PDA

View Full Version : Wonderlic Sample Test

steelerbackr4life
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Below are some sample questions that are on the wonderlic test that is given to all prospective NFL draft picks at the anual combine. The real test has 50 questions and it is scored on a grade of 1-50

Here are some of the notable scores from past draftees.
Alex Smith ? 40 (2005)
Ryan Fitzpatrick ? 50 (2005)
Eli Manning ? 39 (2004)
Philip Rivers ? 40 (2004)
Ben Roethlisberger ? 25 (2004)
Ell Roberson ? 11 (2004)
Drew Henson ? 42 (2003)
Tee Martin ? 11 (2000)
Heath Shuler ? 16 (1994)
Drew Bledsoe ? 37 (1993)
Jeff George ? 10 (1990)
Dan Marino ? 14 (1983)

Take a stab at it. Grab the stop watch set it for 2 minutes and forty seconds

1. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:

1. True
2. False
3. Not certain

The boy plays baseball. All baseball players wear hats. The boy wears a hat.

2. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will 4 pads cost?

3. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates? Nieman, K.M. Neiman, K.M.
Thomas, G.K. Thomas, C.K.
Hoff, J.P. Hoff, J.P.
Pino, L.R. Pina, L.R.
Warner, T.S. Wanner, T.S.

4. PRESENT, RESENT ? Do these words: 1. Have similar meanings
2. Have contradictory meanings
3. Mean neither the same nor opposite

5. A train travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?

6. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?

7. The ninth month of the year is: 1. October
2. January
3. June
4. September
5. May

8. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

9. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?

10. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

11. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one: 1. True
2. False
3. Not certain

Tom greeted Beth. Beth greeted Dawn. Tom did not greet Dawn.

12. A boy is 17 years old and his sister is twice as old. When the boy is 23 years old, what will be the age of his sister?

Time's up.

How'd you do? Check the answers below, and multiply the amount you got right by 4.16.

1. True 2. 84 cents 3. 1 4. 3 5. 300 feet 6. 6 feet 7. September 8. .33 9. 17 10. $560 11. not certain 12. 40 years old

Godfather
02-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Special Bengals version:

1. True
2. False
3. Not certain

The girl is 15. The age of consent is 16. The girl is jailbait.

2. Weed sells for $25 per quarter ounce. What will 2 ounces cost?

3. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
Simple assault, Assault and battery
DUI, DWI
disturbing the peace, resisting arrest
possession of drug paraphernilia, possession of drug paraphernilia
Hit and run, hit and run

4. INDICT, ARREST — Do these words: 1. Have similar meanings

5. A car fleeing from the police travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?

6. When crack is selling at $10 a rock, how many rocks can you buy for sixty dollars?

7. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

5 to 10

8. In pronouncing a community service sentence of 480 hours, a judge decides to count indoor and outdoor service differently, with an hour of outdoor service counting for 90 minutes. If the convict works 200 hours outdoors, how many hours of indoor work does he need to perform to complete his sentence?

9. A pimp and two hookers form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

10. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one: 1. True
2. False
3. Not certain

Reggie has an AK-47. Chris has a knife. Reggie has Chris's wallet.

Time's up, or you just ran out of fingers.

lilyoder6
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
that was fuuny for the bengals... :lol:

qwertzxcv2003
02-23-2007, 03:14 AM
wonderlic = useless

Preacher
02-24-2007, 12:15 AM
It is not useless...

What it does is shows how quickly a person can reason under stress of time. It correlates to a few things... can a QB quickly check off receives and make decisions? If they can't do some simply math under stress, they may not be able to make judgement decisions under stress as well.

Of course, some people just don't test well. Others don't tranlates instinct to thought process (which was probably Bradshaw's problem).

Suitanim
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
He-he-he-he...

I remember the first time we did this. It was around the time Vince Young turned out to be illiterate and the NFL covered for him just like UT did.

Anyway, I took a sample test and made the (now) obvious mistake of posting up how quickly I got all 10 answers right. I did so to make a point about how easy the test was, not to compete with anyone...however, within a post or two, remarkably, LITP smoked my score. In fact, I think he answered all 10 questions correctly in less time than a human could actually read the ten questions, but, again, I digress.

Needless to say, between me, koopa and LITP, let's just forget about the wonderlic.

BOXCAR JOEY
03-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Special Bengals version:

1. True
2. False
3. Not certain

The girl is 15. The age of consent is 16. The girl is jailbait.

2. Weed sells for $25 per quarter ounce. What will 2 ounces cost?

3. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
Simple assault, Assault and battery
DUI, DWI
disturbing the peace, resisting arrest
possession of drug paraphernilia, possession of drug paraphernilia
Hit and run, hit and run

4. INDICT, ARREST ? Do these words: 1. Have similar meanings

5. A car fleeing from the police travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?

6. When crack is selling at $10 a rock, how many rocks can you buy for sixty dollars?

7. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

5 to 10

8. In pronouncing a community service sentence of 480 hours, a judge decides to count indoor and outdoor service differently, with an hour of outdoor service counting for 90 minutes. If the convict works 200 hours outdoors, how many hours of indoor work does he need to perform to complete his sentence?

9. A pimp and two hookers form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

10. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one: 1. True
2. False
3. Not certain

Reggie has an AK-47. Chris has a knife. Reggie has Chris's wallet.

Time's up, or you just ran out of fingers.

Omg that was funny. I fell out of my chair i laughed so hard!

polamalufan43
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM
You guys are terrible:flap: lol

~Polamalufan43:tt02: