03-03-2007, 03:11 PM
unique and consice. good job mr. spell.

drew102e
03-03-2007, 03:12 PM
guess the rules dont apply to this guy

wiqidjuggalo
03-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Well considering he OWNS AND MAINTAINS this fine establishment... HE MAKES THE RULES!!!

lol:flap:

SteelersFever
03-03-2007, 03:47 PM

Is this guy kidding? I'm about to get a few infractions. :yawn:

klick81
03-03-2007, 07:36 PM

LMAO!

BOXCAR JOEY
03-03-2007, 09:44 PM
remember this.... He who has the gold card makes the rules hahah

PhillyBallHawks
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Is the only reason that Porter got cut that he had a roster bonus due? Other than that I just don't see it...

ChronoCross
03-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Is the only reason that Porter got cut that he had a roster bonus due? Other than that I just don't see it...

No matter how the coach and FO handled this, Porter was gone. Porter would of held out come camps and pre-season and into this coming season. Porter wants a contract that the Steelers cannot afford. So it was better to cut now save some money and move on. If Porter wanted to be a Steeler he would of restructured his last year contract to a lower price and taken a lower deal. And Porter is pretty clear when he speaks so no matter how its worded he was gone. Porter is not worried about the fans and what some of us want he is worried about the all mighty dollar and that its. Porter wants a bigger pay day then what Steelers can give him, he has to go somewhere else to get it. And he will.

drew102e
03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Is this guy kidding? I'm about to get a few infractions. :yawn:

my deepest apologies kind sir...please forgive my rudeness :)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Listen I will talk to the boss later and set things strait.........Just let me take care of things.
LOL:banana:

wardswarriors86
03-05-2007, 12:27 PM
okay, I understand that the Steelers defense has been very good during the Cowher era. It has even been dominant at times. That is not the issue. The issue is, shouldn't the new coach be allowed to pick players that fit his scheme? If Porter doesn't fit that scheme, why is it not okay to cut him? The team knew Tomlin's philosophy and background when they hired him. This is also not to say that the team should scrap the 3-4 entirely this season but I see no reason that they can't start to transition to it. The coach should be allowed to build the team the way he sees fit. If the Rooneys had, or have, a problem with that, they should have gone in a different direction. Apparently they don't. What I am really pushing for is some patience. The 4-3 defense is also a very effective one. The Steelers of the 70's, the Cowboys of the 70's and 90's, the 80's Bears, the Bucs of the past decade, all 4-3 defenses as were the two Super Bowl teams this year that employ that same style. Apparently it works. Don't rip it just because it hasn't been used in the Burgh for twenty years. Give it a chance.