PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert- "we're not as good as we need to be"

tony hipchest
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
colbert spoke today to sirius radio from the combine and when talking about how they have no cap space said, "the good news is we have all of our starters back but the bad news is they were 8-8. were not as good as we need to be. we need to have more competition and the way you get that is through the draft." is he

a) worried
b) lighting a fire under the players ass
c) ready to give tomlin a pass on another 8-8 season
d) thinking its time to re tool and overhaul (maybe not this year, but the next)
e) just babbling and should stay away from tv or radio interviews

Mosca
02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
A, B, and D. But since he's basically getting the whole team back, I'd say primarily B.

fansince'76
02-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I have to pick B - we were about 20-25 turnovers away from being 12-4 or even 13-3 as opposed to 8-8. We gift wrapped and gave away alot more games (1st Cincy game, San Diego, Falcons, Raiders, Denver) this past season than we lost.

coachspeak33
02-22-2007, 12:26 PM
maybe colbert is thrilled to not have a coach that will organize his depth chart everyonce in a while.....ya know play the players who give you the best chance to win today and not three years ago.

yinzer-inseattle
02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
B and thank goodness for that. After last year, everyone needs to step up.

SteelerFanInCA
02-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I definitley think he is trying to light a fire under their asses. Have to agree with the damn turn overs last year. We were in a lot of those games but just gave them away in the end.

I think he is also looking to increase the competiton levels coming into camp. I guess a way of keeping these guys honest. That works for me.

Stainless Steel
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
I voted getting ready to retool. He needs cash for the draft. He is getting ready to give some high dollar players their walking papers to make room for some new players.

Stainless Steel
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Water boy! Is that what I am? :sofunny:

HometownGal
02-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I voted getting ready to retool. He needs cash for the draft. He is getting ready to give some high dollar players their walking papers to make room for some new players.

That's where I'm at on Colbert's comments, Stainless. Out with (some) of the old, in with the new. It will be interesting to see what develops over the next couple of months.

MACH1
02-22-2007, 05:57 PM
That's where I'm at on Colbert's comments, Stainless. Out with (some) of the old, in with the new. It will be interesting to see what develops over the next couple of months.

Yep- I agree. These guys need to see that their not irreplaceable and unfortunately it may start with Joey.

ChronoCross
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Not worried.

Stainless Steel
02-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Not worried.
Me neither. The Roonies know what they are doing and have had a history of not hanging on to players too long.