PDA

View Full Version : Kimo wants to stay too..

BlitzburghRockCity
08-24-2005, 08:48 AM
http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15086827&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&rfi=6

Kimo plans to hang around

LATROBE - With the clock winding down on the next class of potential free agents, Kimo von Oelhoffen is kicking back. He's waiting for the Steelers to wrap up more important matters.

"There are other guys that have higher values," von Oelhoffen said. "That's just the way it is, and you've got to take care of those guys. We've got some good, young core guys that we need to keep on this team for the future. When they're ready, they'll let me know."

Von Oelhoffen, 34, is entering the last season of his contract, but he's not ready to retire; not after the way he performed Saturday night. Playing with a sore back, the Steelers' right defensive end showed he has plenty of strength and explosiveness left.

Advertisement
"I'm going to play four more years, regardless," he said. "I mean, I'm not going to leave here; I'm going to do everything I can to stay here. But, no, I've got goals, too. My body's fine. My body's great actually. I don't think anybody can match me physically."

Von Oelhoffen said his back pain is a result of his bed and chairs at St. Vincent College and that it will subside. By then it might be time to talk money.

The Steelers will suspend all negotiations Sept. 11 when the season opens.

"I'm probably on the bottom of their list of priorities," he said. "But that's completely understandable. This is a business."

BlitzburghRockCity
08-24-2005, 08:49 AM
I really like Kimo, the guy is still as strong as an ox and lets face, when Dermontti Dawson tells the Steelers he wants Kimo on his team becuz he's the toughest NT he's ever faced, then that says something..even today, he's in great health, doing well in camp, and a leader.

TasmanianTroy271
08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm sure Kimo wants to stay a steeler, and might take a pay cut like Bettis did. That's whats so great about The Steelers; There's so much team loyalty. I'm sure anyone that's been here 5+ years wants to stay a Steeler. I have a feeling that even if he left, he'd be a veteran backup at any other team. He is very underated... Long Play Von Oelhoffen!

P.S. if he's 34 now and he wants to play for four more year... how old was the oldest defensive end in the NFL?