PDA

View Full Version : Are The Steelers Feeling Dinghy?

SteelersFever
03-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Title: Are The Steelers Feeling Dinghy?
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: John Smathers

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0711.html

stillers4me
03-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Scary.

SteelerFanInTX210
03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
That is a good article. I really like this quote "We'll find out soon enough if Tomlin doesn't know what he's doing, but until then, the Steelers need to be professionals.

Oh my God, it doesn't say 'Cowher' on the coach's office door anymore.

It's time to embrace the horror, guys. Shut your mouths (because you'll need to take a deep breath and hold it) and jump into the deep water."

This goes for steeler fan too, IMO.

Infamix
03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Believe it or not, this is going to be a great season. The off-season feels really cloudy and depressing, but that's a good thing. Yin and Yang. Last year we felt too good during the off-season. This year, the Steelers will make their mark.

Preacher
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I have seen the same type of thing a number of times in a church.

A long time pastor leaves, and the congregants want that person, in a different flesh to come and fill the pulpit. When a different person comes, reality always causes problems.

Then, when that different person sees the disfunction (like 8-8), and starts to make changes, the normal reaction is, "Who is this guy to make changes!" There is usually a leader to this kind of sentiment. Fanaca seems to be that leader right now.

With that said, I think it would behoove the Rooney's to bring Fanaca in to the office and issue an ultimatum.

Shut up and get on board, or your cut. Period.

yeah yeah, I know.. we can't win without him... we will lose our identity when we lose him... we will all stop breathing... blah blah blah...

Trust me, for the long run of this team... it is better to cut a person who challenges the leadership of the coach.

In other words Fanaca and Ward and Ben... SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL

Stillers#1
03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
yup lets all drink the Tomlin kool-aid........

ajs8207
03-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I am a HUGE Steelers fan, but I'm getting sick and tired of the players, especially Alan Faneca complaining in public. The Patriots have lost numerous players during their run, and they never complained. They just went out and won with the players that they have. We dont need to be paying 6 million dollars a year for an AVERAGE linebacker, and Faneca needs to shut up and play, because the last I looked, his offensive line played like **** last year.

polamalufan43
03-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Very interesting read.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Elvis
03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
:tt02: I have seen the same type of thing a number of times in a church.

A long time pastor leaves, and the congregants want that person, in a different flesh to come and fill the pulpit. When a different person comes, reality always causes problems.

Then, when that different person sees the disfunction (like 8-8), and starts to make changes, the normal reaction is, "Who is this guy to make changes!" There is usually a leader to this kind of sentiment. Fanaca seems to be that leader right now.

With that said, I think it would behoove the Rooney's to bring Fanaca in to the office and issue an ultimatum.

Shut up and get on board, or your cut. Period.

yeah yeah, I know.. we can't win without him... we will lose our identity when we lose him... we will all stop breathing... blah blah blah...

Trust me, for the long run of this team... it is better to cut a person who challenges the leadership of the coach.

In other words Fanaca and Ward and Ben... SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL
:coffee:
Amen brother... Couldnt have said it better
Myself..
:tt02:

Elvis
03-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I am a HUGE Steelers fan, but I'm getting sick and tired of the players, especially Alan Faneca complaining in public. The Patriots have lost numerous players during their run, and they never complained. They just went out and won with the players that they have. We dont need to be paying 6 million dollars a year for an AVERAGE linebacker, and Faneca needs to shut up and play, because the last I looked, his offensive line played like **** last year.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
GREAT POST
:coffee: :helmet: :wave:

msafford
03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
yes...change sucks. However, the players are human. As we all know, the Steelers have long been a very stable organization that doesn't endure the amount of change or turnover other teams do. Working in the teaching field where I see the same folks year after year and have developed a routine which is very comfortable, I know what it's like when someone new comes in and shakes things up with new ideas, even if they have administrative support. It can be somewhat disconcerting. Does that make it right IF Faneca and Ward did say those things? no. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the "beloved" media have once again blown things up bigger than they truly are.