PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh: A jewel nestled in the mountains of PA.

BOXCAR JOEY
03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
So whats your favorite memory os Pittsburgh? Post your most favored memory.

For me it was the weekend of Nov. 12 2005, Drove up there with some of my best friends to watch a game against the browns. What a zainy weekend. I was walking around the city drunk and acting like a pirate with a cartoon tourism map of Pittsburgh and running into my hotel room screaming " The hotel is on fire!" scaring the bejesus out of my buddies and then watching them jumble around trying to evacuate, and a weekend full of some other outrageous pranks between friends. What a great time.

PisnNapalm
03-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Well.... having grown up 20 miles east of Pittsburgh, I have lots of good ones. When I was in high school my friends and I would go in on Saturday. We'd tell our parents we were heading to the Carnegie Library to do research for a paper or something. Then we'd head down town and do whatever. We'd go to the Point if the weather was nice or just wander around.

Recently though, last year I went in for the Fan Blitz on draft day. A couple friends and I road tripped in and had a weekend of it. We bar hopped Friday night, went to the Blitz on Saturday, caught a Pirates game Sat. night and then headed for home Sunday. That was a damn fine weekend.

Stlrs4Life
03-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow, so many, guess mine would have to be watching the AFC Championship with my dad when we beat the Oilers.

polamalufan43
03-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Wow, so many memories. So far, I guess it would be talking Pittsburghese with my friends and when we went outta town people getting annoyed by our accents, that and all the Steeler games.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
03-07-2007, 08:59 AM
The one memory that will be with me for the rest of my life, New Years Day 2006. I was at Jerome Bettis's LAST HOME GAME. Such an emotional day for me since it was my first Steelers Regular Season game as well as for everyone else at the game since we were seeing Jerome playing his last home game.

ARKIESTEEL
03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Mine would be coming up to the fins game last year and tailgateing with Dom and them guys. It is the only time I have been to Pittsburgh and I loved it. For you all that have not tailgated with Dom you need to beg steal or buy an invite it was one hell of a good party and Dom was a great host made all of us feel very welcome.

floodcitygirl
03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
For you all that have not tailgated with Dom you need to beg steal or buy an invite it was one hell of a good party and Dom was a great host made all of us feel very welcome.:iagree: :tt02:

fansince'76
03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
A full day at Kennywood, followed by Eat-n-Park afterwards. Hey, I was 8 years old when I moved away from the area, what can I say?

PisnNapalm
03-07-2007, 09:53 AM
A full day at Kennywood, followed by Eat-n-Park afterwards. Hey, I was 8 years old when I moved away from the area, what can I say?

Dude!!! Kennywood is a wonderful amusement park! I'd gladly go there over any other park.

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
it would have to be my uncle taking me to swing on the big rope that hung from the bottom of the 40th st (washington bridge) and swimming in the allegheny. we mooned a gateway clipper full of tourists from the large concrete base of the bridge. i was 12 and this was before they really started to clean up the rivers, and there were strict rules against us kids swimming in them. my grandfather watched his dad drown swimming across, and from what i hear my great grandfather was an excellent swimmer. we got so busted!

floodcitygirl
03-07-2007, 11:46 AM
it would have to be my uncle taking me to swing on the big rope that hung from the bottom of the 40th st (washington bridge) and swimming in the allegheny. we mooned a gateway clipper full of tourists from the large concrete base of the bridge. i was 12 and this was before they really started to clean up the rivers, and there were strict rules against us kids swimming in them. my grandfather watched his dad drown swimming across, and from what i hear my great grandfather was an excellent swimmer. we got so busted!It would have to be the day that my family drove to the "big city" for the day. What a treat! We even got to ride on a boat across the river. The most memorable part of that day was when we were passing this bridge on the boat ride, I saw two shining examples of big city life. Two boys had dropped their drawers right there for everyone.......TONY!!! I.........:jawdrop:

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 11:51 AM
It would have to be the day that my family drove to the "big city" for the day. What a treat! We even got to ride on a boat across the river. The most memorable part of that day was when we were passing this bridge on the boat ride, I saw two shining examples of big city life. Two boys had dropped their drawers right there for everyone.......TONY!!! I.........:jawdrop:lol. actually my uncle was an adult (more like a big kid) which is why we got so busted. he wasnt supposed to tell my grandma what we did. i think he told her just to piss her off. funny thing with the clipper though. there were people taking pictures and waving. :wave:

so we waved back :moon:

floodcitygirl
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM
lol. actually my uncle was an adult (more like a big kid) which is why we got so busted. he wasnt supposed to tell my grandma what we did. i think he told her just to piss her off. funny thing with the clipper though. there were people taking pictures and waving. :wave:

so we waved back :moon:Well I didn't get that good of a look since my parents covered my eyes. Pics huh.....hmmmm...I'll have to check thru those old family photo albums. :wink02:

steelerbackr4life
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
It would have to be the day that my family drove to the "big city" for the day. What a treat! We even got to ride on a boat across the river. The most memorable part of that day was when we were passing this bridge on the boat ride, I saw two shining examples of big city life. Two boys had dropped their drawers right there for everyone.......TONY!!! I.........:jawdrop:

I think it is funny you refered to da burgh as the "big city". For me even as a small child when I visited it was always a small town with nice people a place to visit with out all the hustle and bustle. Throw in the Stillers and I was hooked!

Of course meeting times with Dom and all the gang are always great! Ill never forget the time we decided to drive downtown after a night game with Dom and his brother Ritchie following me because they werent sure where the Primantis was there. :toofunny:

My favorite trip was when my Grandmother took me out of school to see the parade in1980. That was replaced however when I took my daughter out of school to see the parade in 2006! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

floodcitygirl
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I think it is funny you refered to da burgh as the "big city". For me even as a small child when I visited it was always a small town with nice people a place to visit with out all the hustle and bustle. Throw in the Stillers and I was hooked!

I grew up in a very small town about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. We didn't go very often and to me it was a big city at the time.

I really enjoyed my visit this past year, on my birthday, and being able to go to the game and meet up with Dom and Co for the tailgate. LOTS of shopping for Steeler gear and eating of great food was involved the next day. It was a great time! Hope to do it again this year.

steelerbackr4life
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah always a fun time there I am going to atleast 2 games there this year. Im also going to try to make it for training camp.

Stlrs4Life
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Mine would be coming up to the fins game last year and tailgateing with Dom and them guys. It is the only time I have been to Pittsburgh and I loved it. For you all that have not tailgated with Dom you need to beg steal or buy an invite it was one hell of a good party and Dom was a great host made all of us feel very welcome.

Thanks, but the guests actually make the tailgate.

Stlrs4Life
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I grew up in a very small town about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. We didn't go very often and to me it was a big city at the time.

I really enjoyed my visit this past year, on my birthday, and being able to go to the game and meet up with Dom and Co for the tailgate. LOTS of shopping for Steeler gear and eating of great food was involved the next day. It was a great time! Hope to do it again this year.

Hope ya make a game this season, you better anyways.

steelerbackr4life
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks, but the guests actually make the tailgate.

You got that right! :toofunny:

ARKIESTEEL
03-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Hope ya make a game this season, you better anyways.

I noticed that I didnt get a "hope you make a game" thing response to mine hmmmmm

poor old ARKIESTEEL:banging:

floodcitygirl
03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I noticed that I didnt get a "hope you make a game" thing response to mine hmmmmm

poor old ARKIESTEEL:banging:How about making it to the same game this year Arkie??? :cheers:

ARKIESTEEL
03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
How about making it to the same game this year Arkie??? :cheers:

I have to see which game I am coming up for....we are for sure going to the Rams game in St louis cause its just like 5 hours from the house.....been thinking about and early game but have to see what game is played when.

floodcitygirl
03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I have to see which game I am coming up for....we are for sure going to the Rams game in St louis cause its just like 5 hours from the house.....been thinking about and early game but have to see what game is played when.Ok....but now you can't say that you didn't get a "hope you make a game" statement. :smile:

memphissteelergirl
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I have to see which game I am coming up for....we are for sure going to the Rams game in St louis cause its just like 5 hours from the house.....been thinking about and early game but have to see what game is played when.

Hey, Arkie..I am planning to make that game, too! Hope to meet ya there! :wink02:

And I hope to come up to da 'Burgh for Draft Day in '08. And of course I plan to attend at least one game at Heinz Field....it's at the top of my "things to do before I check outta here" list!

ARKIESTEEL
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey, Arkie..I am planning to make that game, too! Hope to meet ya there! :wink02:

And I hope to come up to da 'Burgh for Draft Day in '08. And of course I plan to attend at least one game at Heinz Field....it's at the top of my "things to do before I check outta here" list!

Seems like there is going to be a bunch of "us" there we need to get together for a tailgate. We have freinds from Memphis meeting us there now