PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers History

KDawg
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I won The Complete Steelers History 2 Disc DVD set off eBay ...I was just wondering anyones thoughts on the set is it really COMPLETE...or just boring or whatever your thoughts....while I wait for it in the mail..Thanks guys..

Atlanta Dan
02-23-2007, 10:00 PM
The Steelers History DVD is great - beware of the Steelers 70s Super Bowls DVD where they package the 4 SB highlight films you have seen forever on ESPN with pretty much (at least to me) worthless highlights of the NFL seasons for those 4 years

Indy_Steelers
02-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I like it a lot

Fullback&Punter
02-26-2007, 08:17 AM
I love it! I watched it like 5 times the week leading up to SuperBowl XL! I love the old stuff. Great highlights I'd never seen before from 40's, 50's, and 60's.

The clips of Cowher really got me pumped up for the Super Bowl last year.

Unless there is a new version it stops the year before the Super Bowl season

PisnNapalm
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I bought the Steelers History DVD set when it first came out. I don't know how many times I've watched it. It's a must have for any Steelers fan.

polamalufan43
02-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I bought the Steelers History DVD set when it first came out. I don't know how many times I've watched it. It's a must have for any Steelers fan.

Sounds like a good thing to watch.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

The Duke
02-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I bought it last week with the Super Bowl XL Dvd. They are both great.
And with that a great Favre dvd.:smile:

sixstringlass
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I won The Complete Steelers History 2 Disc DVD set off eBay ...I was just wondering anyones thoughts on the set is it really COMPLETE...or just boring or whatever your thoughts....while I wait for it in the mail..Thanks guys..

It's NOT boring. I bought it for my Dad for Christmas, and I just got to start watching it yesterday (so it's funny that I run across this thread now). At any rate, there is a lot of cool stuff on there, and I enjoyed every minute of it I've gotten to see so far. Definitely worth the money.

Charity

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Well worth the money. I learned lots about the early Steelers I never knew.

Indy_Steelers
02-26-2007, 07:56 PM
The most interesting thing that I learned is that Dan Rooney did not buy the Canton Bulldogs and bring them to Pittsburgh with gambling money. He did however keep them afloat for many years with his gambling money.

And on a side note, I saw an interview from the Pittsburgh Channel with Myron Cope about the whole Penguins deal and weather or not Mario would keep them there and he mention that Dan Rooney had 5 opportunities to move the Steelers from Pittsburgh but Dan Rooney Said, "Money is not my God."

drew102e
02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
forgot about the DVD, gotta pick that up, i have the superbowl DVD and its sweet

iloveben7
02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
It is definately worth it because it's about the STEELERS and you learn lots of new stuff!! One day last year I was watching the DVD and the next day we went to the Steelers Sideline store and if you answered the question right you got a sticker. The question asked something about head coaches and I got it right because I watched the DVD!!