PDA

View Full Version : ideal Steelers lineup

steeler614
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
we have a lot of talent on this team, but it was not being utilized properly which explains the 8-8 season. here is a list of how the roster should be set up. Mike Tomlin needs to read this so he can print it out and tape it to his fridge...lmao j/k. this includes potential draft picks and free agents.

starter (backup)

QB-Roethilsberger (Batch, St. Pierre)
RB-Parker (Haynes, Davenport)
RB-TJ Duckett (Haynes, Davenport)
FB-Krieder (Kuhn)
WR-Ward (Washington, Reid)
WR-Holmes (Wilson, Young)
TE-Miller (Tuman, Euhus)
LT-Smith (Essex)
LG-Faneca (draft pick-Josh Beekman)
C-Okobi (draft pick-Ryan Kalil, Philip)
RG-Kemoeatu (Simmons)
RT-Starks (Colon)

RDE-Keisel (draft pick-Adam Carriker, Kirshke)
NT-Hampton (Hoke)
LDE-Aaron Smith (Bailey)
ROLB-Porter (James Harrison, Stanley)
RILB-Foote (Kriewaldt)
LILB-Farrior (Wallace, Seigler)
LOLB-Haggans (Arnold Harrison)
SS-Polamalu (Carter)
FS-Anthony Smith (Clark)
RCB-McFadden (Townsend)
LCB-Taylor (Coclough, draft pick-Fred Bennett)

P-Barr
K-Reed (Hughes)
PR-Reid (Holmes)
KR-Davenport (Taylor)

everybody else gets cut or goes to special teams

iloveben7
02-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I agree with you!!

steeler614
02-25-2007, 06:09 PM
yeah theres a lot of underused talent on this team, iKemoeatu, McFadden, and Holmes should be starting. here are my draft picks 1-4.

1. Adam Carriker, DE or Paul Pozlusny, LB
2. Ryan Kalil, C
3. Fred Bennett, CB
4. Josh Beekman, LG

polamalufan43
02-25-2007, 07:59 PM
I like that lineup. That might change though from what we get and if we get anything in FA. But, I think Clark should start for one more year before Smith comes in. Smith has talent and for me is ready, but I think needs just more time to get used to the D and playing with Troy.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Kalil will not make it to the 2nd round.

steeler614
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
yeah Kalil might not be available in the second round, but we still got Simmons and Okobi, with Marvin Philip as backup so even if that were the case we are set at center. I'm more worried about LG, Faneca still has game left but what happens if he goes down? I'd go DE or LB first round and then Guard second if Kalil isn't available. I like what I've read about Bennett and think he will be a sleeper, probably wouldn't be a bad idea picking him up in round 3 or 4.

DACEB
02-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Problem is you listed 58 players, now I did see 5 names that could go to practice squad but those players would be unprotected there. Who would you put on practice squad besides St. Pierre QB and Hughes K.

Also I don't understand the need to draft a center if we have 2 on the roster and a backup in Simmons.

Why would we get T. J. Duckett when we have no cap space and greater needs on D?

Overall I like your thoughts and your pick of Beekman but we don't need another center.

lilyoder6
02-27-2007, 09:29 PM
when we had najah we didn't even use him that much.. i think najah should get more chances at running the ball... i do think that anthony smith is a animal,, but then we wasted money on ryan clark for 1 starting season.... i do like poz.... we could get tim shaw on the 2nd day.. lamar woodly could be good... we also could get tony hunt in the draft if u want another rb... and i think laron landry would be good.. transfer him into a cb maybe...

drew102e
03-01-2007, 04:16 PM
isnt st pierre a FA they arent gonna sign