Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Mike Spell

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0708.html

steeler614
02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Bowl...oh yes!

TackleMeBen
02-25-2007, 02:43 PM
I am sensing we could make a great run for the Superbowl this season.

iloveben7
02-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Great Article!! Superbowl 42 Here we Come!!

ChronoCross
02-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I like the sound already. SB does sound really good and something to look forward to.

SteelCityMan786
02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Definantly. Another Super Bowl Run for the Steelers in store this year. as well as a Steelers Super Bowl CHAMPIONSHIP. Good Article.

Newzfoxjr
02-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm so tempted to make some cheesy comment about destiny. Like how when you add the numbers in 42 together, you get 6, the number of Super Bowls we'll have if we win this upcoming year. Or, something like that. I'm sure there's more...!

Anyway, I'm totally sure we'll make the playoffs this year, AT LEAST, and with the core players from the 2005 season, why wouldn't we be able to win the Super Bowl going in at any spot?

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Anyway, I'm totally sure we'll make the playoffs this year, AT LEAST, and with the core players from the 2005 season, why wouldn't we be able to win the Super Bowl going in at any spot?

Let's see - several reasons - rookie head coach for one. An entirely new staff on the offensive side of the ball for another. A few teams named the Colts, Patriots, Ravens among others for another. I'm not saying we won't have a chance, but it's going to be a tough row to hoe.

NV STEELERS 723
02-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Yea.... we're pissed off going 8-8...I know they didn't like it...think maybe they will be hungry now???????

Great article...but 1 thing confuses me ????

Willie Parker is not Jerome Bettis and Willie does not make a Defense tired???? how bout when they are running after him after a 30 yrd gain.... then a 15 yrd gain.... then a 10 yard gain....

You get my point.... Willie is not a issue anymore... he is the Man!

If TJ fits our style , then I'm sure Tomlin will get him.... Tomlin is a smart guy!

polamalufan43
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Well, although the SB run pretty much gave me a heart-attack, I think everyone can handle another one:jammin:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
02-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Let's see - several reasons - rookie head coach for one. An entirely new staff on the offensive side of the ball for another. A few teams named the Colts, Patriots, Ravens among others for another. I'm not saying we won't have a chance, but it's going to be a tough row to hoe.

I hear ya '76, just like the article states, there are alot of variables going into this season in order for us to win SB XLII.

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I hear ya '76, just like the article states, there are alot of variables going into this season in order for us to win SB XLII.

Thanks, Stlrs4Life - I am just trying to temper the very high expectations with a little reality. I'm not looking forward to the "Fire Tomlin!" threads that I'm sure will appear as soon as we lose a game.

stillers4me
02-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, although the SB run pretty much gave me a heart-attack, I think everyone can handle another one:jammin:

I swore I'd never watch another football game again if we would just win the SuperBowl...........my heart couldn't stand another season.

I lied. :flap:

polamalufan43
02-26-2007, 07:24 AM
I swore I'd never watch another football game again if we would just win the SuperBowl...........my heart couldn't stand another season.

I lied. :flap:

Hahahaha... I was thinking about making that vow... but then I realized I'd never be able to keep it...:wink02:

memphissteelergirl
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Great article...with a new coach and a new attitude, the Black and Gold will make some noise in '07!

(Geez...is it time for training camp yet?)

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BOXCAR JOEY
02-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Who's thirsty for a six pack SB??? We're thirsty for a six pack!

alittlejazzbird
02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I was 17 years old and a senior in a Pittsburgh-area high school when the Steelers won the last of their first four Super Bowls in February 1980, and there were times over those 26 years in between that I doubted I'd ever see another in my lifetime.

But as I watched the Steelers make that improbable run of four straight regular season wins starting with Da Bears, all of a sudden for them to win it all started to become the most important thing ever. From the time of the playoff win against Cincinnati up until Super Bowl Sunday morning, I don't think I slept more than three hours a night, I couldn't eat, I was a complete nervous wreck, my music gigs were suffering because I wasn't getting enough sleep....my non-Steeler crazed friends (even my husband, who is a Steeler fan but not at all as crazy as I am) thought I was a loon who had gone off the deep end.

I watched the entire Super Bowl in a state of terrified numbness (helped along by more than a few Rolling Rocks)...terrified that we might lose -- the specter of Super Bowl XXX and its heartbreak had never left me -- and that Ben wouldn't be able to keep his promise to Jerome, that we wouldn't have the storybook finish to an unprecedented, historic playoff run. I have to honestly say that I didn't enjoy a moment of it. I was too worked up and nervous. Even when Randle El and Hines connected on the game winner, I couldn't allow myself to relax. It wasn't until I saw Cowher crying on the sidelines that I knew it really happened, that we really had won. I think I bawled like a baby for about a half hour when it was over, stopping only to call my dad back home so that we could both start blubbering all over again and I could listen to him tell me how the neighbors were going crazy and people were dancing in the streets. It was an amazing, magical time.

Every time I pop in the DVD and watch it all over again, that same feeling of terror comes over me even though I know who won, LOL!

I was a crazed person for five solid weeks....and yet I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even though my heart probably can't take too many more of them.

So here we go Stillers, all the way to Super Bowl XLII!!!!!

polamalufan43
02-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I was 17 years old and a senior in a Pittsburgh-area high school when the Steelers won the last of their first four Super Bowls in February 1980, and there were times over those 26 years in between that I doubted I'd ever see another in my lifetime.

But as I watched the Steelers make that improbable run of four straight regular season wins starting with Da Bears, all of a sudden for them to win it all started to become the most important thing ever. From the time of the playoff win against Cincinnati up until Super Bowl Sunday morning, I don't think I slept more than three hours a night, I couldn't eat, I was a complete nervous wreck, my music gigs were suffering because I wasn't getting enough sleep....my non-Steeler crazed friends (even my husband, who is a Steeler fan but not at all as crazy as I am) thought I was a loon who had gone off the deep end.

I watched the entire Super Bowl in a state of terrified numbness (helped along by more than a few Rolling Rocks)...terrified that we might lose -- the specter of Super Bowl XXX and its heartbreak had never left me -- and that Ben wouldn't be able to keep his promise to Jerome, that we wouldn't have the storybook finish to an unprecedented, historic playoff run. I have to honestly say that I didn't enjoy a moment of it. I was too worked up and nervous. Even when Randle El and Hines connected on the game winner, I couldn't allow myself to relax. It wasn't until I saw Cowher crying on the sidelines that I knew it really happened, that we really had won. I think I bawled like a baby for about a half hour when it was over, stopping only to call my dad back home so that we could both start blubbering all over again and I could listen to him tell me how the neighbors were going crazy and people were dancing in the streets. It was an amazing, magical time.

Every time I pop in the DVD and watch it all over again, that same feeling of terror comes over me even though I know who won, LOL!

I was a crazed person for five solid weeks....and yet I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even though my heart probably can't take too many more of them.

:iagree: AMEN! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!
(Now I just need to find those pillows in case I pass out again, lol)

fansince'76
02-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Great story and thank you for sharing - I had many of the same feelings you did. And yes, once we rattled off 4 straight at the end of last season, I also began to consider running the table and winning the SB the most important thing ever, for one reason - the Bus. I knew he wouldn't be coming back whether we won it all or fell short and damn it, if ANYBODY deserved a SB ring, it was the Bus.

memphissteelergirl
02-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I feel ya alittlejazzbird! I was excited and a nervous wreck all at once during that SB XL run! But given the chance to do it again, I would without hesitation!

The quest for #6 begins in '07!! :tt02: :tt02:

Ironcityman
02-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I need my SB fix! Definitely missed the hoopla and celebration that SB XL brought around the house. Last season was a drag.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

jd2
02-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I sure miss that fix also, cant wait for this season.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis
02-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, another run at the Super Bowl sounds great to my
ears as well... I think that we are really in a good situation where
we should be able to make another serious run at it and I am not just
saying that because I love the Steelers but we have not lost much from
our Super Bowl team and we should get stronger this season with a good draft.:wave: