PDA

View Full Version : Why Cedrick is Staying in 2007

drew102e
03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
cutting Cedrick wilson makes no sense,

First the steelers need a WR, and hes better than average, whay waste a draft pick when we have needs on OL and D

Second, his salary is 1.9 mil which is alot for a 4th string WR BUT his cap hit includes one mil this season and one next,

so fiscally if you cut him this year, he costs more than hes getting paid in dead money

is it really worth 2 mil in dead money not to have him on the roster whatever $$$ is tied up in signing a replacement

so he has to stay this season, if he doesnt improve, then next year cut his butt (and only eat 1 mil in dead money)

IMHO

http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/sign01.gif
:sign01:

AZ_Steeler
03-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I think he'll be here this year, but depending on who is drafted then he could very easily be gone... it all depends on the draft!

ChronoCross
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
We already know that 1 and 2 is ward and holmes, and washington who keeps getting better will be #3 if not beat out. And we have a ton of WRs waiting to compete plus the draft and who we take there. There is always that chance since there is a New Coach that Cedric possible gets cuts because he gets beat out. Were not even sure on how many WRs Tomlin will keep in the starting lineup. Since there will be a lot of 4 wide out spreads on 1st and 2nd downs then Id say 6 WRs we keep on a guess. But with a new Coach no one is safe so who knows. There is probably going to be more shake up in the team before season starts as Tomlin settles in and sets the new team the way he wants. There is no more Cowher, there is no more holding onto a player just because the Coach likes him as a person.

drew102e
03-03-2007, 02:53 PM
but tomlin is a first year coach, and the rooneys wont let him cut a guy unless the GM signs off on it

19ward86
03-03-2007, 04:18 PM
we dont need him.... we have powerful guys on the practice squad like walter young. walter young had 1 catch last year, he is 6' 4" tall, he is kind of like a keyshawn johnson, a guy who isnt too fast but is physical. sean morey is also better than cedrick. and by the way i wouldnt forget about willie reid, and the fact that we have heath miller.

Elvis
03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
we dont need him.... we have powerful guys on the practice squad like walter young. walter young had 1 catch last year, he is 6' 4" tall, he is kind of like a keyshawn johnson, a guy who isnt too fast but is physical. sean morey is also better than cedrick. and by the way i wouldnt forget about willie reid, and the fact that we have heath miller.
:coffee:
We must have signed some WR's that I havent heard about.
Can someone fill me in on these new signees?....
Walter Young? Are you kiddin' me? Like Keyshawn Johnson clone?:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
I hope that this was just a trick thread Ward!!
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
Willie Reid I think can help us on special teams
and given time I think he might be a decent 4th WR at most.
:tt02:

fansince'76
03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
We must have signed some WR's that I havent heard about.
Can someone fill me in on these new signees?....
Walter Young? Are you kiddin' me? Like Keyshawn Johnson clone?:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
I hope that this was just a trick thread Ward!!
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
Willie Reid I think can help us on special teams
and given time I think he might be a decent 4th WR at most.

I wouldn't mind a Keyshawn Johnson type WR - minus the big yap, of course.

Elvis
03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :dang: :dang: :dang:
Sean Morey is Better than
Cedric Wilson?
:banana: :chicken: :cheer:

Elvis
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't mind a Keyshawn Johnson type WR - minus the big yap, of course.
I wouldnt mind that either brother...
but anyone to say that Walter Young is a big tough
clone of Keyshawn is seeing something that
I have never seen before..Amen?

fansince'76
03-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I wouldnt mind that either brother...
but anyone to say that Walter Young is a big tough
clone of Keyshawn is seeing something that
I have never seen before..Amen?

Amen to that. Like I said, I wouldn't mind a Keyshawn Johnson type WR - minus the big yap. However, Walter Young ain't it.

Dynasty
03-03-2007, 06:02 PM
he never said he was as good as keyshawn.. all he said was that he has the same body type, and lack of speed

NV STEELERS 723
03-03-2007, 06:39 PM
As much as I hate saying it... Wilson knows the "O"... he does...knows every route...and he was starting much of the last 2 yrs...

He's not a bad reciever...but he doesn't have the heart that Hines has....

He is expendable in my opinion....Willie Reid is the guy that I really like...he's fast, can return punts, and KO's.... and Hines w/ his leadership can really make this guy into a WR to be respected!

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-03-2007, 08:07 PM
i wouldn't be shocked if the steelers selected Dwayne Jarrett out of USC if he's there at #15...he's 6'4'' and would be a nice addition to holmes and ward.

plus, i get the impression that ward will be asked to redo his contract in the next year and i'm not sure how he'd respond to that.

i'm disappointed in cedrick wilson as i expected more of him.

The Duke
03-03-2007, 11:44 PM
As much as I hate saying it... Wilson knows the "O"... he does...knows every route...and he was starting much of the last 2 yrs...

He's not a bad reciever...but he doesn't have the heart that Hines has....

He is expendable in my opinion....Willie Reid is the guy that I really like...he's fast, can return punts, and KO's.... and Hines w/ his leadership can really make this guy into a WR to be respected!

I had forgotten about Willie Reid. What are the chances this guy moves up the depth chart say to WR#4 this year?

ChronoCross
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I had forgotten about Willie Reid. What are the chances this guy moves up the depth chart say to WR#4 this year?

If he stays healthy, a very good chance. Willie Reid maybe a guy to look at but another season like last year when he spent more time injured then anything he might be gone.

coachspeak33
03-05-2007, 08:28 AM
please dont compare walter young with keyshwn johnson.....please please dont do that

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-05-2007, 10:34 AM
i don't see willie reid being anything more than a return guy...which is EXTREMELY important. last year was a disaster, so if he never catches a pass but returns punts and kicks successfully it's like getting an added draft pick this season.

i just didn't understand the logic behind picking him that high in the draft.

drew102e
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
of course if anthony gonzalus (sp) is there in the 2nd round, the steelers gotta think about it, hes gonna be a good WR

then my opinion changes