PDA

View Full Version : Jake the snake to retire?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-24-2007, 02:21 AM
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/local_story_053192200.html

There's been talk that the Broncos might trade quarterback Jake Plummer, but what if Plummer doesn't want to play football anymore?

CBS4 Sports has learned that Plummer is "seriously considering retirement."

This season Plummer was replaced by rookie Jay Cutler, and since then there's been speculation about whether Plummer would return as a backup or get traded to a team like the Houston Texans.

Cutler told CBS4 on Thursday he and Plummer have talked about retirement.

"I think anybody close to Jake, who knows him on a personal level, if he came in one day and said 'I'm outta here' ... it wouldn't be a big surprise," Cutler told CBS4's Vic Lombardi. "But he's competitor. I know he loves the game and loves Sundays, so if he came back I wouldn't be surprised that way either."

Plummer doesn't crave the limelight and he doesn't spend much money.

"So he really could just walk away and go live in a mountain hut somewhere," CBS4's Reggie Rivers joked Thursday night.

Preacher
02-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Hmmm...

Can anyone say OAKLAND?!?!?!

MACH1
02-24-2007, 03:32 AM
I could see him with the Texans.

silver & black
02-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Hmmm...

Can anyone say OAKLAND?!?!?!

I'll pass. There is only one Snake... and he never wore a donko uniform!

fansince'76
02-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Another victim of the "Elway Legacy" bites the dust....

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I think Houston could use him. They have an offensive guaranteed to have him sacked 70+ times per season :rofl:

NV STEELERS 723
02-25-2007, 01:15 AM
I think Jake and Joey Porter should go play w/ the Raiders....they could use 2 more losers.

silver & black
02-25-2007, 08:40 AM
I think Jake and Joey Porter should go play w/ the Raiders....they could use 2 more losers.

Why do you call those two losers? Jake just isn't that good. There is nothing in his charecter that makes him a loser. Porter played well for your team. He did the right thing after talking with Cowher... he kept his mouth shut and played football.

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Jake The Snake Was A Wrestler
(Or Is He A NFL Player)

Jake (the Snake) Plummer is (or was) QB for the Broncos. However, the guy has never been a good enough QB to deserve a nickname, IMO. I'm with silver & black on this one - as far as NFL QBs are concerned there was only one "Snake" and his name was Ken Stabler.

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 09:26 AM
OK, Because I Was All Confused
I Don't Like The Broncos :|

No problem - I live in Denver and am force-fed Broncos news 24x7 during football season. I'm what you might call a "captive audience." :chuckle:

Stainless Steel
02-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Jake would be a good 2nd stringer. There is plenty of room for this in the NFL. Too many players make it an all or nothing scenario. It doesn't need to be that way.

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Jake would be a good 2nd stringer. There is plenty of room for this in the NFL. Too many players make it an all or nothing scenario. It doesn't need to be that way.

I agree, Plummer would make an excellent backup. However, Plummer has made it very clear that he doesn't want to carry a clipboard.

sumo
02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Being from AZ, I have seen Plummer play as much as anyone - I watched his whole college career and then followed him into the pros w/ the Cards - I think he's a decent QB - his senior year at ASU was one of the most exciting seasons I have ever seen for any QB ever ...he could play just about anywhere and be servicable, but he will always have that tendency to be reckless and make dumb mistakes...

NV STEELERS 723
02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Why do you call those two losers? Jake just isn't that good. There is nothing in his charecter that makes him a loser. Porter played well for your team. He did the right thing after talking with Cowher... he kept his mouth shut and played football.

Peezy was a good LB for us...but he talks too much , and at his level now he can't back it up....I'm sorry for always taking shots at the Raiders, ... I will work on it... I think everybody has a team they can't stomach , and for me its always been the Raiders.... AND I grew up 3 hrs from there!!!!!...

As for Jake...he always seems to choke.....he reminds me of Neil O'Donnel and Kordell....chokes in the big game!

Newzfoxjr
02-25-2007, 07:02 PM
No problem - I live in Denver and am force-fed Broncos news 24x7 during football season. I'm what you might call a "captive audience." :chuckle:

It's just as bad in Pueblo, where I live. x_x

Anyway, I think it'd be cool to see him with the Texans.

yinzer-inseattle
02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Jake needs a reality check. Where else is he going to get paid millions to play (and possibly compete). He may not like the role but there are always teams looking for a solid #2. Sounds like he's got a little bit of the Brister complex.

silver & black
02-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Peezy was a good LB for us...but he talks too much , and at his level now he can't back it up....I'm sorry for always taking shots at the Raiders, ... I will work on it... I think everybody has a team they can't stomach , and for me its always been the Raiders.... AND I grew up 3 hrs from there!!!!!...

As for Jake...he always seems to choke.....he reminds me of Neil O'Donnel and Kordell....chokes in the big game!

No need to apologize for taking shots at the Raiders. This is your forum, I'm a member here, but I still consider myself a guest. If you don't like them, you don't like them. I come here because I like the atmosphere and intelligent football talk, not to get sympathy for the Raiders... which I would not expect on a Steelers site. :sofunny:

Hines0wnz
02-28-2007, 07:26 PM

:jawdrop:

A bit on the harsh side there eh.

:ouch: