PDA

View Full Version : Thin at LB ya say ?

Northside Jonny
03-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Lets give Lavar Arrington a shot. I bet his market value has dropped considerably,and he is a burgh native . If healthy and the price is right what is there to lose?

volkmire
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Won't happen or I at least hope it won't happen. The Steelers don't need another player with a poor attitude. Look at Owens with the Eagles over a year ago. Players like him rip a team apart. There is no I in a team. I don't care how good you are in the league. Especially in the NFL where there are a lot of players playing at a high level. You have to sacrifice yourself for the team to win championships. I'd rather have an average player with a great attitude than an exceptional player with a poor attitude.

tony hipchest
03-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Lets give Lavar Arrington a shot. I bet his market value has dropped considerably,and he is a burgh native . If healthy and the price is right what is there to lose?its worth a look. he seemed to be doin pretty good before he tore his achilles. low $$$, w/ incentives and a chance to go home is something he might wanna jump at.

ChronoCross
03-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Lets give Lavar Arrington a shot. I bet his market value has dropped considerably,and he is a burgh native . If healthy and the price is right what is there to lose?

Arrington wants to much and is a viable bust after his 3rd season. He has went down hill and there is no upside to him. He is not worth it. He is a waste, trash, no good for nothing LBer running around the league for what ever money he can get now.

19ward86
03-06-2007, 08:51 AM
lavaar arrington is overrated, that is why he has been through 2 organizations in like 4 yrs, and is out of them both.we need james harrison to step up.

Mosca
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
If.

His physical skills have deteriorated to the point where they won't allow him to overcome his mental mistakes. His incredible athleticism was always his strongest asset, and that's gone. Next.

Tom

RoethlisBURGHer
03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I think we already discussed this once,and the answer was a resounding NO.

He wants too much money,is too injury-prone,isn't coachable,and plays outside the sceme.For every big sack he has,there is also about 5 whifs where he tries to lay the smack down instead of just tackling the guy.

polamalufan43
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
its worth a look. he seemed to be doin pretty good before he tore his achilles. low $$$, w/ incentives and a chance to go home is something he might wanna jump at.

Well, he seems like a chance worth taking, but then there is the question of his attitude.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

paw-n-maul-u
03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
how about a little love for lance briggs ... talk about an easy transition into a 4-3, i think the leagues best weakside linebacker and prototype 4-3 LB for a tampa 2 would ease the minds of some steelers fans and surely give something for tomlin to work with in regards to a slow smooth transition into a 4-3 ... i mean briggs is a beast and you could definitly find somewhere on the field for him to play, even in a 3-4 scheme and definitly in passing downs and if steelers decide to experiment with the 4-3 ....

briggs and a RD1 or RD2 DE/OLB in the draft and we're right back on page. ofcourse, haggans, ced wilson and possilby townsend, or any number of backups with decent salary cap hits could be cut. It wouldn't be too hard to work a deal to accomodate him. He gets to play for a championship calibur blue collar team, much like the bears represent. and play for a young enthusiastic coach who is a student of the scheme that best fits his (briggs) playing style.

Stillers43
03-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I would like to sign Napolean Harris LB from Vikings. He was with Tomlin and is a FA. Any thoughts???

Stillers43
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Damn!, the KC Chiefs just signed N. Harris. So much for that thought!

Big D
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I would like to sign Napolean Harris LB from Vikings. He was with Tomlin and is a FA. Any thoughts???
yeah he signed with the chiefs

GBMelBlount
03-06-2007, 10:58 PM
As always, it's all in the draft. It's defense (especially DE/LB) on day 1!:tt02:

OX1947
03-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Steelers need a pass rushing maniac. They dont need anything else.

Himura
03-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Arguably the best LB still on the FA market is Cato June, thuough undersized for most systems including the steelers. Other than that the only other LB's really worth looking at (IMO) are James Darling, Tommy Polley, Jef Posey.

As always, it's all in the draft. It's defense (especially DE/LB) on day 1!

Exactly right we pick up someone like Jarvis Moss and have him compete with James Harrison.

I think if we do any moves in FA it should be signing Brian Russel the FS from the Browns (eww) i Think we really need to sure up that spot on D.

JOEY!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!:dang: :dang: and thats all for me.

polamalufan43
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Arguably the best LB still on the FA market is Cato June, thuough undersized for most systems including the steelers.

JOEY!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!:dang: :dang: and thats all for me.

Cato might be worth looking at though, even with his size.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Steeldude
03-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Arguably the best LB still on the FA market is Cato June, thuough undersized for most systems including the steelers. Other than that the only other LB's really worth looking at (IMO) are James Darling, Tommy Polley, Jef Posey.

greg lloyd was 227.

Steeldude
03-07-2007, 08:00 AM
arrington is not a team player. he has been known for doing what he wants and not what the coaches/team want. this is why he ended up in gibbs' doghouse. also, the money he would ask for would probably be out of the steelers range.

Livinginthe past
03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Cato June got repeatedly run over during the regular season - I really think that the Steelers would be far better off sticking to the draft for a LBer pick - they'll have their pick of the bunch (probably) at 15.

NM