PDA

View Full Version : Ron Rivera

rhino
02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Is it safe to say it's a good thing the Steelers didn't end up hiring this guy? Maybe he wasn't as great of a candidate as everyone thought? If he was, maybe the Bears would have retained him as DC and maybe the Chargers would have hired him as DC instead of LB coach. I only bring this up because I remember some people were completely convinced Rivera was the guy and now look at him.

fansince'76
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
My honest feeling is that if the Rooneys felt he was truly the best candidate, they would have waited until after the SB to make the hire.

ajs8207
02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I honestly think the only reason he wasn't retained by the Bears was because Lovie Smith wanted to make sure there wasn't a well qualified coach waiting in the wings when his contract expires next year.

SteelShooter
02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I honestly think the only reason he wasn't retained by the Bears was because Lovie Smith wanted to make sure there wasn't a well qualified coach waiting in the wings when his contract expires next year.

Touche' Le *****cat

IESteel
02-20-2007, 09:00 PM
He's had 8 interviews for a head coaching job and got passed up for every one. Maybe there's something we're not seeing. I wonder if the poor showing his defense had at the super bowl has made everybody doubt his skills.

ChronoCross
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Already a big thread on Rivera;

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15099

klick81
02-21-2007, 10:55 AM

Machiavelli like even.

NickersonsBadThings
02-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Rivera ticked Lovie off because he was running around trying to get other head coaching jobs when the Bears were in the middle of trying to evaluate free agents and draft picks. I don't blame Lovie. Hey, the guy would have done the same thing the next year. Same thing with Wisenhunt here. If he didn't get the Arizona OR this job, he would have kept on interviewing next year.

coachspeak33
02-22-2007, 12:31 PM
How much should we appreciate a guy like Dick Lebeau.... A TON.