PDA

View Full Version : Latest rumor on Joey Porter/ Joey Porter Cut!!

abowens
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Has anyone heard anymore about what's going to happen with Porter? I just missed A. Schein and S. Wilcotts discussion about this topic on Sirius Afternoon Blitz. I'm sure the media and NFL insiders are talking about this. I just haven't caught much of it. Any new info out there?

Atlanta Dan
02-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Has anyone heard anymore about what's going to happen with Porter? I just missed A. Schein and S. Wilcotts discussion about this topic on Sirius Afternoon Blitz. I'm sure the media and NFL insiders are talking about this. I just haven't caught much of it. Any new info out there?

Peezey is the father of Anna Nicole's baby

ChronoCross
02-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Peezey is the father of Anna Nicole's baby

You know he fathers Spears baby also.. there getting married didnt you hear..

Dynasty
02-28-2007, 06:08 PM
OMG ARE U SERIOUS!!!!!1!!!1!!!one!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPI 4 HIM!

loljk

Hines0wnz
02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Latest rumor I read is that he will be released on Friday.

Stlrs4Life
02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Your read the Ed Bouchette opion story? And take that as he will be released on Friday? Didn't know Ed was the new GM for the Steelers.

83-Steelers-43
02-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Both Ed Bouchette and Ron Cook are of the opinion that Joey Porter will be released. That's about all I've heard in Pittsburgh. Take it for what it's worth or don't take it all. Your choice.

fansince'76
02-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Both Ed Bouchette and Ron Cook are of the opinion that Joey Porter will be released.

I happen to share that opinion, but I hope I'm dead wrong.

drew102e
02-28-2007, 09:27 PM
could it be a Jamal Lewis situation, the ravens cut him with hopes of resigning him

of course he will not be happy if that happens

WWIIOwheelz
02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I just hope he's picked up by a NFC team. I wish him well, in that case.

NV STEELERS 723
02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I've never been a Peezy fan...everyone here knows that...he talks too much and needs to play football...

I'm sure he'll be released...before his roster bonus..

He'll rebound... he's not a bad player...but it just seems he don't fit into our plans anymore...

Good Luck Peezy.

verks36
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I hope he doesnt get realeased but porter seems like a guy who wants to get payed for what he can get. he also lives in CA and Pitt is pretty far away so he might want to go to a team a little closer to home

Avoid LLoyd1975
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Latest rumor I read is that he will be released on Friday.

Same here...

NV STEELERS 723
02-28-2007, 10:24 PM
I hope he doesnt get realeased but porter seems like a guy who wants to get payed for what he can get. he also lives in CA and Pitt is pretty far away so he might want to go to a team a little closer to home

He is a Valley person like I was.... he grew up in Bakersfield Ca 1 hr away from where Iived for 25 years before I moved to NV...

CA teams have a shot to sign Peezy....

Hines86Ward
03-01-2007, 12:01 AM
If he gets released, maybe Arizona would pick him up....

Steel Pit
03-01-2007, 05:39 AM
I've never been a Peezy fan...everyone here knows that...he talks too much and needs to play football...

I'm sure he'll be released...before his roster bonus..

He'll rebound... he's not a bad player...but it just seems he don't fit into our plans anymore...

Good Luck Peezy.

Happy trails Joey Porter:wave:

I've been saying it all along with great opposition:flipoff:

TackleMeBen
03-01-2007, 06:28 AM
If he gets released, maybe Arizona would pick him up....

It seems they took our leftover coaches, so why not start taking our leftover players... :flap:

Buzz05
03-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Hmm...for some reason I could see Peezy goin to the Silver and Black...atleast that way we know we wouldnt have to play him for a while in the regular season and playoffs...well lets just say the Raiders wont be making the playoffs atleast next 2 years..

ajs8207
03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Don't get me wrong, I dont think Peezy is a bad player...but hes just not worth his 6 million dollar cap number.

Counselor
03-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Peezy is a fav of mine, and I for one will be sorry to see him go. I hope the rumor is wrong and they can work out a new deal, but I realize it doesn't look good.

I never thought he talked too much----that was part of his job. Don't think that Cowher didn't encourage him in most of it.

Whether you all like him or not, lets acknowledge that he was a huge part of the run to the Super Bowl, and he might not have had the greatest year this year---but no one did.

You guys realize that had he held out this past training camp he very well might have gotten a new contract (a la Ward) --- so Cowher brought him back into camp, on a team destined to have a dismal year from the top down, then left him high and dry with no new contract, coming off a bad season. I wouldn't blame Peezy if he were a little PO'd at "his guy".

kochmanski
03-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Peezy is a fav of mine, and I for one will be sorry to see him go. I hope the rumor is wrong and they can work out a new deal, but I realize it doesn't look good.

I never thought he talked too much----that was part of his job. Don't think that Cowher didn't encourage him in most of it.

Whether you all like him or not, lets acknowledge that he was a huge part of the run to the Super Bowl, and he might not have had the greatest year this year---but no one did.

You guys realize that had he held out this past training camp he very well might have gotten a new contract (a la Ward) --- so Cowher brought him back into camp, on a team destined to have a dismal year from the top down, then left him high and dry with no new contract, coming off a bad season. I wouldn't blame Peezy if he were a little PO'd at "his guy".
Never thought about it like that. Cowher kind of did leave Joey hangin' ... Hmmm

If he goes, he goes. I'm looking forward to seeing who'll be in what lockerroom role under Tomlin. Who's going to be "Tomlin's Guy" who's going to be the emotional leader, like Bettis was. Everyone seemed a little aloof last season, so somebody had better step up and lead.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I dont think porter will be in black and gold too much longer

R2sojr
03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
i believe they need to keep Peezy...for one he is still a great player that brings alot to the table even though he is getting up there in age....my opinion...if it aint broke then dont try to fix it.....plus we dont have a proven leader on this team and Joey is that leader....if they release him i will honestly be pi**ed...im a huge Peezy fan....and ppl say all he does is run his mouth...come now this is football a hard nose talk trash and smash em in the mouth type of game and we need those types of players...and Harisson is a good replacement but can he last a whole season?

Crushzilla
03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I would like to see him stay a little longer... Its not like we're exactly stacked at linebacker... And so what if he runs his mouth. Its not like he's locker room poison or ten hairs away from a baboon, like Bill Romanowski was.

R2sojr
03-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I would like to see him stay a little longer... Its not like we're exactly stacked at linebacker... And so what if he runs his mouth. Its not like he's locker room poison or ten hairs away from a baboon, like Bill Romanowski was.

My point exactly...and yeah hes getting up there in age..but look at the guy..he still has the ability to play at a high level...my thought is that you dont get rid of your leader on defence

PAY THE MAN HIS MONEY!!!

SCSTILLER
03-01-2007, 11:40 AM
The only reason I would like to see them keep Porter is because of our depth at linebacker. I honestly think that he will be gone before next year because of money. I for one think that his play is declining fast. He got shut out by a backup tackle last year against the Ravens, and against Indy it was the zone blitzing that got him to Manning (untouched most of the time). I have noticed (and I may be wrong) that once he gets stood up and the tackle gets his mits into Porters chest, Joey is going nowhere.

LambertLunatic
03-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Porter is a good player, but not 6 million dollar good. The 6 mil we save by cutting him could go a long way toward resigning Troy, or it could give us the cap space to upgrade 2 positions in free agency. Of course, there will still be some cap hit for cutting him. Anyone know what that hit would be?

tony hipchest
03-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Porter is a good player, but not 6 million dollar good. The 6 mil we save by cutting him could go a long way toward resigning Troy, or it could give us the cap space to upgrade 2 positions in free agency. Of course, there will still be some cap hit for cutting him. Anyone know what that hit would be?porter is due a 1 mil bonus + a 4 mil salary.

so what 2 positions do we upgrade for 2 mil apiece? linebacker isnt one of them, unless someone thinks a. thomas is gonna sign for 2, or even 4 million. probably the best available lb out there with less than a 4 mil price tag is t. banta cain with his 5.5 sacks last year. and people say porter isnt productive????

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Players come and they go. So no thing to me. I wouldn't mind Joey the Mouth staying and retiring a Steeler. But if he is cut and that looks like its going to happen then no big deal to me. Like I said players come and they go.

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 01:20 PM
i believe they need to keep Peezy...for one he is still a great player that brings alot to the table even though he is getting up there in age....my opinion...if it aint broke then dont try to fix it.....plus we dont have a proven leader on this team and Joey is that leader....if they release him i will honestly be pi**ed...im a huge Peezy fan....and ppl say all he does is run his mouth...come now this is football a hard nose talk trash and smash em in the mouth type of game and we need those types of players...and Harisson is a good replacement but can he last a whole season?

I am with these two................I LOVE PEEZY!

His antics crack me up. His "Kicked to the Curb" move after a sack goes a ways toward psychological warfare to the other team. He gets our players riled up...and his mouthiness is a contributor to the other team making mistakes (didn't you notice the Seattle bench talking about him being mouthy during the game? Should they not have been paying more attention to putting points on the board? He is a distraction to the opponents.......distractions = mistakes).

This would be a SIGNIFICANT loss to our leadership and motivation.

So he had a down year............so did the entire team!! :dang:

So he wasn't as productive.......neither was the entire team!! :dang:

So he is a loudmouth...............Trash Talking Smash Mouth Football...............it's a tradition.

:tt02: KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! :tt02:

Stillers43
03-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I like to see him stay! Maybe he could work out a deal for less money! Another thought! N. Harris LB from Minny is a FA. Would Tomlin think about bringing him in?

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
He is a Valley person like I was.... he grew up in Bakersfield Ca 1 hr away from where Iived for 25 years before I moved to NV...

CA teams have a shot to sign Peezy....

NV,

Where did you live in the San Joaquin Valley? I was in Lemoore for 3yrs. (Yep! I was a "Lemoron" for a little while).

Just curious..................................

floodcitygirl
03-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I am with these two................I LOVE PEEZY!

His antics crack me up. His "Kicked to the Curb" move after a sack goes a ways toward psychological warfare to the other team. He gets our players riled up...and his mouthiness is a contributor to the other team making mistakes (didn't you notice the Seattle bench talking about him being mouthy during the game? Should they not have been paying more attention to putting points on the board? He is a distraction to the opponents.......distractions = mistakes).

This would be a SIGNIFICANT loss to our leadership and motivation.

So he had a down year............so did the entire team!! :dang:

So he wasn't as productive.......neither was the entire team!! :dang:

So he is a loudmouth...............Trash Talking Smash Mouth Football...............it's a tradition.

:tt02: KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! KEEP PEEZY! :tt02:I agree!!!!!! Personally, I'm motivated just reading this post about keeping him! KEEP PEEZY! :tt02:

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I agree!!!!!! Personally, I'm motivated just reading this post about keeping him! KEEP PEEZY! :tt02:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....................you make me blush! :blush:

You're just being your usual Sweetheart self!

floodcitygirl
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....................you make me blush! :blush:

You're just being your usual Sweetheart self!I may be sweet (thanks Shooter) but I really would like to see Joey stay. He's not been a favorite player of mine...I'm more of a troy kind of girl, but I do think he brings an energy beyond his stats that is good for the team and good against his opponents. I'm not convinced that his best days are behind him. I'd like to see what he can do next season with a new coach and hopefully a fully engaged Ben on his team.

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I may be sweet (thanks Shooter) but I really would like to see Joey stay. He's not been a favorite player of mine...I'm more of a troy kind of girl, but I do think he brings an energy beyond his stats that is good for the team and good against his opponents. I'm not convinced that his best days are behind him. I'd like to see what he can do next season with a new coach and hopefully a fully engaged Ben on his team.

True, so true. Get the Team, as a whole, back up........and let's see what he does.

Energy, as you described, can be an incredible weapon.

A new coach, a revived offense to take advantage of defensive plays (we rarely capitalized off of turnovers this past year), and getting rid of that "left hanging" feeling that was discussed earlier.............if he stays, I would put money on him picking his stats back up this coming year.

The guy has worked hard, he deserves this last year of his contract...........at the VERY least.

HometownGal
03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I've always loved Peezy, but I'm with the opinions here that he just isn't worth that kind of moola. The Steelers have a tradition of rebuilding from within or via the draft (as George Jefferson said - movin' on up) and this is what I believe they will do. The Steelers are businessmen first and foremost - releasing him before bonus hour is a smart business move.

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
It's 5 mil.

I am still of the opinion that we let him finish his year up. Then next year, he signs for less, or goes F/A.

I'm not a huge fan of the players having to keep their end of the contract up, but not the organization. Sometimes it is warranted (in the case of Duce), but not usually.

If you offer the money and the time....stick by your word and your handshake.

Besides, who is going to effectively replace him for this season? Depth at LB is not our strongets point at the moment.

But I respect your opinion HTG (very much so). Money is THE issue here.

polamalufan43
03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree!!!!!! Personally, I'm motivated just reading this post about keeping him! KEEP PEEZY! :tt02:

WOOT WOOT! At this time I agree. The KEEP J-Peezy slogan started here, and is hereby copyrighted.:smile:
It's 5 mil.

If you offer the money and the time....stick by your word and your handshake.

I agree, but I still would like to see him sign at least an extension.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
WOOT WOOT! At this time I agree. The KEEP J-Peezy slogan started here, and is hereby copyrighted.:smile:

I agree, but I still would like to see him sign at least an extension.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

polamalufan43
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Yeah, figured I say that now so that when others try to use it there isn't some sort of arguement. Come on.... that slogan is :cash: :sofunny:

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah, figured I say that now so that when others try to use it there isn't some sort of arguement. Come on.... that slogan is :cash: :sofunny:

Alrighty...............you nailed that one!

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Cool......................Thanks Lloydfan4life

And, unfortunately, I do agree that we will more than likely lose him over $$$.........what a shame.

polamalufan43
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Cool......................Thanks Lloydfan4life

And, unfortunately, I do agree that we will more than likely lose him over $$$.........what a shame.

Yeah, if we do lose him, I agree that's probably that reason is numero uno. Which is a crappy reason to lose a player like him, but it does happen.

Big D
03-01-2007, 03:05 PM
John clayton is reporting the steelers will cut porter. How much do you think this will hurt us?

paw-n-maul-u
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
yeah ESPN just reported ... porter and haynes GONE ... that means davenport def. resigned ... and saving lots of cap room

fansince'76
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Looks like it's official. Bummer.

http://news.steelers.com/article/74287/

Steelers Release Porter, Haynes; Tender Offers to Starks, St. Pierre

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers released veteran outside linebacker Joey Porter and running back Verron Haynes, the team announced today.

Porter, an eight-year veteran, was originally selected by the Steelers in the third round (73rd overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft out of Colorado State.

Porter started in 14 games in 2006, and finished the season tied for seventh on the team with 64 tackles (43 solo). He led the Steelers with seven quarterback sacks and intercepted two passes which tied for second on the team.

In eight seasons with the Steelers, Porter played in 122 games and made 106 starts. He recorded 498 tackles (374 solo) and 10 interceptions, and ranks fourth in team history with 60 quarterback sacks. Porter, who was the team's defensive co-captain since 2003, earned three trips to the Pro Bowl (2003, 2005 and 2006) and was voted Steelers' co-MVP in 2002.

Haynes was the Steelers' fifth round draft choice in 2002 (166th overall). He played seven games in 2006 before being placed on the reserve/injured list with a knee injury versus Oakland (Oct. 29). Haynes played in 60 games with the Steelers and rushed for 738 yards and three touchdowns on 174 carries (4.2 avg.).

The Steelers also made tender offers to offensive tackle Max Starks and quarterback Brian St. Pierre.

By making the tenders to Starks and St. Pierre, the Steelers reserve the right to retain the players by matching any offer sheets they would sign with another team. Starks and St. Pierre could also remain with the Steelers by signing their tender offer for 2007 or by signing a long-term contract with the team.

Starks will enter his fourth NFL season in 2007 after being drafted by the Steelers in the third round (75th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft. He has started 30 career games after becoming a full-time starter in 2005. He helped Pittsburgh rank third in the AFC in 2006 in total yards per game (357.8) and aided in Willie Parker's team-record rushing performance (233 rushing yards) in a win over Cleveland in Week 14.

St. Pierre spent nearly the entire 2006 season with Steelers on both the active roster and practice squad. St. Pierre, originally drafted by the Steelers in the fifth round (163rd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft, has spent three years with Pittsburgh and has also spent time on the Baltimore Ravens' 53-man roster and their practice squad.

The Steelers also released offensive tackle Ulish Booker, who spent the 2006 season on the team's reserve/injured list after hurting his knee in the preseason.

Big D
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah ESPN just reported ... porter and haynes GONE ... that means davenport def. resigned ... and saving lots of cap room

I hope we actually utilize all this extra cap room we have.

polamalufan43
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I just heard now they cut him.... I didn't think that was gonna happen that soon. But Haynes gone too? what the crap is this???? This will be interesting how that team reacts and how that fans react as well....

floodcitygirl
03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
:banging: I'm going to the gym!

Dodt
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
what a shame ,here's hoping they don't signup with anybody in the afc north.

laird
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
That sucks, I always felt Peezy was the leader of our defense. Looks like somebody else is going to have to step up.

Livinginthe past
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I wasn't expecting Porter to be cut - alot of Steeler fans obviously felt he was the elite LBer in that corps.

I think its possible that Tomlin is making things easy for himself by removing a Cowher cheerleader from the locker-room - probably a wise move.

Steeler fans will be probably quite happy with this once the shock of losing another recognised part of the franchise is over - this all about a new direction under a new coach.

I'd love to see him play for a team that faced the Steelers next year - that would be interesting.

NM

paw-n-maul-u
03-01-2007, 03:22 PM
verron was a beast in pass protection on third downs ... had pretty decent hands and got some decent runs on draws etc. but then again, blocking can be taught ... and little dump pass screens out of the backfield and draw plays on THIRD DOWN are bend but dont break sorta plays for the defense ... i think he can be easily replaced.

Kermit
03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I would like this to be similar to the Jamal Lewis and Baltimore thing being that we might possibly re-sign him later, but regardless... Players come, players go -- we'll survive.

I'd love to see someone like Porter retire a Steeler, but in today's NFL, that's just being a bit idealistic.

What disappoints me the most about this news is the fact Joey is the emotional fire of our defense, and that he still does have some good years left in him.

drew102e
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
porter i understand-$$$ but haynes was really solid, and cheap i thought

and st.pierre, what the crap is that, gotta find out much they are paying him

Edman
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
That's just too bad. You've been a great Steeler, Joey. Thanks for the memories. :wave:

19ward86
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
i just dont get it, he is our second best D player behind troy p. He is one of the best blitzing LBers in the league and we could of got a good draft pick for him, i like james harrison but i dont think he is ready to start. V haynes was released also and i think we could of gotten a 5th round pick for him and we could of drafted another player from colorado(porter,haggans,kordell....). this opens the question about where the steelers will go in the draft.

Buzz05
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
As I said earlier. I could see Peezy going to the Raiders. A grizzled vet with a bad attitude...Al Davis is drooling in wheelchair right now

tony hipchest
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
4 rumors-

porter to the browns

porter to sf to team w/ adalius thomas

porter to raiders

porter if to california will rent neverland ranch and cuddle with "Bubbles"

i think the 1st 3 are most likely

Buzz05
03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Porter to the Browns..I hope not. But then again if Romeo gets canned after this year that might give Cowher more of a reason to listen to the Browns when they go after him..

Elvis
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I for one hate to see the guy go but the replacement of Harrison in the wings I think that we are definitely seeing the changing to a 4-3 defense now. I
just Dont think that Harrison is the Answer at all and the
more it makes me believe we will now draft a
LB in the 1st Round or a major
DE one..
:coffee:

03-01-2007, 03:52 PM
My favorite J-Peezy moment. Last year, leading up to the Superbowl when he went on that rant to reporters about "be honest, who would you rather go down a dark ally with? Me or him?... Cause you know if you pick him YA BOTH GET MUGGED!!!"

That still cracks me up no matter how many times I see/hear it.

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Does this move have any bearing on whether we move to a 4-3? While I loved porter,I can't say that this comes as a surprise. He was going to want the BIG coin, and we all know that the Steeler organization is, well rather tightfisted. Plus his play last year wasn't as good as it had been in the past. Do you think that they were worried about him holding out? Thanks for the memories Joey Best of luck in the future, unless your playing us.

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
@#$%&*)+~?@#(*<#@":;@OP#I$U!!!!!!!!!

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm NOT a happy camper..............

Counselor
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm NOT a happy camper..............

Ditto *sigh*

SteelShooter
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Tomlin, Art II, and company did not win any brownie points with me today...........but then again, who am I to them? Same as Joey it appears....nada!

I am really p*$$*d off about this!

shutdown
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
We all knew it was going to happen. Just history repeating himself.

Steelersfan4life0655
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
looks like my porter jersey is going into retirement in my closet. this sux that porter is gone. and i really dont think harrison is the answer. and we going to a slow change to a 4-3 is not a great thing. i can really see this happening. front office is not my favorite bunch of people today. :banging:

dunkuntou
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
porter i understand-$$$ but haynes was really solid, and cheap i thought

and st.pierre, what the crap is that, gotta find out much they are paying him

Haynes was overpaids. Anyone who is crying about the Haynes move need to shut up. We were taking over $1 million cap hit because of him and he is basically a third string (not down!) running back.

He doesn't pick up the blitz as well as you think. We will be fine with Davenport and this draft is loaded with potential third down backs

lilyoder6
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
i am so sad.... :( :( ... hopefully pit will still make offers to joey during the FA... it would be hard to see joey in a dif uniform... :( :( :( i just hope they still try to hit him up..

Counselor
03-01-2007, 05:09 PM
looks like my porter jersey is going into retirement in my closet. this sux that porter is gone.

Dude, I'm wearing my Porter jersey in protest!

fansince'76
03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Haynes was overpaids. Anyone who is crying about the Haynes move need to shut up. We were taking over $1 million cap hit because of him and he is basically a third string (not down!) running back.

He doesn't pick up the blitz as well as you think. We will be fine with Davenport and this draft is loaded with potential third down backs

On top of that, Verron was prone to fumbling.

fansince88
03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I knew that Tomlin would come in and make some changes but he really screwed up! Porter was awesome to watch. It should be interesting to see if Troy gets released as well, I really wouldn't be shocked. I love the Steelers and will always stick with them but I fear that the team is going to take years to rebuild after all this.

SteelCityMan786
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Thread Closed

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15348