PDA

View Full Version : Im all for this kid...

BringthePressure20
03-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Aaron Ross is picked by us according to Jamie dukes mock draft here it is:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10037862

BOXCAR JOEY
03-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Ross would be a great pick up for the burgh. most def he could help the transition into the 4-3.

jjpro11
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
not another db... look at the ages of our linebackers.. look at the transition the defense is making... cb is not what we need right now no matter how you feel about ike, mcfadden and deshea.

Anthony_Smith27
03-05-2007, 12:09 AM
picking a DB in the first round would be a huge mistake. LB is the biggest need for us

Steeldude
03-05-2007, 04:51 AM

won't happen. too much money invested in taylor already and they still have an unproven youth in mcfadden. plus, there are more pressing needs. LBs, DL and OL are higher on the list. i can't see the steelers investing that amount of money in the secondary. especially with polamalu's contract coming to an end.

Showdaddeee
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
LB or DE here in the 1st round, unless a big WR drops to us.

aussiesteelers
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM
LB or DE here in the 1st round, unless a big WR drops to us.

No way are we taking a receiver. Only if Calvin Johnson drops to us and that will never happen.

memphissteelergirl
03-06-2007, 11:59 AM
picking a DB in the first round would be a huge mistake. LB is the biggest need for us

Agreed...the secondary is fine...if we need anything on D it's a DE and/or LB. And the O-line really needs shoring up.

Newzfoxjr
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I think at this point it has to be defense, no question. And we'll be realistic, Calvin Johnson is not going to drop to us.

DE is the best option, I think.

polamalufan43
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Yes, but he would be someone we would want to get as well, because if we do end up getting into the 4-3, or some hybrid D, then we could use him.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Anthony_Smith27
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Yes, but he would be someone we would want to get as well, because if we do end up getting into the 4-3, or some hybrid D, then we could use him.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Aaron Ross is a corner, we have good corners, he wouldn't help us in a move to 4-3 or into some type of hybrid defense

GBMelBlount
03-06-2007, 08:52 PM
DE & LB first. Taylor /McFadden have alot of upside potential. Next O-line, R-Back, Receiver depending on best available.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I am leaning more and more towards LB Paul Posluszny in the first and Center Ryan Kahil in the second

Krepotkin
03-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Lamar Woodley is the sickness im telling you guys he needs to be in a steelers uniform. He might not be around in the 2nd round, but we should trade down or something. he plays with a mean streak just like our beloved Joey. I am very sold on him and I've watched a number of Michigan games this year and he is an animal.

Viper830
03-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Does anybody thing we need to get another running back? Is willie really the answer? i think we need to draft one . I don't think that willie can stand up to the pounding that he's going to face. I think we need Micheal Bush and make willie the third down back. but that 's just my opinion.

GBMelBlount
03-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Does anybody thing we need to get another running back? Is willie really the answer? i think we need to draft one . I don't think that willie can stand up to the pounding that he's going to face. I think we need Micheal Bush and make willie the third down back. but that 's just my opinion.

Bush has potential. However, with Willie doing so well last year and us resigning Davenport, I think another running back is probably going to be farther down on our draft priorities (day 2) than when Bush would be available. Someone will get a good back in drafting Bush.:tt02:

lersgofor6
03-10-2007, 02:23 PM
id love poz hes a stud

GBMelBlount
03-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I am leaning more and more towards LB Paul Posluszny in the first and Center Ryan Kahil in the second

Most agree on Pos. However, the more I read, the more I think beefing up the O-line is as important as a DE. We'll see if we sign this center (Mahan?) who visited.:tt02:

steelshorty19
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
One thing I don't understand....how can anyone judge the performance of our DB's last year? How many times did we leave them on an island with the lack of a pass rush? I don't think there is any other choice than DE/LB in the first round this year. O-line needs help too, but our success starts with a dominating D....and with the loss of Porter, not saying I disagree with the decision, but we need an impact player to groom.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM
If Patrick Willis, the linebacker from Ole Miss, is still on the board when Pittsburgh gets its first pick, that's who I hope the Steelers get. I'm a close follower of SEC football, and Willis is a beast. He also had an outstanding Senior Bowl performance throughout the week and has continued to impress from all reports I've heard.

Bottomline, we need a linebacker (or DE as some have said) to get this 2007 draft off on the right foot.

TheManOfSteel
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
DE & LB first. Taylor /McFadden have alot of upside potential. Next O-line, R-Back, Receiver depending on best available.

Could not agree more. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
03-16-2007, 08:22 PM

With the need at OLB, I'd be surprised to see Ross to us in 1st round. I also think DE & O-line may trump CB. Plus we have alot of CB's. That being said, I think Tomlin would entertain a steal at CB in the middle rounds and I am OK with that.

The Duke
03-16-2007, 09:14 PM
With the need at OLB, I'd be surprised to see Ross to us in 1st round. I also think DE & O-line may trump CB. Plus we have alot of CB's. That being said, I think Tomlin would entertain a steal at CB in the middle rounds and I am OK with that.

Yeah we are good at CB, we just need for Ike to step it up. If we are going to address DB in the draft it should be on later rounds.

GBMelBlount
03-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah we are good at CB, we just need for Ike to step it up. If we are going to address DB in the draft it should be on later rounds.

Duke, Ike needs to go 180 from last year. He is physically a perfect prototype cornerback, speed, long arms, athleticism, etc. He is young. Hopefully he will crush this year. Even Troy took time. After year 1 one I had thought we blew a pick in Troy and look at him now. We're invested in our cornerbacks, I say we give Ike this year, maybe next to mature. I think he will.

HAZMAT
03-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Linebacker needed...since porter left

Elvis
03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Duke, Ike needs to go 180 from last year. He is physically a perfect prototype cornerback, speed, long arms, athleticism, etc. He is young. Hopefully he will crush this year. Even Troy took time. After year 1 one I had thought we blew a pick in Troy and look at him now. We're invested in our cornerbacks, I say we give Ike this year, maybe next to mature. I think he will.
:coffee: Shoot, I always love Troy and never really doubted his pick at all...Jamie Dukes is just an over weight looking for a job guy there having fun picking players he hopes is picked.. I wouldnt lay my team on his chest I guarentee you that ...
I for one hope that we draft a DB early in this upcoming draft just dont know which one I think that we should grab..
God Is Love
Elvis