PDA

View Full Version : Has the sky fallen yet?

Edman
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Our impending doom is looming any second now.

The Rooneys are cheap. We don't sign anybody. Our "inspirational" leader Joey "I can rack sacks against sorry teams and disappear against others, I prefer to talk with my mouth" Porter is gone. We're moving to the 4-3. We hired an idiot coach out of race. We should've hired Grimm. Ben has bad work ethic. Cowher is gone. We should've signed T.J Duckett. Colberts an idiot. Tomlin stinks. Cowher is gone. Hines is whining. Willie Parker is too small to be a Steeler back. The Rooneys are cheap. Ben is a prima donna. Faneca is whining, there's an enormous volcano forming in the middle of Heinz Field, the Pittsburgh rivers are drying up...

And did I mention the Rooneys are cheap and Cowher is gone?

Before you murderize me, This is sarcastic humor for a boring offseason. It is not a problem to be afraid of change, but do you think the doom-and-gloom has gone a little overboard in this still YOUNG offseason in Steeler Land?

ajs8207
03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes I do. Great post. We'll be fine.

Newzfoxjr
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Haha. I thought that was real for a minute. Nice.

I think it's too early to tell personally. I mean, we're Steeler fans, right? No one else can read that much out of it yet, so why should we? What we should be doing is supporting our team and stop freaking out. :P

HometownGal
03-05-2007, 09:23 PM

The Rooneys are cheap. We don't sign anybody. Our "inspirational" leader Joey (I can rack sacks against sorry teams and disappear against others, I prefer to talk with my mouth) Porter is gone. We're moving to the 4-3. We hired an idiot coach out of race. We should've hired Grimm. Ben has bad work ethic. Cowher is gone. We should've signed T.J Duckett. Colberts an idiot. Tomlin stinks. Cowher is gone. Hines is whining. Willie Parker is too small to be a Steeler back. The Rooneys are cheap. Ben is a prima donna. Faneca is whining, there's an enormous volcano forming in the middle of Heinz Field, the Pittsburgh rivers are drying up...

Before you murderize me, This is sarcastic humor for a boring offseason. It is not a problem to be afraid of change, but do you think the doom-and-gloom has gone a little overboard in this still YOUNG offseason in Steeler Land?

Thank you, Edman, for a much needed chuckle tonight! :cooldude:

sday06
03-05-2007, 09:29 PM
First, let me address the title 'Has the sky fallen yet?' that would be a good explanation for the horrible condition of heinz field. As far as the offseason goes, when did we the fans start thinking the Steelers FO is an unorganized mess? Yes, Joey Porter is gone, but do you think they let him go running around yelling 'oh my gosh what are we going to do?' The answer is no, they obviously have their eyes on someone in draft we haven't thought of or a free agent hiding in the shadows. Who knows, whatever it may be, i have faith that they have a plan and someone in mind to replace Porter, and for a more reasonable salary to the cap. I myself am optimistic about how our defense will develop. I take everything with a grain of salt, hell i don't even watch the draft, i wait for everything to sort itself out then start paying attention when preseason comes around. Until then, I'm going to sit back with a nice cold one and watch highlights from the Cowher era. Cheers my friends!

geo1963
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for putting it all in perspective....I was getting ready to dust off the y2k survival pack if it got any worse

ChronoCross
03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
It was a laugh at first reading. LOL. But give the Coach and Staff there time to develop what they would believe the new generation of Steelers and Outlook of what we get to watch this next years. Before we make a opinion and think the world is ending.. haha..

19ward86
03-06-2007, 08:49 AM
we have no cap to spend on big players, we are doing fine.

Big D
03-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I dont see why people continue to piss and moan about the steelers cutting an overpaid lb who is pushing 30. We will be fine. As fans we have to trust the steelers organization. I think cutting porter was a good move. He was going to hold out and be a distraction. After last years offseason do you want anymore distractions?

Infamix
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
so true...we need to stop freaking out

polamalufan43
03-06-2007, 03:09 PM

The Rooneys are cheap. We don't sign anybody. Our "inspirational" leader Joey "I can rack sacks against sorry teams and disappear against others, I prefer to talk with my mouth" Porter is gone. We're moving to the 4-3. We hired an idiot coach out of race. We should've hired Grimm. Ben has bad work ethic. Cowher is gone. We should've signed T.J Duckett. Colberts an idiot. Tomlin stinks. Cowher is gone. Hines is whining. Willie Parker is too small to be a Steeler back. The Rooneys are cheap. Ben is a prima donna. Faneca is whining, there's an enormous volcano forming in the middle of Heinz Field, the Pittsburgh rivers are drying up...

LOL, thanks for the laugh and the disclaimer, because if it was real you might have got a irritated message from me:flap: jk jk

Anyway, I think we will be just fine. The important thing now is to think positive. Because if the fans are negative, then that might be a distraction or cause a problem for the team. It feels pretty bad when you know your own fans don't even believe in you.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Edman
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Yep, the sky is falling. We're all doomed.

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/67474