PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Chris Henry RB 6' 233 Arizona Jr.

Ran a 4.33 and hes 233lbs.
I dont know much about him other than he did not play much his firt 2 years because he was backing up Mike Bell, However, at 233 lbs, and an amazing 4.33 I think I would like to see him in black and gold.....

This is an article from NFL draft and rumor:
Henry was a seldom used reserve his first two seasons, backing up Mike Bell. He ran for 278 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman and sophomore. As a junior, he shared backfield duties, but ran for 581 yards and seven touchdowns, and also added 197 yards and a touchdown on 21 catches as a receiver.

Chris Henry has all the physical tools you could want in a running back. He has excellent size, is strong, athletic, and fast. He runs well between the tackles, and can be a workhorse. He also shows the ability to make the first defender miss, and the speed to turn the corner and break off big runs. Henry also developed into a legitimate receiving option out of the backfield this year, and showed very good hands as a receiver.

For a player with his talent level, he has never put up the numbers to back it up. Backing up Mike Bell obviously limited what he could do early in his career, but he didn’t seize the prime opportunity laid out in front of him this year to be the feature back.

Chris Henry will pop up on a lot of people’s sleeper lists. He definitely has the talent, but is somewhat of an unknown on the field because of his limited success. He is a player that could really make a name for himself once the workout portion begins. He may be a player that just could not put it together in college, but thrives at the pro level. He is a player to keep an eye on in the draft.

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't know much about the kid either, but if he backed up Mike Bell (who has been a fumble machine for the Broncos) I wouldn't spend a real high pick on him.

tony hipchest
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
4.33 at 233 lbs sounds about impossible. although both willie and bell were UFA's the fact that this guy was even invited to the combine says something. he wont go under the radar if those numbers are correct. everybody will be thinking "terrel davis" and he could fly up the charts like wr matt jones did.

anyways lets see how many people reply:

dont look at him... we dont need anyone named after a bungle

:rolleyes:

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
dont look at him... we dont need anyone named after a bungle

Just think - the Steelers with the "good" Chris Henry, and the Bungles with the "evil" Chris Henry. :sofunny:

Indy_Steelers
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
4.33 at 233 lbs sounds about impossible. although both willie and bell were UFA's the fact that this guy was even invited to the combine says something. he wont go under the radar if those numbers are correct. everybody will be thinking "terrel davis" and he could fly up the charts like wr matt jones did.

You stole my thunder but at least there is a good Chris Henry in the NFL.

polamalufan43
02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Just think - the Steelers with the "good" Chris Henry, and the Bungles with the "evil" Chris Henry. :sofunny:

Yeah... when I saw the title I though "OMG NO!" But now it's all good. Although I'd laugh if we did get the good one and his number would be 15. That would be creepy. He might be good, if he has potenial this might be a good place for him.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

ajs8207
02-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah... when I saw the title I though "OMG NO!" But now it's all good. Although I'd laugh if we did het the good one and his number would be 15. That would be creepy. He might be good, if he has potenial this might be a good place for him.

Exactly what i thought

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-25-2007, 09:28 PM
They are talking about Henry on NFL network....His averge 40 was a 4.40.......They are saying great things about him..

Godfather
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
My biggest concern would be that he'd keep getting arrested because the cops would mistake him for the other Chris Henry :smile:

polamalufan43
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
My biggest concern would be that he'd keep getting arrested because the cops would mistake him for the other Chris Henry :smile:

Maybe he should carry a special ID then. Something that dictates what team he is on "Team: Pittsburgh" :smile: He should be fine as long as he doesn't go wandering off in Cinci or travel alone on gameday when we are up there, that is is we even pick him...

Raider_Nation00
02-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Trust me I am a Pac-10 guys you don't want this guy... He has Lamont Jordan syndrome... As soon a any contact comes he falls down...I watched his games and he never looked that quick, I think he is much slower with pads on.

tony hipchest
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Trust me I am a Pac-10 guys you don't want this guy... He has Lamont Jordan syndrome... As soon a any contact comes he falls down...I watched his games and he never looked that quick, I think he is much slower with pads on. interresting nugget. i looked at his combine results and he pretty much finished in the top 5 in all the drills.

so he could just be a workout wonder, or he could be raw and un polished. some team will take a gamble on him based on his nunbers alone. after all the steelers took a gamble on willie based on speed alone. i just wonder how far henrys workouts have moved him up peoples boards. probably to the 7th-9th rb taken which would probably put him as a 4th or 5th rounder.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I would take him in the 5th if hes still on the board

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
maybe even the 4th...
Hey, the guy didnt start in college........We have another running back on our team who didnt start in college!!!Fast Willie!!!

and this kid is much bigger
26 reps on of 225 lbs

tony hipchest
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
well, he is definitely no longer "off the radar"

http://nfl.com/combine/story/10023516

The most asked question right now is: Who is Chris Henry? The answer is he is a running back from Arizona who entered school there in 2003. He was hurt early on and then in 2004 and 2005 he never started but played some. In 2006, he got in a couple of starts but was still mostly a reserve. In high school, he won the 100-meter track championship at Stockton High School in Stockton, Calif. But until this year, he had never really played much in college, starting only a couple of times this year. If you look at all the draft books, you see that he's nowhere to be listed in any of them.

So why all the interest? The 5-11, 230-pound running back notched 26 bench presses (second best for runners), the second-best 10-yard time at 1.51 (Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson was 1.54), and he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds. The way he worked out created an unbelievable amount of interest. He was definitely the most talked about prospect in the city of Indianapolis last night.

fansince'76
02-26-2007, 04:52 PM
The most asked question right now is: Who is Chris Henry?

Um, a Bungle that can't stay out of trouble?!? Oops, wrong "Chris Henry." Sorry, couldn't resist. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Um, a Bungle that can't stay out of trouble?!? Oops, wrong "Chris Henry." Sorry, couldn't resist. :chuckle::nono:

lol

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-25-2007, 11:41 AM
So would anyone else like to see this guy in black and gold....??????

SteelCzar76
03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm not sold on Henry. Yes he performed well at workouts,.....but his onfield production on the collegiate level was virtually non existant. I would'nt be against possibly giving him a look on the second day. But even then it would have to be after we had (by perhaps with some daring) addressed our most pressing needs.

Anthony_Smith27
03-25-2007, 06:59 PM
i'd pass on him, i rather us draft tony hunt.......hunt didn't have a great combine but who cares, i don't remember ever seeing a running back run a straight line with no pads and no one not trying to tackle you, so the combine and pro day mean nothing to me, i rather look at what they do in actual games and hunt actually played with some heart.

everything i read on henry makes me like him less, he's a punk when it comes to contact

Strengths:
Very good athlete with an outstanding blend of size and timed speed...A strong runner who does not go down easily...Has a terrific burst...He's able to run up the middle or kick it outside and turn the corner...Has the ability to be a solid receiver out of the backfield...Does not have a lot of mileage on his tires...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Does not have much starting experience and he never carried the load...Was not very productive at all in college...Not overly tough or aggressive...A questionable motor...May have character concerns...Runs too high...Impatient runner...He's not shifty or elusive...Sub par blocker...Doesn't play up to those great physical tools.

Notes:
Classic workout warrior who "Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane"...Has all of the physical tools you look for but to this point has been an underachiever...Entered the draft after his junior year despite a less than impressive on-field resume...He will likely get picked much higher than his production would indicate thanks to the show he put on at the Combine but it will be based almost solely on his potential.

Anthony_Smith27
03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
maybe even the 4th...
Hey, the guy didnt start in college........We have another running back on our team who didnt start in college!!!Fast Willie!!!

and this kid is much bigger
26 reps on of 225 lbs

don't try to compare him to willie

henry had a chance to be something but he never took advantage of the opportunity

willie never had a chance cause the coaches didn't like him

RoethlisBURGHer
03-25-2007, 07:18 PM
We need help at DE,LB,OL,and WR before we go drafting some RB who almost never played in college.

BettisFan
03-25-2007, 07:22 PM
hes ok we dont need a RB

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Trust me I am a Pac-10 guys you don't want this guy... He has Lamont Jordan syndrome... As soon a any contact comes he falls down...I watched his games and he never looked that quick, I think he is much slower with pads on.so do the raider linemen....:coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2007, 09:42 PM

yeah.....if i were him i believe i'd change my name to something like....charles manson....chris henry just draws to much attention. :sofunny:

TJSteeler
03-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Here is info on Henry from Scout's inc. Sounds like a late round or undrafted free agent. Didn't we draft someone out of Virginia last year that sounded like this. I'd rather spend a 3rd or 4th and get a quality backup/big back to pair with Fast Willie.

Strengths: A big, strong back with lots of mileage left on his legs. Shows good initial quickness and burst through the hole. He possesses above-average straight-line speed for his size and can bounce some runs outside once he hits the second level. He shows the ability to push the pile when he runs with good leverage and lowers his shoulder. He will bounce off would-be tacklers and displays an effective stiff-arm. While he needs polishing in the passing game, he does display soft hands and the ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal starting experience; he was never the fulltime load-carrier in college. Not overly elusive and won't make many defenders miss in space. He is impatient; will run up the heels of his linemen and also looks to bounce plays outside too early. He is big and strong but doesn't consistently run with good pad-level and takes too many shots to his body. He's not a great route-runner, and his pass-blocking technique is marginal. We also have concerns about his competitiveness after his decision to leave school rather than compete for the starting job at Arizona in 2007.

Overall: Henry appeared in two games in 2003 as a true freshman before injuring his leg and obtaining a medical redshirt. In 2004 he returned to appear in all 11 games (zero starts) and finished the season with 159 yards rushing and two touchdowns on 56 carries (2.8 average). Henry played in all 11 games again in 2005 (zero starts), rushing 34 times for 119 yards (3.5 average) and also contributed on special teams. Henry played in 11 of 12 games in 2006, earned seven starts and finished with 165 carries for 581 yards (3.5 average) and seven touchdowns. Over the past three seasons he has caught 25 passes for 191 yards and one touchdown.

Henry is a big back with good burst, but his inexperience, lack of elusiveness and impatience are glaring. Henry is very much an unproven commodity, but he displays enough promising characteristics to warrant a gamble in the mid-to-late rounds.

BettisFan
03-26-2007, 04:50 PM
how many times can this guy get arrested

steelcitysfinestXL
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I have heard some talk about him and read some decent things but i would say if he doesnt get drafted then we can bring him in and work him out after the draft. Sounds like an Austin Scott to me (PSU fans know who im talking about) No thanks, on Chris Henry 2!!!