PDA

View Full Version : Starks/Washington Rumor

SCSTILLER
02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Friend of mine from Florida (Gator grad) said that he read an article saying that the Steelers released Max and Nate. I have been trying to find the article or something with any truth on this subject. Anybody else heard anything or did my buddy pick the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-24-2007, 08:53 AM
I haven't heard anything so maybe he stopped sniffing glue.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2007, 08:56 AM
There have been no reports of those rumors here in Pittsburgh. If that were the case I believe it would be in the PPG and Trib-Review. I believe your friend read wrong.

clevestinks
02-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Why would they. Washington has to be cheap anyway, why not give him one more shot? He has not played that bad

SteelersTilIDie
02-24-2007, 09:16 AM
i havent heard anything, probably just rumor.

SCSTILLER
02-24-2007, 09:19 AM
There have been no reports of those rumors here in Pittsburgh. If that were the case I believe it would be in the PPG and Trib-Review. I believe your friend read wrong.

I looked in those papers also and didn't see anything. I figured he was just having glue withdrawals but I wanted to check with everyone anyways. I would hate to see Nate go myself, I think he could be a decent fourth receiver for us.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I looked in those papers also and didn't see anything. I figured he was just having glue withdrawals but I wanted to check with everyone anyways. I would hate to see Nate go myself, I think he could be a decent fourth receiver for us.

Yeah, Ben Roethlisberger sneezing and hurting his nose makes headline news here in Pittsburgh. The Steelers releasing Max and Nate would definately have made waves and would have been reported on "Sports Beat" or on "The Nightly Sports Call" last night.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Whoever told you that SC needs to check his sources.

Fid
02-24-2007, 10:12 AM
if max got released i would rejoice. he is a waste of 300+ pounds.

Stlrs4Life
02-24-2007, 11:33 AM
if max got released i would rejoice. he is a waste of 300+ pounds.

The Steelers would be crazy to release Starks. He is a RFA. All we have to do is make him a low ball offer, hope a team matches it, and we do not match it. We in return garner another draft pick in compensation. So Starks will not just be released.

If your friend is on the glue, be a friend help him stay away from it.

DACEB
02-24-2007, 04:49 PM
The Steelers would be crazy to release Starks. He is a RFA. All we have to do is make him a low ball offer, hope a team matches it, and we do not match it. We in return garner another draft pick in compensation. So Starks will not just be released.

Exactly, read the last entry in the thread restructuring the O-line, we could possibly get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him.

ChronoCross
02-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I heard Starks bought KFC and Retired and Married Paris Hilton. Rumors have to love them.
Wait forgot about Washington, he went out with pacman and got married to a stripper named molly muffen and was not seen again.

Man_Of_Steel
02-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Dang, had I read about this rumor I would have headed to a local bar in Indiana PA tonight and asked Nate himself. He is to appear there with I don't know who else. And yes, I'am serious. The bar is Wolfendales.

Preacher
02-24-2007, 09:07 PM

If your friend is on the glue, be a friend help him stay away from it.

Smart post... Great scenario. I would LOVE it if that happened.

polamalufan43
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, there still here as of today...so I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: