened one of the club's security guards after the guard restrained Jones during a fracas involving some of the strippers.
"For Pacman to have the gall to say he doesn't know the shooter is ridiculous," Susnar said. "Not only does he know the shooter, his girlfriend knows the shooter, and everyone who was with him knows the shooter. They came with him and they left with him."
Las Vegas police said Wednesday that they were still searching for the gunman, who fired into a crowd as patrons were leaving the club around 5 a.m. Monday and then left the scene.
Detectives have interviewed Jones, who hasn't been named a suspect or person of interest.
Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Tuesday that police were convinced Jones wasn't involved in shooting.
"I have stated my understanding of what occurred as it relates to Mr. Jones,'' Robinson said Wednesday. "Now we are going to let the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department continue with their investigation and will continue to cooperate with them in the event they need to speak to Mr. Jones. We are confident the findings of their investigation will be consistent with our findings.''
Susnar said he was not at the club when the incident took place and did not see the shooting. He said he arrived at his conclusion after interviewing employees who worked that night and after watching a video surveillance tape of what transpired inside the club.
Susnar said a camera outside the building, where the shooting took place, had blown a circuit and was not working.
Police said they obtained video and interviewed numerous witnesses.
A security guard shot in the chest and arm was released from a Las Vegas hospital on Tuesday. A female patron shot in the head remains in stable condition. Another security guard shot in the chest remains in critical condition and is going to be paralyzed for life, Susnar said.
"What he got for working hard that night, putting in a good day's work, what he gets for a reward is having one of Pacman's entourage put a bullet in his spine and paralyze him from the waist down,'' Susnar said.
Melee began over money
Jones was in Las Vegas attending the NBA All-Star game and other festivities.
According to Susnar, Jones arrived at the club with several others, including the man whom eyewitnesses later identified as the shooter. Susnar said the melee broke out when Jones began throwing money into the air around strippers.
"The dancers are supposed to dance, but not pick up money,'' Susnar said. "But some of the girls didn't know that, and when one girl tried to pick up the money without Pacman giving her permission," he said, Jones angrily confronted the woman.
When a security guard grabbed Jones, the player's entourage jumped in, Susnar said. A woman with Jones then hit the guard over the head with a champagne bottle and Jones attacked the guard, according to Susnar.
He says threat heard
Jones then "proceeded to track the same girl down,'' Susnar said. He said security staff grabbed Jones again, sparking an expletive-filled threat that he said four people witnessed.
"He was out of his mind,'' Susnar said witnesses told him about Jones. "As (one security guard) held Pacman, Pacman," he said, threatened the guard in an expletive-laced outburst.
"When we get him outside of the club, the guy that was sitting directly next to Pacman the entire time returns with a handgun from his car and shoots (the security guards) in the chest," Susnar said. "Maybe this is just some bizarre coincidence, that some unknown gunman would come back 10-20 minutes after we kicked Pacman out of the club and shoots my guys after (Jones' threats), but I am going to think not."
Robinson would not comment on the accusations made by Susnar.
Susnar said everyone entering the club the night of the incident was screened with a metal detector and patted down.
Owner fears reprisal
Susnar said he was "100 percent" certain that his account of the night was correct.
"People have told me, 'You shouldn't say anything about this. You should let it blow over,' " Susnar said. "And the reason that they're warning me against saying anything is for fear of reprisal from Pacman and his crew. ? Am I afraid
that they are going to come back and do something? Absolutely. But am I going to let this thing blow over? Absolutely not.
"I can only hope that somebody within that group ? Pacman, his publicist, his girlfriend, one of the people in their entourage ? has the decency to stand up and tell the truth."
The Tennessean learned that Jones spoke with Titans officials from his home in Atlanta on Wednesday. The team has yet to comment on the incident.

Big D
02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
you have to wonder how long jeff fisher will tolerate his behavior before cutting him. He is set to be a bungle

Big D
02-22-2007, 09:29 AM
just listening to the herd. They have a local reporter on there. He said that pacman has been questioned on 8 seperate shooting incidents. Think he has some charactor problems?

augustashark
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey, at times you have to go Ralph Cifaretto on the strippers. What can you do? :smile:

That's why I love ya 83, always tie in with the sapranos theme.

"She was a whoooa" when asked why he did it.

"I'm a made guy!" after Tony pounds him against the fence.

Great episode!

tony hipchest
02-23-2007, 09:55 AM
this wanna be thug thinks hes living in a freaking rap video. how tomeone like darrent williams takes a bullet to the neck and this guy doesnt baffles me. so let me get this straight. you take $81,000 in cash to a public place and start throwing it around and no one is supposed to pick it up? :dang: sounds like he spends more money annually on strippers than the bears do their head coach. thats why the NFL is #1 :rolleyes:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10015231

LAS VEGAS (Feb. 22, 2007) -- More than $81,000 in cash belonging to Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was seized by police, who say the money sparked a weekend melee and a triple shooting at a strip club.

Jones was showering more than 40 strippers onstage early Feb. 19 with cash "intended as a visual effect," according to a search warrant. But a scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the strippers told them to pick up the money.

The promoter, identified as Chris Mitchell, owner of "Harlem Knights," and a male associate took a plastic trash bag containing Jones' money and walked out the front door, the warrant says. Police recovered the money and two watches inside a safe at Mitchell's hotel room on Feb. 19.

Jones' lawyer, Worrick Robinson, has said his client did not know anyone involved in the shooting and was interviewed by authorities as a witness, not as a suspect. Police have not said Jones is a person of interest in the case.

Robinson could not be immediately reached for comment Feb. 22.

Jones has faced criminal charges three times -- all involving nightclubs in Tennessee -- since the Titans made the cornerback the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft.

Mitchell, according to the warrant, "admits that he took the money in the bag belonging to Jones because he thought it was for the dancers." After Mitchell left Minxx Gentlemen's Club & Lounge, "a melee broke out," the warrant says.

ChronoCross
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Adam ``Pacman'' Jones, entangled in a triple shooting at a Las Vegas strip club, might not be on the Tennessee Titans' roster next season.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4978

ChronoCross
02-23-2007, 06:35 PM
A Relative of the bouncer has called Mike and the Maddog Show and reported that 7 people over heard the threat that Pac made towards the bouncer that he would be dead before the night was over. Which the bouncer lays in the hospital paralyzed.

tony hipchest
02-23-2007, 06:50 PM
A Relative of the bouncer has called Mike and the Maddog Show and reported that 7 people over heard the threat that Pac made towards the bouncer that he would be dead before the night was over. Which the bouncer lays in the hospital paralyzed.the father of the bouncer has said he is paralyzed from the waist down, and will never walk again.

meanwhile jones has hired the same law firm that represented ray lewis during his nightclub altercation i.e. murder rap.

pac man will throw $80,000 to a bunch of strippers and will spend hundereds of thousands to avoid paying 1 cent of restitution to this paralyzed man. and several years down the road, im sure he will hold out of camp or demand a trade when he decides his $5 mil/ year salary isnt enough.

the sad thing is, the players union kinda has the team handcuffed to make any moves, and even if they didnt the titans would be hesitant just to release and hand over a good player to the bengals w/o compensation.

Godfather
02-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Anklebiter? He keeps this up and he'll be an anklegrabber.

tony hipchest
02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Anklebiter? He keeps this up and he'll be an anklegrabber.:chuckle: this would make a great poll.

so what should pac man change his nickname too?

a) anklebiter
b) anklegrabber
c) anklebracelet or
d) all the above

ChronoCross
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
d all the above. he will not have to worry about it fitting on the back of a jersey but on the back of a prison uniform if justice does it job.

Elvis
02-23-2007, 11:58 PM
:tt02:
Some people just Never learn and I am believing that he is definitely one of them
:helmet:

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2007, 03:13 AM
More Trouble
'Pacman' faces obstruction charges from Ga. incident
Posted: Thursday March 1, 2007 2:07AM; Updated: Thursday March 1, 2007 2:09AM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is scheduled to appear in court in Georgia later this month on obstruction charges from an incident with police last year, The Tennessean reported Wednesday night.

Jones, who has been staying with family and friends near his hometown of Atlanta, was recently accused of being involved in a fight at a Las Vegas strip club that ended in the shootings of two bouncers and a customer. Police have not named any suspects in the case and no one has been charged.

Now Jones is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Fayetteville, Ga., on subpoenas for felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges for an incident outside a home in February 2006, The Tennessean reported on its Web site Wednesday night. Jones owns a home in Fayetteville.

"One of our officers was involved in a traffic stop with him, and after Pacman and others ran into a home, there was a physical altercation between him and the officer, and he was involved in that. He was arrested for that," Police Chief Steve Heaton told the newspaper.

It wasn't immediately known why the charges weren't filed earlier.

The Tennessean also reported that Jones was arrested and charged with marijuana possession in the same county a month later, but the charges were later dismissed.

Worrick Robinson, one of Jones' attorneys, declined comment to the newspaper Wednesday night. Phone messages left late Wednesday night at the offices of Robinson and Atlanta attorney Manny Arora weren't immediately returned.

Mike Pruitt of the Georgia county's Drug Task Force said marijuana was found in two rooms of a home belonging to Jones by officers executing a search warrant. When Jones drove up to the home, Pruitt said he smelled marijuana coming from Jones' car.

"I asked him why his (Corvette) smelled so bad and he said, 'We were smoking it on the way down here from Nashville,"' Pruitt told the newspaper. "Personally, I think the NFL needs to change its drug policy because (players) basically know they are going to get drug tested.

"I asked him, 'Why do you want to throw your career away for a bunch of marijuana junk?' He said, 'I know when I am going to get drug tested, so I quit doing it.' It's just crazy."

Pruitt said he did not know the marijuana charges were dismissed.

The alleged obstruction occurred one night in February when Jones and friends were sitting in a car outside a house around 1 a.m., Heaton said. Police had been monitoring the area for burglaries and when they approached the car there was a verbal confrontation. Jones wasn't suspected of being involved in any burglaries.

"The verbal altercation led to a physical confrontation and they ran into a home they were sitting outside of. We had to run in and get them and there was a physical confrontation with Pacman and he was charged with the felony obstruction," Heaton said. "We had to get physical with him and he got physical with us."

Including the most recently reported Georgia incidents, there have been 10 times Jones has been in trouble and the police have been involved. He has been arrested four times. Charges from a Nashville nightclub incident in July 2005 were dismissed in March 2006. A judge dismissed a simple assault charge for spitting on a woman on Feb. 1.

The Titans have said they are monitoring Jones' legal troubles, but have refused to comment on any of the allegations.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/01/bc.fbn.titans.jones.ap/index.html

ChronoCross
03-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Titans | Jones linked to drug dealer
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:24:59 -0800

News Channel 5 in Nashville, Tenn., reports police wiretaps and documents link Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones to one of the largest drugs rings in recent history. Metro Police busted the ring April 1, 2006. Jones was recorded talking to Darryl Moore, who was the target of the investigation. Evidence showed that Moore may have even done drug deals from Jones' house. The recordings revealed Moore's concern that Jones' smoking pot too much may hurt his career. They also raised questions as to whether Moore was a dealer for Jones. Jones faces no charges at this time.

Titans | A. Jones' family worried about his future
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:29:24 -0800

ESPN.com reports members of Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones' family are concerned about his well-being following his involvement in a Las Vegas strip club incident. "He is the only child my son had, and I worry every day about him. I got this age number - if he can just make it to 26, I think he'll be OK," Jones' grandmother, Willie Louise Davis, said in an interview with the Tennessean. Jones' father was shot and killed when Jones was only five years of age. "But his daddy didn't make it past 26. I worry, and I hope and pray that (Pacman) can go beyond that and many, many more years. Me and his mother both talk about that all the time." "Everybody tries to talk to him," added Jones' uncle, Robert Jones. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him…I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it."

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2007, 03:57 AM
"Everybody tries to talk to him," added Jones' uncle, Robert Jones. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him…I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it."

Maybe a few years in the slammer will teach him a lesson? It's either that or death. Personally, I really don't care what happens to the guy. He's a grown adult. Maybe he should start acting like one? It's his bed. My only concern is that he might take some innocent bystander down with him.

ChronoCross
03-01-2007, 04:02 AM
"Everybody tries to talk to him," added Jones' uncle, Robert Jones. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him?I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it."

Maybe a few years in the slammer will teach him a lesson? It's either that or death. Personally, I really don't care what happens to the guy. He's a grown adult. Maybe he should start acting like one? It's his bed. My only concern is that he doesn't take any innocent bystanders down with him.

I think the biggest point in any team having this out of control kid is will his so called crew shoot some team mates if he gets into it with them. I doubt this kid lives 3 more years at his pace, our stays out of prison which ever comes first. If titans drop him, I am pretty for sure no one will pick him up. Kid has talent and is wasting it because he cannot change his attitude are the people he hangs around with. He is the only destroyer of his own career.

tony hipchest
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10026629/2On Monday night, WTVF-TV aired a wire-tapped phone conversation from a drug investigation in which one of Jones' acquaintances talks about the player's drug use, gambling on college football and not taking football seriously.

"You know, I was talkin' to (Jones) the other day about smokin', and he was like 'Man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,"' said Darryl Moore, who faces charges including conspiracy and possession of cocaine and marijuana for resale.

In the same investigation, police confiscated a 2004 Cadillac XLT with "PAC-MAN" embroidered in the front seats. Jones said he had loaned the car to Moore for use in a rap video, and he bought the car back at auction.

i heard part of the transcripts and his homie was worried that tupacman "shakur" jones wouldnt give up the weed for 30 days to get it out of his system before scheduled NFL testing. sounds like moore was worried about losing his meal ticket.

8 run ins with the law??? make it 10:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10030785

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 1, 2007) -- Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is scheduled to appear in court in Georgia later this month on obstruction charges from an incident with police last year, The Tennessean reported.

Jones, who has been staying with family and friends near his hometown of Atlanta, was recently accused of being involved in a fight at a Las Vegas strip club that ended in the shootings of two bouncers and a customer. Police have not named any suspects in the case and no one has been charged.

Now Jones is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Fayetteville, Ga., on subpoenas for felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges for an incident outside a home in February 2006, The Tennessean reported on its Web site Feb. 28. Jones owns a home in Fayetteville.

"One of our officers was involved in a traffic stop with him, and after Pacman and others ran into a home, there was a physical altercation between him and the officer, and he was involved in that. He was arrested for that," Police Chief Steve Heaton told the newspaper.

It wasn't immediately known why the charges weren't filed earlier.

The Tennessean also reported that Jones was arrested and charged with marijuana possession in the same county a month later, but the charges were later dismissed.

and now sme words of wisdom from pac from the aformentionned case:

When Jones drove up to the home, Pruitt said he smelled marijuana coming from Jones' car.

"I asked him why his (Corvette) smelled so bad and he said, 'We were smoking it on the way down here from Nashville,"' Pruitt told the newspaper. "Personally, I think the NFL needs to change its drug policy because (players) basically know they are going to get drug tested.

"I asked him, 'Why do you want to throw your career away for a bunch of marijuana junk?' He said, 'I know when I am going to get drug tested, so I quit doing it.' It's just crazy."

Pruitt said he did not know the marijuana charges were dismissed.

i got to give it to pacman though. atleast he didnt give the age old line "i be lended my vette to my hommie and he musta blazed a blunt in it- it wasnt me"

oh, and latest reports from his lawyer regarding the vegas incident was that pacman was the victim. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
03-01-2007, 10:25 AM
I think the biggest point in any team having this out of control kid is will his so called crew shoot some team mates if he gets into it with them. I doubt this kid lives 3 more years at his pace, our stays out of prison which ever comes first.

If he was just a regular Joe, he'd probably already be doing 5-10. No sympathy here.

CantStop85
03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Pac Man is trying to beat out the entire Bengals team in number of run-ins with the law.

tony hipchest
03-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Pac Man is trying to beat out the entire Bengals team in number of run-ins with the law.:chuckle: i wonder if theres odds on this in vegas. my moneys on pacman. :dollar:

ChronoCross
03-01-2007, 11:48 PM
RAIN MAN BIT COP
Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper reports that Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones bit a police officer (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=54925) as part of the incident that resulted in felony obstruction charges being filed against him in early 2006.
"Adam Jones would not hold his hands together so the officer could put handcuffs on him to arrest him, and a fight ensued," said a representative of the district attorney's office in Fayette County, Georgia. "That's when he bit the officer on the thumb."
The bite caused the crime to increase from a misdemeanor to a felony.
McCormick also reports that Jones did not disclose the arrest to the team. As we explained on Thursday, failure to report an arrest is in and of itself a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.
McCormick also reports that Jones' mother pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in a March 2006 incident at Jones' home in Fairburn, Georgia. Somehow, charges against Jones were dropped.
"There was marijuana all over the basement, and it was his house," said Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Drug Task Force. "Under constructive possession, that should have been enough for a jury to decide this case."
Does anyone out there think that Jones will ever play pro football again? We sure don't.

verks36
03-02-2007, 06:09 AM
:chuckle: i wonder if theres odds on this in vegas. my moneys on pacman. :dollar:

my money bungles. One guy cant beat a team of guys who are just like him even if he is a part of the largest drug ring in the US

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 01:25 PM
TITANS DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT RAIN MAN'S '06 ARRESTS

That the Tennessee Titans admit that they did not know about the two early 2006 arrests of cornerback Rain Man Jones for obstruction and marijuana possession.

"We were unaware of what happened over a year ago," coach Jeff Fisher said in a radio interview.

And, as we explained last week, the fact that Jones didn't disclose the charges puts him in line for potential discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy, regardless of the outcome of the cases. The marijuana possession charges previously were dismissed, after two other people (including Jones' mother) persuaded authorities that the pot found in Jones' Fayette County, Georgia house was theirs. Felony and misdemeanor obstruction charges, based in part on allegations that Rain Man went Pacman on a police offer in February 2006, are still pending.

The fact that Jones didn't fess up to the charges gives the league an easy way to take serious action against him. An NFL player's failure to report a criminal arrest is, in the Internet age, unprecedented, since word of the incident inevitably makes its way to those like us who are inclined to publicize it. So the NFL can basically pick the penalty, since there's no past event to which this one could be compared.

Though on one hand Jones' failure to report the alleged crimes gives the NFL a silver bullet, if it chooses to use it, for ridding the league of a guy who could find trouble in a convent, taking a firm stand on this point would send a strong message to every other player about the importance of owning up to their transgressions.

Bottom line -- if you fail to come clean, you face serious consequences.

And this is no mere technicality. If/when an active player is accused of a crime, the league wants to be able to evaluate the situation early, long before the Cheese Whiz is made. (If you don't get that one, scroll down.) More importantly, failure to disclose the arrest undermines the integrity of the system. How, after all, can the league take appropriate action against a criminal offender if no one bothers to tell the league that there was a criminal offense?

It really isn't a problem that will come up very often, and we're amazed that the story went undetected for as long as it did. But that's all the more reason for the league to make an example out of Rain Man -- especially since making an example out of him will in this specific case save the Titans and the league from all of the future embarrassments that he is sure to cause.

ChronoCross
03-09-2007, 08:04 PM
TITANS TRYING OUT LIFE WITHOUT RAIN MAN

The Tennessee Titans will reconvene on March 19 for the start of their offseason conditioning program. Cornerback Rain Man Jones won't be invited to attend.

"I don't see him coming back on the 19th," coach Jeff Fisher said at an informal media gathering on Friday. "It depends on the conclusion (of legal matters) and at what point we’re able to finish the fact gathering process."

The Titans went through a similar episode last year, when they refused to allow former quarterback Steve McNair to participate in the offseason program, ostensibly in order to avoid being on the hook for McNair's full salary if he would have dropped a dumbbell on his foot, or some other appendage.

This time around, though, it's unlikely that anyone will be taking up the cause for one of the least sympathetic figures in all of sports. Rain Main deserves anything and everything he gets, and we think it's wise for the Titans to keep him away from the rest of the roster while the team and the league figure out what to do with this guy.

Suitanim
03-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I'll say this...if any one of us committed even half the crimes Pacman has been caught committing (Not the crimes he's actually committed and have been covered up), we'd be in prison for life.

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
:chuckle: this would make a great poll.

so what should pac man change his nickname too?

a) anklebiter
b) anklegrabber
c) anklebracelet or
d) all the above

how about packed :banana: man

ChronoCross
03-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll say this...if any one of us committed even half the crimes Pacman has been caught committing (Not the crimes he's actually committed and have been covered up), we'd be in prison for life.

NFL Players get away with more then any person I have ever heard of. Them judges sure are happy when they pass thru there courts because they know they can buy a new pool are something.

tony hipchest
03-09-2007, 09:10 PM
TITANS TRYING OUT LIFE WITHOUT RAIN MAN

The Tennessee Titans will reconvene on March 19 for the start of their offseason conditioning program. Cornerback Rain Man Jones won't be invited to attend.

"I don't see him coming back on the 19th," coach Jeff Fisher said at an informal media gathering on Friday. "It depends on the conclusion (of legal matters) and at what point we?re able to finish the fact gathering process."

The Titans went through a similar episode last year, when they refused to allow former quarterback Steve McNair to participate in the offseason program, ostensibly in order to avoid being on the hook for McNair's full salary if he would have dropped a dumbbell on his foot, or some other appendage.

This time around, though, it's unlikely that anyone will be taking up the cause for one of the least sympathetic figures in all of sports. Rain Main deserves anything and everything he gets, and we think it's wise for the Titans to keep him away from the rest of the roster while the team and the league figure out what to do with this guy.well this is a nice bit of lip service to give the impression the titans are taking a hard stance, but what team sends out invitations for its active roster members to attend minicamps? word is pacman is due in court that day so the titans could send a limo and a singing telegram invite and pacman still wouldnt be able to attend. its not the titans preventing him to attend, its the courts and immediate jailtime if he fails to show up.

i hope fisher shows less tolerance than marvin lewis in this instance. but then again jones is on #10. in those regards the titans are just as bad as the bungles. perhaps it is because pacman is much better than any bungle who has had a run in with the law. the titans dont really want to cut him cause they know atleast 20 teams would be lining up to sign him.

GBMelBlount
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
it seems eye witnesses and video suveilance show that pac man arrived with and left with the shooter. pac man was said to punch a woman a few times in the face and bite the bouncer.

appearantly this all started during something called the "raindance" where, i guess pac man gets $100 in a stack of ones, throws them up in the air, and the stripper dances in the falling money :rolleyes:. i guess the stripper didnt know proper strip ettiquite and started to scrounge up the dollar bills too soon so she got her ass kicked.

Tony, you are a frickin riot.:toofunny:

ChronoCross
03-10-2007, 10:26 PM
RAIN MAN THREATENED WITH A KNIFE

NewsChannel 5 in Nashville reports that a man threatened Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones with a knife at a bowling alley on Friday night.

Jones reportedly was at the bowling alley with family and friends when Clayton Smith allegedly approached, threatening Jones before pulling a knife.

Smith was arrested on Saturday and charged with aggravated assault.

We assume that Jones was completely blameless, and that he neither said nor did anything to provoke the incident.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
RAIN MAN THREATENED WITH A KNIFE

NewsChannel 5 in Nashville reports that a man threatened Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones with a knife at a bowling alley on Friday night.

Jones reportedly was at the bowling alley with family and friends when Clayton Smith allegedly approached, threatening Jones before pulling a knife.

Smith was arrested on Saturday and charged with aggravated assault.

We assume that Jones was completely blameless, and that he neither said nor did anything to provoke the incident.

Pacman probally gunned down the guys kid because he wouldn't give up his tricycle.

Whatever reason(s) he had to assault Pacman (holy shit,is that his actually name?if so his mom was high when she named him) he probally had the right since the law obviously won't do it's job and put this guy behind bars.

Jeremy
03-11-2007, 11:49 AM
People in Nashville are totally clueless when it comes to this guy. I was reading some comments on a newspaper's website after the Vegas stuff broke and you wouldn't believe the number of said that what happened in Vegas didn't mean anything to them because they needed Jones to win next season.

Just amazing.

ChronoCross
03-11-2007, 04:16 PM
People in Nashville are totally clueless when it comes to this guy. I was reading some comments on a newspaper's website after the Vegas stuff broke and you wouldn't believe the number of said that what happened in Vegas didn't mean anything to them because they needed Jones to win next season.

Just amazing.

I have seen some of them fans like that even fans of other teams said because he is a star they will let him play anyways. That the team will not care about the 10 cases that pac has been involved in since he came into the NFL.

To me, I could care less how much talent the kid has, what if he gets into it with other players on the team, you know he will have his boys shoot up the locker room and then say he was not there and does not know the shooter again. As he bites youngs ankle before being dragged out. He needs kicked out of the league and all his and any forth coming money sent to all the victims family he has already ruined, and most of it to the bouncer who can never walk again.

Godfather
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Pacman probally gunned down the guys kid because he wouldn't give up his tricycle.

Whatever reason(s) he had to assault Pacman (holy shit,is that his actually name?if so his mom was high when she named him) he probally had the right since the law obviously won't do it's job and put this guy behind bars.

His real name is Adam. Pac-Man was a nickname he got when he was little, due to his voracious appetite.

ChronoCross
03-11-2007, 08:39 PM
His real name is Adam. Pac-Man was a nickname he got when he was little, due to his voracious appetite.

his voracious appetite was all the neighbors ankles.

ChronoCross
03-11-2007, 09:11 PM
FISHER, ADAMS AT ODDS ON RAIN MAN?

David Climer of the Nashville Tennessean writes that there are rumors that the latest problems involving cornerback Rain Man Jones have owner Bud Adams and coach Jeff Fisher taking different positions on how to deal with Jones.

Adams, as the theory goes, thinks that there is too much time and money invested in the talented but troubled two-year pro to justify cutting him. Fisher, on the other hand, is supposedly ready to move on.

Climer also suggests that Jones' failure to disclose his February 2006 and March 2006 could be a violation of Jones' contract, and that as a result the team could possibly "jettison Jones without taking a significant financial hit."

Frankly, this makes no sense to us. The CBA makes it clear that a team's options for disciplining a player are limited, and any clause in an individual player contract to the contrary is generally prohibited. Also, there's no provision in the CBA (to our knowledge) that would give a team cap relief if it elects to launch a turd.

So, if the Titans choose to cut Rain Man, they'll take the full acceleration of his unallocated signing and option bonus money. And they'd potentially face a grievance alleging that the release violates the CBA.

ChronoCross
03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
RAIN MAN'S LAWYER SHOULD SHUT UP

Lawyers who represent high-profile individuals face a strong temptation on a daily basis. We lawyers generally like to talk, since we talk for a living. And we lawyers generally like to make a name for ourselves, since making a name for ourselves is a much more respectable way to attract potential clients than, say, producing television commercials featuring a talking dog or dancing bears.

But while it's usually in the lawyer's own self-interests to get his or her name in the paper, it's not always in the client's best interests for the lawyer to be blabbing.

As to Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones, lawyer Manny Arora seems to be holding daily press briefings. And we've yet to come away from any of the articles containing Arora quotes thinking, "Wow, we think that's a great point and it makes us feel a lot better about his client."

This time around, Arora tells Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper that Jones could be facing a suspension from the NFL.

"Based on NFL policies, it may be a realistic possibility," Arora said. "We're hoping for the best, but we're prepared for the worst, because we don't want to get caught off guard."

Good point, Manny. But keep it to yourself. Jones' past unpredictability could be making the NFL and the union ponder this issue a bit more carefully, since a stiff suspension could prompt Jones to engage the league in a nasty public grievance process. With Arora making it clear that Jones already has his tail between his legs, the league is more likely to smack him hard.

In our view, it would be far better for Arora to be talking not to the media but to the league. If he realizes that Jones is likely to be suspended, Arora should be negotiating an agreed suspension on Jones' behalf. The gesture could prompt the NFL to conclude that Jones is finally willing to take responsibility for his actions, and it could salvage a career that is in danger of going down the drain forever.

Livinginthe past
03-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Exclusive footage of the Pacman bowling alley incident comes to light. (Courtesy of PFT)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/PacmanKnife.jpg

ChronoCross
03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
RAIN MAN RUNNING SCARED?

A judge on Tuesday agreed to delay a court appearance by Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones, so that Jones and his lawyers could better determine how the NFL might react to a potential plea deal.

Jones is facing felony and misdemeanor charges of obstruction. The factual allegations include a claim that Rain Man went Pacman on an officer's hand.

The appearance has been rescheduled for May 14.

It sounds to us like Jones is thinking about pleading guilty to something, and that his lawyer is hoping that the league will give him an idea as to what kind of a penalty Jones will suffer under the Personal Conduct Policy after a plea is entered.

Of course, there's no requirement that the NFL tell Jones what it plans to do with him if he pleads guilty to a felony or a misdemeanor, or both. Our guess is that the NFL will tell Jones to take care of his situation as he sees fit, and that the league will take up the matter after the criminal process is concluded.

tony hipchest
03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
his voracious appetite was all the neighbors ankles.appearantly in one of the latest charges that have resurfaced he bit a cop in the hand. maybe he thought he was holding an "energy pellet"

his court date (for which altercation i have no idea) has conviniently been rescheduled for mid-may. i wonder if he will receive that "invitation" to attend mini camps now. im pretty sure if he wants to go and the team tries to lock him out the players union will step in. this hardlined stance (lip service) supposedly taken by the titans could back fire.

ChronoCross
03-14-2007, 01:41 PM
appearantly in one of the latest charges that have resurfaced he bit a cop in the hand. maybe he thought he was holding an "energy pellet"

his court date (for which altercation i have no idea) has conviniently been rescheduled for mid-may. i wonder if he will receive that "invitation" to attend mini camps now. im pretty sure if he wants to go and the team tries to lock him out the players union will step in. this hardlined stance (lip service) supposedly taken by the titans could back fire.

I doubt he gets to come to camp. I think there seriously considering cutting all ties with anklebiter and are waiting for any and what ever chargers that go thru that hopefully he is found guilty so that they can use some sort of loop hole in the contracts to save some type of wasted money on this kid. Sad thing is the kid has talent and could be very good in the NFL for a long time but yet waste his life in the gutters. And since he has shown he will not change after all the deals he has been in it will be best for them to break all ties..

Livinginthe past
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
appearantly in one of the latest charges that have resurfaced he bit a cop in the hand. maybe he thought he was holding an "energy pellet"

I heard that 'Pac-man' became convinced after eating the pellet that the policeman would start to flash blue and white.

Turns out it was just the lights from the patrol car.

ChronoCross
03-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Time to get tough

NFL may take swift action, suspend Pacman

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/don_banks/03/20/nfl.discipline/p1_pacman.jpg
Pacman Jones has been involved in 10 incidents where he was either arrested or interviewed by police since Tennessee selected him sixth overall in the 2005 NFL Draft.
Robert Skeoch/WireImage

The NFL may soon hand down the kind of decision that could highlight Roger Goodell's brief reign as commissioner and put the spotlight squarely on his efforts to strengthen the league's personal conduct policy. Sources within the league office say the NFL is likely to set an example with its punishment of troubled Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman'' Jones, suspending him even before the legal process from a Las Vegas strip club brawl in February is complete. The suspension could wipe out his entire 2007 season.
In close collaboration with the NFL Players Association, Goodell is spearheading a drive to increase the league sanctions that can be levied against a player who runs afoul of the law. Owners are expected to adopt stricter punishment levels next week at the NFL's annual meeting in Scottsdale, Ariz. -- a move brought on by the arrests of more than 50 NFL players since the start of 2006.
Jones has emerged as the poster child for the league's litany of off-field player conduct issues, with a record of 10 incidents where he was either arrested or interviewed by police since Tennessee selected him sixth overall in the 2005 NFL Draft. According to a source in the league office, the NFL doesn't have to wait to see if Jones is ultimately charged for having any role in the Las Vegas strip club triple-shooting that left one man paralyzed. Jones is already subject to league suspension for not telling the Titans about a pair of 2006 arrests in Georgia, which violates his contract's personal conduct clause.
"I don't think [the NFL] will have to wait for the legal process to take its course in this particular situation,'' the source said. "Not in the case where the player has failed to report arrests and transgressions, like he's mandated to do under the terms of the personal conduct clause in his contract.
"We can't tell the Titans that he won't play for them ever again, because the Titans, at the end of the day, will determine his long-term future. But the league will determine his short-term future. You should see something within a two or three-week time frame, and I would think you could expect a multiple-game suspension, or as much as a year or beyond.''
Jones is set to appear in a Fayetteville, Ga., court in mid-May for a February 2006 incident in which he was charged with felony obstruction of police for biting an officer between his thumb and index finger. The police had sought to question him while he was sitting in a car outside the home owned by his girlfriend's parents. A marijuana possession charge from March 2006 in Georgia was dismissed in January.

Read rest of article - This is just the first page of it;
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/20/nfl.discipline/index.html

ChronoCross
03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Titans | A. Jones' future with team could be decided this week
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:55:20 -0700

ESPN.com reports Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher says a decision on the future of CB Adam Jones' with the team will likely be made "by the end of the week," according to The New York Daily News. "Pac on the field is an exceptional player. Off the field, he's got some things to work out. That's all I can comment on," Fisher said when asked by the newspaper if he wanted Jones to return.

ChronoCross
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Las Vegas police to seek charges against 'Pacman' Jones

LAS VEGAS (AP) Tennessee Titans star Adam "Pacman" Jones could face felony and misdemeanor charges stemming from a triple shooting at a strip club in February.
Advertisment

Jones would face a felony charge of coercion and misdemeanor threat and battery charges in the 5 a.m. shooting at Minxx, police Lt. George Castro said Monday.

Castro said detectives haven't determined who fired the shots that wounded three people, one critically, outside the club on the weekend of the NBA All-Star game.

Castro said police will submit the request for charges to Clark County district attorney David Roger no later than the end of the week. Roger will be asked to consider charges against the 23-year-old Jones and Robert Reid, 37, and Sadia Morrison, 24, whom Castro described as friends of Jones.

Police are still investigating the shooting.

tony hipchest
03-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Las Vegas police to seek charges against 'Pacman' Jones

LAS VEGAS (AP) Tennessee Titans star Adam "Pacman" Jones could face felony and misdemeanor charges stemming from a triple shooting at a strip club in February.
Advertisment

Jones would face a felony charge of coercion and misdemeanor threat and battery charges in the 5 a.m. shooting at Minxx, police Lt. George Castro said Monday.

Castro said detectives haven't determined who fired the shots that wounded three people, one critically, outside the club on the weekend of the NBA All-Star game.

Castro said police will submit the request for charges to Clark County district attorney David Roger no later than the end of the week. Roger will be asked to consider charges against the 23-year-old Jones and Robert Reid, 37, and Sadia Morrison, 24, whom Castro described as friends of Jones.

Police are still investigating the shooting.this is gonna be a high profile case if it ever goes to court. tthe district atty is throwing in felony coercion as a bargaining chip for a plea bargain and pacmans "i got ray lewis off light" lawyer, will probably have no choice but to accept.

if godell suspends pacman before a trial, a jury pool could be potentially tainted. this is the angle i would work if my client actually forced my hand to take it to trial. either way, i dont see how jones can come out of this one clean unless the nfl holds off on any punitive action until the case is settled.

very wierd. if the nfl waits pacman will be looked at as innocent until proven guilty. if the nfl takes action he will be looked at as guilty before trial.

i wonder if this will influence the impending nfl decision any?

Livinginthe past
03-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Looks Pac-man gets to meet with the main man.

Adam "Pacman" Jones will meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on April 3 to discuss the Tennessee Titans cornerback's run-ins with the law.

A person within the league familiar with Jones' situation told The Associated Press that a hearing will occur April 3. That person requested anonymity because the hearing has not been announced.

Goodell is unlikely to make any decision on a suspension or fine at that time, because the commissioner's new, stricter player conduct policy has not been completed.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10091721

ChronoCross
04-02-2007, 12:31 PM
G.M.'S CALL FOR GOODELL TO PUNISH PACMAN

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports that various NFL General Managers are calling for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to smack Titans cornerback Pacman Jones in the wake of Tuesday's meeting between Goodell and Jones.

"It has to be a hard punishment because [Goodell] has made a big thing about it," one G.M. told Myers. "Whatever the courts do, [Goodell's] got to come down hard on him. Everybody is watching, so he is going to take it to the limit."

"God Almighty, [Jones has] a litany of legal problems," another G.M. said. "We have to make a statement when these kids come into the draft and when these college free agents come into the NFL. If they have a history of problems coming from colleges, we have to get them some help right away, but they also have to know they are literally one step away from being suspended."

Myers also confirms our recent report that the front-office types were briefed about spotting signs of gang activity during last week's meetings in Arizona. "[I]t was brainwashing," one G.M. told Myers regarding the extent of the focus on player behavior at the meetings. "Not only us, our wives. They had seminars for the wives. They brought an FBI person in and he talked to us about gangs and that we have to be more alert, ask more questions, look for more signs about character. They got the message across loud and clear."

The next challenge, as we see it, is for the message to get across loud and clear to the players. Because even as the muckety-mucks were mingling at the Biltmore while digesting a helping of caviar with a side of convict talk, players continued to spend their offseason getting arrested.

PFT

fansince'76
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Surprise, surprise - "Pacman" is basically refusing to own up to anything he's done and is only concerned about the NFL "taking away his dream" (Realplayer required):

http://images.nfl.com/video/homepage/2006/0404-9.ram

To Pacman: hey dumbass, ever stop to think about the guy who's now in a wheelchair?

Elvis
04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
pac man was on NFL Network tonight sayin' " oh, I am gonna change now, I am not gonna hang out with the wrong people no more" hmmmm.... We'll See:blah:
Jesus Loves You:hug:
Elvis

tony hipchest
05-10-2007, 04:40 PM
good luck with your appeal, idiot! :dang: since your in nyc to get reammed by the commish you might as well go out clubbing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866310

Goodell aware of Jones' pre-hearing visit to club
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

On the eve of his appeal to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Adam "Pacman" Jones probably should avoid what he did the last time he was in New York for the meeting that led to his one-year suspension.

Jones went to a strip club, sources close to the league, the NFL Players Association and Jones have confirmed.

The night before his April 3 meeting with Goodell to talk about his off-field conduct, Jones made a late-night trip to an adult New York club. Jones was spotted inside the club shortly after he had a face-to-face meeting with two leading veteran players, Takeo Spikes and Troy Vincent, who traveled to New York to urge Jones to clean up his act.

ChronoCross
05-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Titans | Jones caught speeding
Fri, 11 May 2007 14:22:16 -0700

The Associated Press reports Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones received a ticket for speeding in Nashville Monday, May 7. Jones was also cited for not having his driver's license with him while driving.

LOL he cannot stay out of anything dealing with trouble..

ChronoCross
05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Titans | A. Jones missed league-mandated activity
Fri, 11 May 2007 12:23:28 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones missed one of his league-mandated counseling sessions.

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Missing league mandated activity. Just goes to show you how he's gone down the shoot.

Elvis
05-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Just another NFL joke in my opinion. The commissioner must get this junk under control and make a believer out of these players
:tt02: :helmet:

Elvis
05-13-2007, 06:51 AM
If the commissioner doesnt get these players under control soon it will be worst than the NBA ever thought about being. He must make an example soon and why not make it now? I hope of course that the young man gets his life straightened out but someone has got to teach these guys a lesson. They all think that they are above the law I guess..!!!

ChronoCross
05-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Kinda late but might as well keep everything here;

Pacman's lawyers hint at suing NFL
If appeal denied, Titans cornerback has legal option

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Pacman Jones was in New York on Friday for Round 2 with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, hoping to get his one-year suspension reduced as part of an appeal process.

If the Titans cornerback isn't satisfied with Goodell's decision, however, there's a chance Jones and his attorneys could take things a step further by filing a federal lawsuit against the NFL.

Full Article; ( Long In Depth if you fell like reading )
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070512/SPORTS01/705120363/1027

tony hipchest
05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
while pacman is still visiting strip clubs and getting speeding tickets, i wonder who the paralyzed bouncer will sue...

what a moron.

fansince'76
05-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Kinda late but might as well keep everything here;

Pacman's lawyers hint at suing NFL
If appeal denied, Titans cornerback has legal option

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Pacman Jones was in New York on Friday for Round 2 with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, hoping to get his one-year suspension reduced as part of an appeal process.

If the Titans cornerback isn't satisfied with Goodell's decision, however, there's a chance Jones and his attorneys could take things a step further by filing a federal lawsuit against the NFL.

Full Article; ( Long In Depth if you fell like reading )
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070512/SPORTS01/705120363/1027

Attaboy, Adam - way to "take your medicine" and "accept the punishment that is doled out to you" like you said you would. Tool.

ChronoCross
05-13-2007, 05:27 PM
while pacman is still visiting strip clubs and getting speeding tickets, i wonder who the paralyzed bouncer will sue...

what a moron.

I think when all is said and done, Pac and his crew will pay for that. What was there 7 witnesses who said they heard Pac say to the bouncer he would not leave there alive and then after all the shooting, Pac got in the truck with the shooter. Someone will pay and I hope they pay dearly for what they did to that guy.

rbryan
05-14-2007, 08:58 AM
I predict he never plays another down in the NFL. He's gonna end up doing some hard time over the Vegas incident.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Jones drops appeal of one-year NFL suspension: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2901842

I'm sure this decision will eventually drop his suspension from one year to maybe ten games. I wouldn't be suprised these days.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
That's shocking.

ChronoCross
06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Titans | Police and courts: A. Jones
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:58:10 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports Las Vegas police will take their case against Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones to a district attorney in hopes of moving forward with charges against Jones. Police have been investigating Jones' role in a Feb. 19 strip club incident that ended with a triple shooting. Police have recommended that the district attorney file charges of felony coercion, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor threats to life against Jones.

ChronoCross
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Titans | Agent says Jones' DNA not linked to Vegas incident
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:28:32 -0700

Updating a previous item, Chris Mortensen, of ESPN.com, reports the agent for Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones, Michael Huyghue, says Jones has provided DNA samples that twice have tested negative in connection with a fight inside a Las Vegas strip club Feb. 19. Jones gave saliva samples to Las Vegas police, who traveled to Atlanta, Jones' hometown, to collect it. Jones voluntarily submitted his DNA to Las Vegas police "more than a month ago," according to Huyghue.

Now this cracks me up. Does he think that since he given DNA that gets him off scott free. What about the witnesses that heard him tell the bouncer he would not walk out of there alive. What about the ankle biting of the bouncer as he was drug out. What about the bouncer who lays in the hospital who can never walk again. Not to mention anklebiter got into the truck with the shooter who he says he does not know and says he did not get in the same truck with. Not to mention the shooter is one of his friends he hangs out with. Not to mention there is witnesses to all of this.

Now if he does get off scott free he sure did sign some big checks for a lot of people.

stlrtruck
06-13-2007, 01:33 PM
It goes back to the swimming pools the judges own in the McNair thread I believe. Just too lazy to look it up right now.