PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas is a Patriot!!

Livinginthe past
03-02-2007, 10:12 AM
There are alot of rumors zinging about (as is to be expected) with this years FA just kicking off but one of the most intriuging has to be the 'Thomas/Patriots' one.

The Patriots are renowned for being careful with their money, and big FA splashes are rare - Rosevelt Colvin from the Bears was the last one I can recall.

Adam Schefter has stated on WEEI that the Patriots and the 49ers are the major players in this scenario, but who knows what team(s) will crash the party?

I'd love to see him in a Patriots uni - I think he is the best player available in this years FA.

Just noticed that there is a hot report that the 49ers have signed Nate Clements from the Bills - which would have to have an effect on this situation.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NM

tony hipchest
03-02-2007, 10:23 AM
49ers and patriots are not only big players for him but also d. stallworth. 49ers seem to have the upper hand because of the nolan/singletary connection and the most $$$.

the n. clemens signing wont take them out of the market because of how much room they have under the cap. they can easilly sign all 3.

Counselor
03-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I have to say I'm a little shocked the Pats would shell out the big $ for Thomas.

Livinginthe past
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Its looks like the deal is all but done, with Adalius due to visit saturday to sign the contract.

I have to say im very excited about this signing, it gives us alot more flexibility on D and makes everyone else better.

More flexibility in the draft also.

Don't have any definite figures as yet but the deal is rumored to be worth $7.5 million a year with a $17 million signing fee.

Thomas update

The Patriots are scheduled to host linebacker Adalius Thomas at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, and assuming he passes a physical and there are no last-minute hitches, the sides should finalize a blockbuster deal that will make Thomas a Patriot, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

According to a league source with knowledge of the negotiations, the Patriots are about to make the splash of free agency by agreeing to a contract with Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas, considered one of the top players on the market.

“Thomas is done there,” said the source, a rival executive.

NM

RoethlisBURGHer
03-03-2007, 11:00 AM
This would leave San Fransisco as the biggest attraction for Porter.

You fockers just got a helluva lot better on defense.

Livinginthe past
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
The deal is worth $37.5 million over 5 years with an even distribution over the term - there is no backloading or phoney years.

I have to say that this represents a pretty good deal - $8 million/year over the first 3 years in a good investment and not the 9/10 million alot of us were expecting.

Leaves us in pretty good shape for the draft after the last few days of hectic activity - we have now addressed WR,LBer, TE and RB.

On a side note, I expect Graham to sign for Seattle.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
awesome pickup for the pats...especially since they gave up a 2 pick for welker.

tony hipchest
03-06-2007, 11:14 PM
awesome pickup for the pats...especially since they gave up a 2 pick for welker.well, after last years 2nd round flop, chad jackson, turned in 13 rec for 152 yds on the year, im sure theyre not gonna go that route again.

hell even sean morey had 29 yds on 2 receptions for the steelers.

i hear jackson is pretty mean on the juggs machine though. :rolleyes: welker is a definite upgrade.

handsome
03-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Good lord. Those Patriots just keep getting stronger and stronger. Looks like our mighty Steelers will be facing NE again in the AFCC game. I hope it's at home for us.

>>>>>>>>Go Steelers<<<<<<<<

tony hipchest
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
^^^^^i always forget that there were surviving members of the branch davidians^^^^

fansince'76
03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
^^^^^i always forget that there were surviving members of the branch davidians^^^^

:chuckle: