PDA

View Full Version : Best OLB

wardswarriors86
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
As I was thinking about Porter, it made start thinking about all the great linebackers that the Steelers have had over the years. I decided to include ONLY outside linebackers. I cannot believe anyone would debate that Ham was the best. Whose next? Lloyd? Greene? Gildon? Brown? Andy Russell? For my money, it goes Ham, Lloyd, Brown, Gildon, Porter. Thoughts?

polamalufan43
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, all time.... Lambert.... OLB proabably Lloyd.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Steeldude
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
for OLB it is ham all the way.

fansince'76
03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Ham - not even close. Was gonna say L.T., but reread the question and realized it was asking about Steelers' OLBs only.

tony hipchest
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
(taking ham out of the equation), if kevin green woulda played most of his career in pittsburgh he would be the easiest next choise. he will probably (or atleast should) go into the H.O.F. as the all-time lb sack leader. he was a prototypical steeler. its a shame he wasnt drafted in the black and gold.

him, lloyd, and porter brought an image and attitude to the team that the others didnt. these intangibles are what set them above the others listed.

polamalufan43
03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
(taking ham out of the equation), if kevin green woulda played most of his career in pittsburgh he would be the easiest next choise. he will probably (or atleast should) go into the H.O.F. as the all-time lb sack leader. he was a prototypical steeler. its a shame he wasnt drafted in the black and gold.

him, lloyd, and porter brought an image and attitude to the team that the others didnt. these intangibles are what set them above the others listed.

:iagree:

100%

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
OLB Ham all the way.He could blitz when needed and he was deadly in coverage.Probally the smartest OLB to ever play the game.

19ward86
03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
greg lloyd followed by porter

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-05-2007, 05:52 PM
As I was thinking about Porter, it made start thinking about all the great linebackers that the Steelers have had over the years. I decided to include ONLY outside linebackers. I cannot believe anyone would debate that Ham was the best. Whose next? Lloyd? Greene? Gildon? Brown? Andy Russell? For my money, it goes Ham, Lloyd, Brown, Gildon, Porter. Thoughts?I agree with your first two, but I don't think Brown played long enough for us to be put ahead of Gildon, and Russell.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2007, 06:10 PM
OLB, Ham.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
greg lloyd

HometownGal
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
OLB Ham all the way.He could blitz when needed and he was deadly in coverage.Probally the smartest OLB to ever play the game.

I totally agree Roeth. :thumbsup:

Tony makes some very valid points above. Kevin Greene was as close to a clone of Lambert as any LB in Steelers history other than the fact that he had his own front teeth and didn't slobber all over his victims. :wink02:

LambertLunatic
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Whose next? Lloyd? Greene? Gildon? Brown? Andy Russell?

How about Lambert? As I recall, he played outside LB his last season or 2. After all, you included Chad Brown on your list, and he only played outside LB in his final season with the Steelers.