PDA

View Full Version : "team players" or straight up suckers???

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
with the pats potential signing of adalius thomas (for the mega bucks) he stands to make more in his 1st year than vrabel or bruschi have in their last 4.

lol suckers. im sure thomas feels better right now w/o the rings than you do with them. :sofunny:

SteelShooter
03-03-2007, 09:02 AM
:sofunny: :rofl: :sofunny: :rofl: :thumbsup: LMAO!!!:thumbsup: :rofl: :sofunny: :rofl: :sofunny:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I am sure vrabel and bruschi are doing just fine with money

RoethlisBURGHer
03-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Vrabel and Brushci both are just fine,they don't need the 50 cars and 3 houses.They'd rather get a nice collection of Super Bowl rings and make a very nice amount of money than leave where they are at for mega-bucks and not win anything like most players.

BOXCAR JOEY
03-03-2007, 02:03 PM
SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 02:47 PM
all players in the nfl are doing "just fine". just some are doing a hell of alot more fine than others.

oh well, i guess once bruschi retires, and his wife divorces him and takes his house, he can hock all those rings to pay for the "assisted living", he is for sure going to need.

:chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't know, it was a good signing by the Pats.

CantStop85
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Over the last year or two the Patriots franchise has really transitioned into more of a business.

I don't really fault Bruschi or Vrabel...they're not exactly playing for minimum wage to feed their families. The number of super bowls they've won alone would set them up for life with endorsement deals and so on.

tony hipchest
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
The number of super bowls they've won alone would set them up for life with endorsement deals and so on.like it did for mike webster?

RoethlisBURGHer
03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
If you don't get the edorsements the year you win, your not going to get much 3-4-6 years later. Remember this is a what have you done for me today league and the endorement deals are the same way. If they don't win another in the next 2 years or so even Bradys deals will be smaller.

Yeah,but Brushci and Vrabel aren't dumb (I know Vrabel ain't,he went to Ohio State).They aren't blowing all of thier money on cars,houses,and jewelry like many players do.I am sure they have invested money into things such as a roth ira and stocks and bonds...and they probally have some money stowed away in a savings account just building for a rainy day.

polamalufan43
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
If you don't get the edorsements the year you win, your not going to get much 3-4-6 years later. Remember this is a what have you done for me today league and the endorement deals are the same way. If they don't win another in the next 2 years or so even Bradys deals will be smaller.

Unless you win again.....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Suitanim
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
This is a bit surprising. The Pats usually use "The Tuna Method" of signing value players and getting the most out of them. I'm not so sure that Thomas will be able to duplicate his success on the Pats. His supporting cast certainly won't be as strong...it'll be interesting to see if they get the value they obviously perceive from him.

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
kirwan pretty much summed up my thoughts on this (in a non smack sort of way) in yesterdays article.

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(March 7, 2007) -- The amount of guaranteed money for unrestricted free agents over the past several days has been great for the players and their agents, but it could have a negative effect on veteran players already on those rosters.

When Patrick Kerney and Joey Porter combine for close to $40 million in guaranteed money, the pass rushers tagged with the franchise tag get frustrated, the younger veterans with better numbers get frustrated and getting players re-signed for more reasonable deals is close to impossible.

The question now is: What do the rest of the quality free agents think they are worth? The old-school thought process was the prices start to come down. The way the signings are moving along and the amount of salary-cap space out there suggests it will be a few more weeks before the market changes.

The next wave of signings should include recently released tight end Randy McMichael, who just saw Daniel Graham get a big deal in Denver. Running backs Dominic Rhodes, Jamal Lewis and Corey Dillon might create downward pressure on each other. Sooner or later, Cato June, Ken Hamlin and Kawika Mitchell are going to say yes to deals with significant guaranteed money.

As one general manager said to me, "I thought we all learned the lesson of cap management a few years ago, but I guess we didn't."

anyone think asanti samuel will be playing not to get hurt next year? or will he play with wreckless abandon like r. harrison? $80,000,000 says hes taking it easy.