PDA

View Full Version : Chamillionaire

Koopa
08-24-2005, 12:23 AM
he's a rapper from houston, he's freakin awesome and the only reason i listen to rap. i'm just trying to get the word out on him. he's got a big following in the south but i don't know about up north so on every message board i post on i try to introduce him and i've gotten great responses from ppl. so i thought i'd let ya'll know about him. he has a single out right now called turn it up ft. lil flip, today they just showed the music video for it on b.e.t. it was awesome. it'll be on regular rotation on rap city so try and catch it if you have time his major debut "the sound of revenge" hits stores october 25th, it's going to be off the chain por favor believe it.

some songs i recommend you listen to is:

turn it up ft. lil flip

back up plan ft. devin da dude

true ft. lil flip and paul wall

clap

you got wrecked (mike jones diss)

roll call (another mike jones diss)

and many many more

if ya'll want i'll post some links for ya'll to download or just send me a pm and i'll send them to ya'll there.

let me know what ya'll think of him

Koopa
08-24-2005, 10:13 PM
here is his first music video to turn it up, the video is awesome, the song is great, chamillitary mayne!!

"Turn It Up" Music Video (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/chamillionaire/video/00_turnitup.asx) | Windows Media

"Turn It Up" Music Video (http://boss.streamos.com/real/universalmotown/universal/chamillionaire/video/00_turnitup.ram) | Real Player

Prosdo
08-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I'll pass this along to my sister. She is into that genre of music.

bigbensgirl7
08-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Sounds good...I'll pass the word on to people I think would be interested...and I'll pick up the CD too!

Koopa
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
geah! chamillionaire gonna be doing it big, everyone jump on the band wagon before it gets to full. and if ya'll buy his cd ya'll definitly won't regret it, i haven't heard a song i don't like. ya'll should check out man on fire one of his newest mixtapes. i orded it on www.djsmallz.com for only 8 bucks that's including the shipping and handling.

Prosdo
09-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Didn't realize he had a song on Madden 06. Atleast I'm guessing it's the same person lol

Koopa
09-05-2005, 10:10 PM
yeah it's the same guy, hate in ya eyes, great song, main reason why i bought the game, it gots him and an other houston texas finest slim thug. southern rap takin over, lol

Blitzburgh55
09-06-2005, 05:49 PM
ive been listing to chamillionaire for a month every since i saw king koopa sig on anthoer site

Koopa
11-23-2005, 01:10 AM
the day i have been waiting for has finally arrived..... here's a review on the cd, and if you like rap go get this cd and if you don't, get it anyway damn it lol

review from rapreviews.com
Chamillionaire :: The Sound of Revenge
Universal Records
Author: Steve 'Flash' Juon

It's been a long time coming, but the wait is finally over. Few artists have released as many self-promotional albums in the last two years as Chamillionaire: "Chamillitary," "Mix Tape Messiah" and "The Truth" just to name a few. In fact Cham has been so prolific he had a "Greatest Hits" album before he ever released his major label debut. Perhaps the single most impressive thing about Chamillionaire though is how much he has evolved as an artist since his split from former partner and best friend Paul Wall. While Wall picked up the torch for diamonds and flossing and ran with it (successfully) on his album "The People's Champ" earlier this year, Chamillionaire has steadily showed an increasing depth beyond talking about wealth. He's become adept at punchlines, worked hard on mastering the craft of a storyteller, and tightened up his flow and diction in general. "Highly anticipated" would be an understatement. All that remains is for Cham to get over his petty feud with Mike Jones and get the best payback of all - sweet success. That's what "The Sound of Revenge" is all about right from the intro:

"Yeah, a lightning bolt strikes in the air, yeah, finally it's here
Cause y'all are the judge, the day of judgement finally is near
In your eye I see a tear, and it's remindin me of fear
Rap's been dead so long, so stop denyin what you feel
Dis payback for the fact that y'all ain't tryin to keep it real
Grim reaper that we call Revenge right beside ya in your ear
He's saying your time expired, time is finally due it's clear
Not sober mind is a weak mind and he's buyin you a beer"

You can't make it any more obvious than that. Chamillionaire is so about his game, lyrically and mentally, that he'll eschew the trademark vices a rapper's wealth (real or imagined) buys and stay firmly focused on being sharper than his competition. The banging Hardley Davidson beat of "In the Trunk" shows though that King Koopa isn't trading in his player card or his hard beats. Cham still likes to bump it down the block, he just does it better with his shit than anybody else does with their own:

"I heard somebody say that the South ain't got no lyricists
Well 'bang bang' at the game like everyone down here is pissed
You lookin for the truth then look no further, here it is
Turn it up a notch so they can not say they not hearin this
They say Chamill is sick, click click, here's a clip
'Bang bang' at the rap game to make your spirits lift
And it seems to me the industry is all on Jigga's dick
Who? You, you, you, and you nigga - pick a click
Universal sent me to bring some realness to the industry
Got here, then I realized that ain't nobody real but me
Okay, a couple niggaz but none of 'em real as me
Tell your favorite rapper he should diss me if he disagree
I bet I'm actin like your favorite rapper isn't me
Tell your second favorite whose the best and show 'em a picture of me
He'd have to take me out to prove that he's as sick as me
So me verse me, the only battle that y'all gonna get to see"

That kind of confidence is not only hilarious, it's damn infectious. It's hard to argue with his points - the South's lyricists don't get the credit they deserve and a whole lot of the industry STILL swings from Jay-Z's nutsac. What's really key to Chamillionaire's flow is the pace of his delivery. Rewind the phrase "diss me if he disagree" several times and you'll key on exactly what I'm talking about. Cham flows like a lyrical Swiss watch - flawless timing. Only two tracks deep into the album Chamillionaire has already proven his point, but when he unleashes the Scott Storch produced "Turn it Up" featuring Lil' Flip on track three, you really could say "Game Over":

"Give me that million dollar beat and let me show you what to do with it
(Who that is??) That's the illest rapper chopped and screwin it
Couldn't snatch the game is what they told me, so I'm provin it
Put the truth in Texas with Scott Storch and you got you a hit
Hit and never miss, rep your click and throw 'em high
Cause Chamillionaire's the anwser to the game like Allen I
Middle fingers to the sky, if they don't like that reply
Cause any DJ that deny is a mother fu'uh'err liar
So give the ladies what that want, got 'em racin to the front
of the stage to feel the bass and tell the DJ turn it up (turn it up)
Yeah! _Sound of Revenge_, send Universal to go get my plaques
Rap is dead so I'ma bring it back, like DJ's do when they hear my track
Check out my track record, they'll say I'ma track wrecker
Hotter than a black pepper now that I am back niggah (he's back!)"

Just so you don't get the impression that the entire album is Chamillionaire bragging on himself or his abilities (and certainly that's been a time honored premise for rap albums for decades) there is more diversity to the subject matter as you go deeper into "The Sound of Revenge." Cham reminds the hood to honor the code of the streets on "No Snitchin'," warns that rappers who perpetrate an image on wax they can't maintain in real life may pay for it on "Frontin," and even smooths it out a little bit on the Beat Bullies produced "Grown and Sexy" - the latter may turn out to be a surprise crossover hit for Koopa. The singing of Natalie on "Think I'm Crazy" may make it the obvious choice, but both tracks are fly as hell. Another song which may surprise those who think Cham is a one-trick braggadocious MC is the inspirational "Rain" featuring Scarface and Billy Cook:

"Tired of bein poor yeah, tryin to leave the rats
Walk out to see that three of your tires be all flat
And that, one tire left is a sign of hope
That helps you to keep on grindin when you kinda broke
That helps you to keep composure up around your folks
That keep you from tryin to wrap a rope around your throat
Don't choke - you feelin like givin up
Life isn't a million bucks, you're feelin like livin sucks
God's tellin you he your boy but you don't wanna give the trust
Momma tellin you pay your tithes and you yell at her back "For what?"
So the pastor can ride faster, get some rims on his truck
I don't think they'll miss ten percent of negative bucks
Put some Henny up in your cup, your problems'll start to drown
But soon as your buzz leaves, them problems come back around"

Chamillionaire is not the first out the South to come this real, and definitely not the last. Rather he's one in a long line of tradition who raps from the Dirty but often gets treated like dirt. This time Cham vows that things will be different and with "The Sound of Revenge" he may indeed reap what he sews. His hard deep voice suggest that revenge is a dish best served cold but in the end "The Sound of Revenge" will go down as one of the year's hottest albums.

Music Vibes: 8 of 10 Lyric Vibes: 9 of 10 TOTAL Vibes: 8.5 of 10

BB2W
11-23-2005, 03:32 AM
I have downloaded many of his songs, and I like them. His beats and hooks are great, but I like East Coast rap a bit more. He is defintely very skilled, and thanks for pluggin me in. :cool:

Koopa
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM
well i'm bored so i decided to dig up my old thread to post his brand new music video, the song is called ridin' and it features krayzie bone from bone thugs n harmony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aesI5OQb0aw&search=chamillionaire%20ridin

side note: the reason they show wrestling scenes is because they are using it as a metaphor to how some police threat ppl

XxKnightxX
02-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Ive actually got to get to know this guy from that Mtv documentary called My block: houston. I really like the way he raps with the solid voice and none of that other dipset bullshit up here north. Ill get his cd once i have time.

Koopa
05-18-2006, 02:08 AM
my boi chamillionaire doing it big............ certified means he's shipped over a million copies of his cd to stores, right now his actual sales as of may 17, 2006, it's at 802,603, so 197397 more copies and he'll have sold platinum. but he gets is plaque no matter what. also ridin' has become a big crossover hit, something i didn't even suspect would happen. besides lil flip, he's really the only houston artist to make is on trl.

http://www.luxurymindz.com/c/platinum.jpg (http://www.chamillionaire.com)

clevestinks
05-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Koopa you should get kick backs from him for pimpimg so much, he owes you

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Karma Karma Karma Karma
Karma chamillionaire
You come and go
YOu come and gooooo

Koopa
05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Koopa you should get kick backs from him for pimpimg so much, he owes you

him putting out good music is payment enough lol

Karma Karma Karma Karma
Karma chamillionaire
You come and go
YOu come and gooooo

HUH????????????

MattsMe
05-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Karma Karma Karma Karma
Karma chamillionaire
You come and go
YOu come and gooooo

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Now that's funny.

Koopa
05-25-2006, 07:41 PM
the first rap song to hit number 1 this year on the hot 100 on billbard.com

Chamillionaire 'Rides' To Top Of Hot 100

Chamillionaire's "Ridin'" featuring Krayzie Bone ascends two rungs to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 this week. The cut ends the three-week run of Rihanna's "SOS," which falls to No. 3 on the Hot 100 but remains atop the Pop 100 for a fourth week.

Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" holds at No. 2 on the Hot 100 and reclaims the top spot on the Hot Digital Songs chart, where "SOS" falls to No. 2. The Powter track also leads the Adult Contemporary chart for a fifth frame.

The songs in the Hot 100's 4-7 slots stay put: Sean Paul's "Temperature," Fort Minor's "Where'd You Go" featuring Holly Brook, Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Dani California" and Lil Jon's "Snap Yo Fingers" featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ, respectively. "Dani California" leads the Modern Rock chart for a sixth week and remains atop the Mainstream Rock tally for a fourth.

Elsewhere on the Hot 100, the Fray's "Over My Head (Cable Car)" rises 10-8, while Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous" featuring Timbaland rockets 30-9 and is the chart's greatest sales gainer.

T.I.'s "What You Know" descends 6-8 to round out the Hot 100 top tier. The cut surrenders its No. 1 spot on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart after six weeks to Yung Joc's "It's Goin' Down," which climbs 3-1.

Field Mob's "So What" featuring Ciara is the Hot 100's greatest airplay gainer, rising 33-31, and Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" is the chart's top debut at No. 54.

Also new are Ashley Parker Angel's "Soundtrack To Your Life" (No. 75), Toby Keith's "A Little Too Late" (No. 93), Rodney Atkins' "If You're Going Through Hell (Before The Devil Even Knows)" (No. 96), India.Arie's "I Am Not My Hair" (No. 97), Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Snow (Hey Oh)" (No. 98) and Craig Morgan's "I Got You" (No. 99).

On the Hot Country Songs tally, Dierks Bentley's "Settle For A Slowdown" rises 2-1, sending Jason Aldean's "Why" to No. 2 after one week. Bubba Sparxxx' "Ms. New Booty" featuring Ying Yang Twins and Mr. ColliPark holds atop the Hot Ringtones chart for an eighth week, while Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" featuring Wyclef Jean leads the Hot Latin Songs chart for a second.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Sound of Revenge is a good CD. That and T.I.'s King gets alot of play in my ride these days.

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I hate rap, but I'll give you credit for calling this one, Koop.

Koopa
05-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Sound of Revenge is a good CD. That and T.I.'s King gets alot of play in my ride these days.

good shit, t.i.'s cd is pretty tight, i'm listening to live in the sky right now, that and ride wit me are my favorite tracks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got this from billboard.com too

May 25, 2006,
Fred Bronson
WHO WANTS TO BE A CHAMILLIONAIRE:
For the first time in eight years and nine months, a song on the Motown imprint is No. 1 on The Billboard Hot 100, as Rihanna's "SOS" yields to "Ridin'" (Universal Motown) by Chamillionaire featuring Krayzie Bone.

The present-day Motown is far removed from the label founded and nurtured by Berry Gordy. It's simply a brand now, owned by Universal Music and used for the company's R&B releases, while the Universal Republic logo is reserved for pop recordings.

Still, Chamillionaire brings the famous name back to the top of the chart, for the first time since the week of Oct. 4, 1997, when Boyz II Men held pole position with "4 Seasons of Loneliness."

"Ridin'" is the 38th song bearing the Motown name to lead the tally. The run started with Mary Wells' "My Guy," which advanced to No. 1 the week of May 16, 1964. That gives Motown a span of chart-topping hits that stretches over 42 years and three weeks. Motown remains in sixth place among labels with the most No. 1 songs on the Hot 100.

The top six:

Columbia (95)
RCA (60)
Capitol (50)
Atlantic
(42)
Epic (40)
Motown (38)

"Ridin'" is the second Hot 100 chart entry for Chamillionaire and his first No. 1 hit. In January, "Turn It Up" peaked at No. 41. This is Krayzie Bone's second turn at the top, but the first time under his own name.

Exactly 10 years ago this week, "Tha Crossroads" by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony was in the third week of an eight-week reign. With "Ridin'" gliding to the head of the class, the rapid turnover of No. 1 songs in 2006 continues. This is the ninth song to move to the top this year, and 2006 is not even half over. In all of 2005, only eight songs moved into the penthouse.

http://billboard.com/bbcom/chart_beat/bonus.jsp

Koopa
07-21-2006, 02:56 PM
i'm bored, so i thought i'd post chamillionaire's new video to grown and sexy........this is the first time i've seen cham without a du rag or a hat, the dude has a fivehead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_I9NWcYio&search=grown%20and%20sexy

ngreene15
07-21-2006, 03:59 PM
i'm bored, so i thought i'd post chamillionaire's new video to grown and sexy........this is the first time i've seen cham without a du rag or a hat, the dude has a fivehead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_I9NWcYio&search=grown%20and%20sexy
I have a couple friends that went to the Chamillionaire concert here a couple nights ago... On the 17th I think. They said it was absolutley crazy. 1000 some people packed into a club, they said it was crazy loud... Chamillionaire's set was only an hour but they said it was amazing. Apparently he did this bit where he said ..."Do you want to see my dance...?" crowd screams... And he whips out a 2000 dollar stack and starts throwing it out into the crowd. I was on a vacation in Ottawa Ontario and I wish I was back in time to see this concert. I am very jealous of my friends.

SteelCityMan786
07-21-2006, 04:06 PM
he's a rapper from houston, he's freakin awesome and the only reason i listen to rap. i'm just trying to get the word out on him. he's got a big following in the south but i don't know about up north so on every message board i post on i try to introduce him and i've gotten great responses from ppl. so i thought i'd let ya'll know about him. he has a single out right now called turn it up ft. lil flip, today they just showed the music video for it on b.e.t. it was awesome. it'll be on regular rotation on rap city so try and catch it if you have time his major debut "the sound of revenge" hits stores october 25th, it's going to be off the chain por favor believe it.

some songs i recommend you listen to is:

turn it up ft. lil flip

back up plan ft. devin da dude

true ft. lil flip and paul wall

clap

you got wrecked (mike jones diss)

roll call (another mike jones diss)

and many many more

if ya'll want i'll post some links for ya'll to download or just send me a pm and i'll send them to ya'll there.

let me know what ya'll think of him

I like Some of chamillionaire's stuff. Turn It Up and Ridin' good songs.

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 04:46 PM
ridin has absolutely blown up. theres about 3 stations on sirius that have it on regular rotation. 2 of them arent even hip hop/ rap stations.

SteelCzar76
07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Dude,... (Cham) is Buttcheeks,....LOL. Jeezy, Tip, Game, SevenDust, Jim Jones and Dip set is what's up. Also,.... cop yourself a Gangsta Grillz mixtape. Texas is REAL,... but most of it's hip hop is that bullish,...with the EXCEPTIONS of Legends like Face/The Geto Boyz,...and UGK.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Koopa
07-21-2006, 07:29 PM
ok, get the **** out my thread with that bullshit lol, dipset is hot garbage, you now make me sick with that bullshit, **** new york **** the east. jeezy is nothing but a drug gimmick, i like t.i., sevendust is a rock band so i don't know what they have to do it, unless you are just naming black ppl/groups..........smh i can't believe mentioned dipset in my thread i should cyber bitch slap you for that shit lol

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 07:35 PM
E-BEEF!!!

E-BEEF!!!

E-BEEF!!!

:yeehaw:

gotta give props to the ghetto boys and the 5th ward though. classic old school that put texas on the map of rap

SteelCzar76
07-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Stop Playin Koopa,....you do realize your doing the "Gangster Licious" INTERNET tough guy thing right now ? LOL. Music is a form of ART,...meaning it's subject to opinion with no clear or definitive winners in regards to who's better. I actually was'nt tryin to step or your toe's or Set trip,......but based on who i am, and you poppin greasy,.....Eat a D#ck. Now,...we can handle this like gentleman or,..................

"'Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

Koopa
07-21-2006, 07:52 PM
you calling me gay??? i saw that epsiode of boondocks lol.........dipset sucks your taste sucks lol.....there was no need to bring your hate in my wonderful thread, that's why i acted like an ass

SteelCzar76
07-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Koop, I wasn't hating on your Homeboy Cham,....that would imply Jealousy. I was gaining insight into your personality by your preferfence of Hip Hop. The INDUSTRY is called just that for a reason. It's a buisness at the end of the day,....but personally i don't prefer the Commercial rap during down time. I just know the Gimmick sh#t is good for BUISNESS,...but bad for the Genre from an artistic point of view. Oh yeah,....Boondocks is the truth Right ? LOL. As far as you wildin, your a Steeler,....we're good,.....doesn't mean we'll be takin long showers together though (LMAO).

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

Koopa
09-02-2006, 05:03 PM
here's weird al's new single off his cd lol, it's a parody of ridin by chamillionaire

New parody from Weird Al, off his CD Straight From Lynwood coming out september 26

http://media.putfile.com/Weird-Al-White-And-Nerdy

http://www.weirdal.com/images/solcvrms.jpg