PDA

View Full Version : Untouchable

wardswarriors86
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Seeing as how very few players are "untouchable" these days, is there a player on the Steelers that there is no way they could let walk right now? Big Ben? Polamalu? Ward? Parker? I have a hard time saying any player is irreplaceable, but if I had to pick, I would go with Ben. He is becoming the face of the franchise, even moreso after Porter's release.

Mosca
03-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Roethlisberger and Polamalu. After that, no one. Ward would be hard to replace, but he's not untouchable. same for Parker.

Tom

wiqidjuggalo
03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Roethlisberger and Polamalu. After that, no one. Ward would be hard to replace, but he's not untouchable. same for Parker.

Tom

i hate to say it but i agree...

Stu Pidasso
03-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I would add Hines in there as well. After a rare holdout cave-in by the Rooneys, I say that he's on the list as well.

Plus, there's no better all around receiver in the league.

drew102e
03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
not even ben is untouchable, he has one more 'unlucky' and unfortunate offseason and he can go work on jake plummers ranch

ARKIESTEEL
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
If they stay with the 3-4 then big Casey would be hard to get rid of. I would like to see how much a beast he could be in a 4 down lineman set

iloveben7
03-05-2007, 06:05 PM
IMO I would say that all the Steelers are irreplaceable because of their classy personalities, but based on football skills I would have to say my boy Big Ben!!

fansince'76
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
not even ben is untouchable, he has one more 'unlucky' and unfortunate offseason and he can go work on jake plummers ranch

I wouldn't go that far - I don't feel like going back to being a contender year after year and falling short due mainly to subpar QB play again. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

polamalufan43
03-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, I'd hate to see any of them go, but if it is needed, then I guess I would be okay with it. As for untouchable, no one really is. But I'd say Roethlisberger and Polamalu. Ben because even though he is the most unlucky player in the NFL at this point, he actually had the courage to come back after everything, and I think that this season was a real eye-opener for him and that he can only get better from here. In this, he will eventually come something that the FO will find hard to part with. As for Polamalu, he has done great throughout his career here and always does his best, with the exception of last season, in which everyone sucked. Besides this, Troy won't be driven away/towards us by money.
Which is always a plus.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I would add Hines in there as well. After a rare holdout cave-in by the Rooneys, I say that he's on the list as well.

Plus, there's no better all around receiver in the league.

A silly point of correction but...

The Rooney's did not cave-in. It has always been thier method to not negotiate for contracts with players until thier last year of service. If a player holds out of training camp, then negotiations are over until he returns. If the season starts, there are no negotiations... Period.

In Ward's case, it was his last year of contract. When he didn't show for camp, the Rooney's broke off negotiations. Ward then came back to camp, and the Rooney's went back to negotiating. The deal was done before the season began. Thus, Ward was the only one that gave in on his position. Rooney's never did, and I am proud of them for that.

fansince'76
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Ward was the only one that gave in on his position. Rooney's never did, and I am proud of them for that.

Another thing that helped the Rooneys out in that regard was T.O.'s PR snafu over his holdout, which occurred at the same time as Hines'. May not be as lucky to have an external influence like that again.

polamalufan43
03-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Another thing that helped the Rooneys out in that regard was T.O.'s PR snafu over his holdout, which occurred at the same time as Hines'. May not be as lucky to have an external influence like that again.

Well, I'm proud of the Rooney's for sticking to the rules, no matter what the player's status may be. As for external influence, well, I'll say that it may have had a small impact on the Hines holdout.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
03-05-2007, 06:24 PM

I gotta agree with you. That did have a part in it. However, I am not sure what part it had.

One thing it DID do though, It distingiushed a classy player and organization that had a disagreement from a very selfish player and short-sighted organization.

iloveben7
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
^I agree with everything you said polamalufan!! Last year was a learning experience for everyone, especially Ben!!

19ward86
03-05-2007, 06:45 PM
hines is most valuable for our team, every player looks up to him, and he plays his heart out on sundays.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Steelers offense and you think BIG BEN
Steelers defense and you think Polo....how do you say that name TROY
everyone else is replaceable

abgroove
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Seeing as how very few players are "untouchable" these days, is there a player on the Steelers that there is no way they could let walk right now? Big Ben? Polamalu? Ward? Parker? I have a hard time saying any player is irreplaceable, but if I had to pick, I would go with Ben. He is becoming the face of the franchise, even moreso after Porter's release.

I would have to say Polamalu is untouchable. Ben is my second choice.

drew102e
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
i understand the sentiment with troy but just to play devils advocate, he had a concussion and missed some games last year, and once you start getting concussed, it could be a problem, i hope not, but these are the things that i worry about during the off season

PalmerSteel
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
i understand the sentiment with troy but just to play devils advocate, he had a concussion and missed some games last year, and once you start getting concussed, it could be a problem, i hope not, but these are the things that i worry about during the off season

that is the 1st thing i thought of when taz and ben's names are brought up as being untouchable. taz has had at least 6 concussions already and ben already has had at least 2. our top 2 'untouchables'. scary! :dang:

Steeldude
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
polamalu.

hampton would be a tough one to replace too.

i really don't think anyone is untouchable for the right price.